Bua forgotten? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bua forgotten?

Bua will be kept for special teams purposes. He may not be an every down player but he'll be utilized for that and a lot of players make careers out of it...

Bua's a special teamer, nothing more, nothing less. He'll stick around based on that, but I'd be shocked if he sees a significant amount of time at safety unless there's an injury.

I doubt you will see Saban take up roster spots on players that have limited upside, or are "only" ST players like Bua. Saban will carry more LB's and DL than DW, roster spots are a premium, the only true ST players will be the kickers.

Lets give BUA a chance ,hes the type of intense player we need.Hey Hummer great picture could you emailit to me thanx. GO PHINS

Saban will keep the players that best help the team. If Bua plays well, then he will make the team. That hit last year was great, but one hit does not make him a great all around player. At SS he could get beat often going for that highlight hit.

Roth and Bua have nothing in common except that they both have motors and can get crazy. Roth will be a great addition to the DL. I can see him starting right away at either end or olb.

Hummer H23 said:
Bua and Pope are still young, jeez give the guys a chance. I can't believe people are writing them off already :shakeno:
I'm not writing them off man. But they were drafted for the old system. They are LB/S tweeners and Saban prefers his LBs to be more LB/DE tweeners.

Bua will stay, and so will Pope. Special Teams for sure. I thought Pope did okay, but not as good as some people think. I think Bua stays long term for ST's.

Bua is a playmaker. He excells at ST and makes a good SS backup. With another year under his belt he can make a run for starting SS next year.

Didn't Bua play in the SEC? Arkansas right? Saban will know all about him. Saban also drafted players who were "versatile" which fits Bua to a tee. I think he has a chance to make the team as a back-up SS/ST'er. Since none of us have seen him in the defensive backfield outside of college, though Saban saw him there, I think this is an argument that will niot get resolved until training camp.

Surferosa said:
He was a safety in college and has excellent instincts close to the line of scrimmage. So much in fact that Wanny thought he would make a good LB.

Now that sure carries a lot of weight around here. If Wanny saw those skills they must be pretty darn, bite you in the nose, kick you in the tush, obvious!

that's exactly what I was comparing, hence the term "baller". I agree, their skill levels are different.

Ohiophinphan said:
Didn't Bua play in the SEC? Arkansas right? Saban will know all about him. Saban also drafted players who were "versatile" which fits Bua to a tee. I think he has a chance to make the team as a back-up SS/ST'er. Since none of us have seen him in the defensive backfield outside of college, though Saban saw him there, I think this is an argument that will niot get resolved until training camp.

Yes and yes. Bua is probably among the top 5 players I've ever seen, on any level of play, in terms of aggression and heart. Enough to make up for his small size, trust me. I hope to see him starting at SS sometime in the future, until then he'll make his name as a STer.

thedayafter said:
I doubt you will see Saban take up roster spots on players that have limited upside, or are "only" ST players like Bua. Saban will carry more LB's and DL than DW, roster spots are a premium, the only true ST players will be the kickers.

then Saban plans on having bad special teams

Back
Top Bottom