Building Collapses | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building Collapses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods...you can move this where it needs to ...Just woke up and saw the news about the apt. building collapsing....Just want to make sure none of my Dolphin brothers were effected.
My prayers go out to anyone or their family hurt.
Just saw that on the news. Looks like a bombing. What a tragedy.

That’s so bad. I’m shocked it hasn’t happened more often. A lot of those building are old and are sitting right near that salt water and ocean breeze eating away it those foundations.
Unfortunate they didn't get that forty year inspection done sooner. Awful news to see first thing in the am. Thoughts and prayers go out to those people.

I'm here in S Fla and it's shocking that a building right on the ocean (expensive units) would just implode onto itself. It almost looked like the 911 buildings the way they went down. I've never seen anything like this in my entire life.

That’s so bad. I’m shocked it hasn’t happened more often. A lot of those building are old and are sitting right near that salt water and ocean breeze eating away it those foundations.
Actually that building is relatively new compared to many of the buildings close to the beach. Many of the Art Deco buildings in that area are 70-90 years old while the building which collapsed is only 40 years old.

According to what I read, this building was constructed in 1981, which means that it should have been constructed with modern engineering... so a collapse like this is unheard of-- at least here in America.

Bombing? Engineering mistake? Cheap construction? This will get very ugly... VERY ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom