Building Collapses | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Building Collapses

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sad...hope people are safe. This tells me there was a lack of inspections done which unfortunately does not surprise me with how things run in S. Florida. It's a shame and hopefully investigations reveal the ugly truth here.

I can't believe the footage. Unbelievable and Unfortunate. Its got to be Faulty Engineering.
Most likely.

It is a horribly bad idea to hava a foundation on sand. Generally, concrete pilings are driven down to bedrock to support the structure.

Unfortunately, solid coral is the best you get sometimes in SE Florida. Even that is usually fine, but if the coral is actually a "shelf", it may not be as structurally sound as believed.

Really hope this has not affected anyone on here, their family or friends.
Horrible thing to happen, thoughts are with everyone who lived there, their loved ones and the emergency services who go into situations normal people are leaving.

This is sad...hope people are safe. This tells me there was a lack of inspections done which unfortunately does not surprise me with how things run in S. Florida. It's a shame and hopefully investigations reveal the ugly truth here.
There aren't typically inspections done on buildings that are already constructed besides fire and health if they are either a restaurant or have a lodging license. You have to certify your railing but that is a self-inspection process.

That's going to be pre-Hurricane Andrew building codes.....still doesn't explain a section falling off like that...
Vibration based weapons. There were dignitaries from South America in the building among the missing. Or a sinkhole :-)

Praying for everyone affected by this.

Hoping for miracles at this point, but that video is devastating.

Blessings to all the first responders who once again headed into something like this to try to save lives, and everyone involved in the recovery efforts.

According to what I read, this building was constructed in 1981, which means that it should have been constructed with modern engineering... so a collapse like this is unheard of-- at least here in America.

Bombing? Engineering mistake? Cheap construction? This will get very ugly... VERY ugly.
It’s interesting to see Biden’s new infrastructure bill to get passed today.

A woman next door heard 2 bangs, or so she said; I'm not convinced this has nothing to do directly or indirectly (like a sloppy bombmaking resident) with terrorism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom