Building a QB | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building a QB

I think when it comes to legs, Marino is the worst ever. He made up for it in the other catagories though.

I retract that statement, I forgot about Bledsoe. Man I need to do more homework.

painnotpleasure said:
I already posted my REAL one above, but someone has to do it...

Arm- Jay Fiedler
Heart- Ryan Leaf
Legs- Drew Bledsoe
Brains- Gus Frerotte AFTER hitting the wall (Sorry, I had to :()
Body- Doug Flutie

If were gonna do that then lol I would change legs to Marino!

painnotpleasure said:
I already posted my REAL one above, but someone has to do it...

Arm- Jay Fiedler
Heart- Ryan Leaf
Legs- Drew Bledsoe
Brains- Gus Frerotte AFTER hitting the wall (Sorry, I had to :()
Body- Doug Flutie

I hate to say it, but it you're gonna take that route, then you have to put Marino in for Legs.

chub said:

:roflmao::roflmao: I like the way you think. :wink:

chub said:
BlitPhinFan said:
I hate to say it, but it you're gonna take that route, then you have to put Marino in for Legs.
I know... I didn't want to say it. I JUST COULDN'T! :cry:

painnotpleasure said:
I know... I didn't want to say it. :cry:

Don't feel bad. Even Dan, himself, stated that he was fine when his legs didn't work, it was when his arm no longer worked that he knew it was time to retire.

PS... I guess we will find out soon enough if he still has an arm or not. Since he is competing in the QB Challenge. If he can still wing it with accuracy then perhaps we can give rebirth to the Wanny conspiracy theory, that he drove Marino into retirement.

BlitPhinFan said:
Don't feel bad. Even Dan, himself, stated that he was fine when his legs didn't work, it was when his arm no longer worked that he knew it was time to retire.

PS... I guess we will find out soon enough if he still has an arm or not. Since he is competing in the QB Challenge. If he can still wing it with accuracy then perhaps we can give rebirth to the Wanny conspiracy theory, that he drove Marino into retirement.
:lol: yes but under no circumstance should Marino be in the same list as Ryan Leaf and Jay Fiedler. And yes... I can't wait for the QB Challenge. It's two days, July 16th (my birthday) and July 17th. I get to see Dan Marino throw the football on my birthday. Helluva a present right there. :cooldude:

painnotpleasure said:
Legs- Vick
Body- Elway
Arm- Marino
Brains-Montana
Heart- Favre

Joe Montana was a product of a bill walsh system. dan marino was a system.

painnotpleasure said:
:lol: yes but under no circumstance should Marino be in the same list as Ryan Leaf and Jay Fiedler. And yes... I can't wait for the QB Challenge. It's two days, July 16th (my birthday) and July 17th. I get to see Dan Marino throw the football on my birthday. Helluva a present right there. :cooldude:

Man, sure is! I would love to have that as a birthday present. I will take it, though, even if it's not my birthday. I just want to see him kick Esiasons' ,Elways' and Kosars' butt! :tongue: Especially Esiason, that wannabe just annoys the heck out of me. :lol:

fisnfan0018 said:
Joe Montana was a product of a bill walsh system. dan marino was a system.

The fact that Walsh(I think is was Walsh) said it, that in and of itself speaks volumes.

Uncle Rico said:
I think when it comes to legs, Marino is the worst ever. He made up for it in the other catagories though.

I disagree with that just based on the incredible level of pocket presence he had. his feet actually were very quick and he could move in the pocket or step up and out of harms way to buy a few more seconds better than QB's with much better legs....that has to rank him well above other slow Qb's and even some fast ones.

Legs:
Vick

Arm Strenght:
Favre

Velocity:
Marino

Spiral:
Marino

Accurcay:
Montana

Brains:
Montana

Heart:
Favre

Legs- Steve Young
Arm- this might be crazy to some but, Jeff George was a bad Qb but he had a very strong arm
Body-Culpepper
Brains- Manning
Heart-Elway

Uncle Rico said:
Hey man, I can dig it. Looking at it from that angle you're right.

I won't take credit for it. I actually heard Marino discuss that issue in an interview about 10 years ago. He stated that a QB rarely has to throw a ball more than 40 yds, and most NFL QB's could do that. However, what set him apart was his ability to throw the deep out with high velocity and with pinpoint accuracy.
Brady can't do it. Neither can Manning.

Back
Top Bottom