Buckley on ESPN | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buckley on ESPN

Its a great concept show...

but Kornheiser and Wilborne are overrated...you could plug a million guys into either slot.

Re: Its a great concept show...

Originally posted by RHoffman
but Kornheiser and Wilborne are overrated...you could plug a million guys into either slot.

they're paid to do what we're doing on this site...

Originally posted by breckenridge55
I like PTI too, but Miguel, I still can't see how you like Around the Horn, lol. Maybe the discussions are good, but the object of the game is just pure stupidity, lol. And those 4 guys get old after awhile, they need to rotate to make it fresh.

I agree with you breckenridge55, the object of the game is plain dumb....they need to switch the rules around to make it a little more interesting......

As for PTI, I agree with some of the fans here about their anti-dolphin charisma, but we cant expect everybody to love em like we do......I dot judge them based on wether or not they like our team, i just like the show, they debate about a certain topic, and most of the time they disagree with each other.....I remember the day we bashed Chicago on that monday night they brought us the next game, and the black dude said he hated us for killing his team (Bears) and he didnt think we'd make the playoffs, while the white dude started defending us by saying "are you just saying theyre gonna miss the playoiffs because you hate 'em for beating your team?" and then went on to say we were a top 5 team (:() .....Its fun to watch these guys go at it.

I thought PTI would be annoying at first, but I think it's a great show b/c they do a good job with the topics and they are both very funny and entertaining. The fact that both are friends and aren't so argumentative improves it. Occasionally I disagree with both (especially with their support of Martha Burke).

I also think Around The Horn is pretty good. Thought it was stupid at first; then started watching it and it's pretty cool. I love the "mute" button and the way he gives points to good observations.

Both of these have value not so much for their great points of view (though they do offer some good points), but primarily for their entertainment value - while at the same time offering some level of content for the sports fan who knows his stuff.

They aren't good b/c their popular, however. But, TV shows are like pizzas - it depends on the individual's taste - you can't really argue about taste - you can only express your reason for what you enjoy.

First off, Keyshawn Johnson was the first ever guest on the new Jim Rome show. Terrell Buckley was second, but that is splitting hairs. The show is basically like everything else on ESPN right now. They struck gold with PTI and have formatted every show since to be pretty much the same. I enjoy PTI for the most part. I do not like Rome that much he is overrated. He likes to judge people and screw up the facts while he does it so it fits his side better. His fans don't even get that he is making fun of them when he calls them "clones." Plus, if any caller on his show is wittier than him, he cuts them off or takes credit for it. I also don't like when he starts ranting about topics he has no experience or knowledge about. He is at his best when he is interviewing sports celebrities. He gets good info from those but everything else is filler if you ask me.

PTI....oh god, where to start??.....while they do have the odd insightful blurb i must say the show, and almost all its arguments are fabricated.....they argue because they are supposed to,.......do you honestly believe the same 2 people could have differing opinions on just about every sports related topic??? give me a break and my 30 mins back......

if i don't think someting is genuine i'm not interested........to me watching that show is like watching a fixed nfl game......

You are looking at it wrong, I think Bodzilla. I look at it almost like pro wrestling. Yeah, the arguments are probably thought out ahead of time, but I like the way they argue and find it a good way to kill some time while sitting around doing nothing.

I think PTI is ok but they whine too much for my taste and the format never allows for real analysis of any issue.

On the subject of TBuck he will make a difference for the Fins this year. I would be surprised if he does not record at least three picks

My favorite Sports Show is......ESPN Highlights after the Phins will the Superbowl this YEAR!!!!.....lol

I love PTI. Tony is the best. He also does a show on ESPN radio and at one time had a great sindicated humor column. My TIVO picks up daily for me.

Can't stand around the horn which is moronic. Even the guys on the show can't be serious about the "game" which is just stupid.

I saw Rome's show. It is divided into segments that are basically the same thing over and over again. Interviews mixed in with Rome's opinions given in different, but equally boring ways.

i don't feel i'm looking at it wrong at all.......i watch wrestling(not as much as i used to tho) so i can kind of see where you are coming from.....BUT......they don't try to pull their product off as being genuine, it has been long and well documented that wrestling is scripted.....does PTI admit as much???

too much fabrication for my like......i just don't think either man has much to say....after typing my previous post i watched PTI again and it just added to my conclusion that i'm NOT a fan of the show.....you can almost mouth along to the 2nd man's "speach" after you hear the first guy blabble.......

Why am I not surprised to see you getting into this discussion Bodzilla....probably because we've had a couple of arguements ourselves about this.....I enjoy PTI because it allows me to get other points of view on different topics....just the same as I can get here.....but what Bodzilla is saying is true.....its not too hard to tell which arguements are done for the sake of arguing and which ones are done out of true disagreement.....aside from this minor detail I enjoy the show.....

r*me was one of the biggest marino haters out there. i haven't turned on anything about him since 98 or so. i hate the man, i think his name sould be banded from all dolphin web sites.

Around the Horn kicks ass! Better than PTI. These 4 things I know are true

Jay Fiedler wears # 9, RW lead the league in rushing last year,PTI is not as good as Around the Horn, and my name is Franco lets go around the horn.

I like PTI and could less about Around The Horn. I'll listen to Rome's radio show every now and then but his tv show sucks imo. He's too smug and PC.

Back
Top Bottom