Buckley on ESPN | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buckley on ESPN

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Buckley was the first guest ever on Jim Rome's new show on ESPN. Anyway, Buckley talked about how to survive 11 years in the NFL, and he said he did it by having a short memory. He said having a short memory is key for being a defensive back, which means you basically forget all the bad plays. Also, Buckley talked about Seau, and said that he thinks Seau is re-energized and talked about him at mini-camps.

Originally posted by dolphinators13
Was Jim Rome's show good or not? I missed it.

It was crap, but I've thought he's a punk from the get go.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Oliver

It was crap, but I've thought he's a punk from the get go.

Oliver...

He seemed pretty funny when he commented on the NFL draft.†The only sure thing of the draft is that the Jets will hate their pick."

He makes some good coments from now and then but I just can't stand watching this guy for 30 mins or however long his show is. It gets repetitive after a while. If you want to watch a good sports on ESPN, watch PTI and around the horn.

PTI is great. I've always gotten a kick out of Rome. Sometimes he grates on me. But I don't get to listen that much anyway.

I like PTI too, but Miguel, I still can't see how you like Around the Horn, lol. Maybe the discussions are good, but the object of the game is just pure stupidity, lol. And those 4 guys get old after awhile, they need to rotate to make it fresh.

PTI

I hate Pardon the Interuption. Here's why:
1) They're both anti-dolphins
2) The bald guy once called Dan Marino overrated(he also said he wants to torture the makers of GTA: VC to death, :confused: )
3) They talk mostly about irrelevant crap that doesn't relate to sports
4) When they do talk about sports, they debate who they'd rather marry A-Rod or jeter(I'm not making this up).

Unfortunately booyeah, you're in the vast minority. Despite their anti-Dolphins stance, PTI has fast become the most popular sports show on television. Its innovative and entertaining and the chemistry between Wilbon and Kornheiser is fantastic.

Its like Loveline except a sports show with video clips and subject matter that keep people interested in watching rather than listening, which was one of Lovline's failings, and a big reason why its not on TV anymore but it is a vastly popular radio program syndicated across the nation.

I love PTI...by far my favorite sports show...in fact only The Simpsons and OZ were/are better shows. The only time I have ever heard them bash the Dolphins is when Wilbon said that they blew it after the Pats game (which is true) and before game against the Bears were they reminised on how the Dolphins stopped the '85 Bears from being the second team to go undefeated(Wilbon is from Chicago). Otherwise, after the Seau pickup, they were saying that we might have the best D in the NFL. They also loved Ricky last year, Kornheiser even said he should of been the MVP last year had it not been for Gannon or Holmes' huge years. Kornheiser also likes the Canes, which for me is another plus. They just bring so much more than any other sports show. Way better than watching "Best Damn Sports Show" or "The Sports Reporters". All around, a great show.

Re: PTI

Originally posted by booyeah_
I hate Pardon the Interuption. Here's why:
1) They're both anti-dolphins
2) The bald guy once called Dan Marino overrated(he also said he wants to torture the makers of GTA: VC to death, :confused: )
3) They talk mostly about irrelevant crap that doesn't relate to sports
4) When they do talk about sports, they debate who they'd rather marry A-Rod or jeter(I'm not making this up).

Actually the only one that hates Miami is Michael Orborne( bald guy). The old guy was talking good about miami most of the season.

T.Buck on again in a couple minutes on ESPN2...rerun of the Jim Rome Show.

Re: Re: PTI

Originally posted by finheavenfan

Actually the only one that hates Miami is Michael Orborne( bald guy). The old guy was talking good about miami most of the season.

Its Mike Wilbon...and there both bald...Wilbon is the the black, totally bald guy...Kornheiser is the white partially bald guy

I'm with you- I can't stand PTI, and I'll tell you why. It's debate for the sake of debate and some of their arguments have no merit or are done for the inherent joke. They do post some interesting topics but in order to clash or come up with something they perceive as "funny", they will abandon logic and reason and ultimately ignore the value in the theme they've chosen. They overdo it. And Kornheiser just isn't that funny. He should stick to sports and forget about comedy.
I understand that I'm in the minority, but you know what they say about the masses.

Back
Top Bottom