Buddy Ryan's comments on Chris Chambers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Buddy Ryan's comments on Chris Chambers

SDFinFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
"After watching his performance on Thanksgiving Day.....I think the Dolphins should trade Chris Chambers - because he only catches touchdowns...." :lol:

Originally posted by muddaconch
Who is Buddy Ryan?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Buddy Ryan was the head coach of the Eagles (I believe) and the Cardinals and was the defensive coordinator for the Houston Oilers years ago. The guy's like 99 years old now! :lol:

Buddy Ryan was the guy famous for putting together the "46" Defensive scheme for the 1985 Bears. The team that nearly went undefeated.

Originally posted by SDFinFan
"After watching his performance on Thanksgiving Day.....I think the Dolphins should trade Chris Chambers - because he only catches touchdowns...." :lol:

What a complete jack@ss!!!!!!!
Aren't WRs supposed to score TDs????
Oh yeah, not in Buddy Ball. You either run it in, defense scores, or you kick a FG!!!!

Re: Re: Buddy Ryan's comments on Chris Chambers

Originally posted by unclemonty

What a complete jack@ss!!!!!!!
Aren't WRs supposed to score TDs????
Oh yeah, not in Buddy Ball. You either run it in, defense scores, or you kick a FG!!!!

The joke here is that Buddy Ryan made the comment about Chris Carter when he was with the Eagles. That's the reason he traded him to Minnesota - go figure....

Re: Re: Re: Buddy Ryan's comments on Chris Chambers

The joke here is that Buddy Ryan made the comment about Chris Carter when he was with the Eagles. That's the reason he traded him to Minnesota - go figure....

hahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , what an idiot!!

Lighten up, guys. I didn't see him say it, but it sounds to me like it was a compiment to Chambers for the three TDs, and poking a little fun at himself for the Carter quote years ago (which I don't recall).

It probably just loses something in reading it, rather than hearing it.

Sheesh, people around here are so hyper-sensitive...

Re: Re: Re: Buddy Ryan's comments on Chris Chambers

He didn't trade Carter. He flat out released him. Cris Carter was a drug addict and alcoholic. Minnesota got him off waivers and Carter turned his life around. Buddy Ryan actually saved the guy's life.

But yes, Ryan is just making a joke here and paying Chambers a compliment. C'mon guys, chill out. It's Saturday. :cool:

I too was joking by my statement. Buddy Ryan was a solid coach early on. In the end, he lost his head just as bad as Carter. He was a mean old SOB that smacked his players in the head all of the time. At the end of his career, it seemed like he never even tried to score, he just wanted to play field position with his "Buddy Ball" tactics.

Does it really matter? Buddy Ryan hasn't been relevent since he went running into the locker room before the half was over one game with the Cardinals. I couldn't care less what he says about our players. Also, it was clearly a shot at himself meant to be taken light hearted.

Back
Top Bottom