Burke Press Conference | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burke Press Conference

Agua

Fighting the media, one lie at a time
Reaction score
This guy is satisfied with piss poor.
]

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean last week we should have made the play on 3rd and 8, absolutely. And are far from perfect but the defense forces 3 turnovers and wake has a strip sack and the colts recovered. We really had no business losing, needed more offense. Not gonna mention the 2 blocked kicks. Really that is the making of an ass kicking. Offense was the goat.

I mean last week we should have made the play on 3rd and 8, absolutely. And are far from perfect but the defense forces 3 turnovers and wake has a strip sack and the colts recovered. We really had no business losing, needed more offense. Not gonna mention the 2 blocked kicks. Really that is the making of an *** kicking. Offense was the goat.
And if they don't get those turnovers, they get rolled over, like happened when we went through a TO drought.

And if they don't get those turnovers, they get rolled over, like happened when we went through a TO drought.

Sure, same offense. I mean if they got nothing out of 3 turnovers and 2 blocked kicks I wouldn’t expect much more without it. But they did get the turnovers, they’re quite good at it actually. Can’t play take this or that away.

im a head coach and the one thing you can never have is an excuse for anything. they are like buttholes everyone has one and they all stink. this guys problem is he has an excuse for everything. that's the wrong answer, and shows a lot about him as a coordinator

im a head coach and the one thing you can never have is an excuse for anything. they are like buttholes everyone has one and they all stink. this guys problem is he has an excuse for everything. that's the wrong answer, and shows a lot about him as a coordinator

Amen to the coaches excuse train we've been riding!!!

Thanks.

BNF

PS: it starts at the TOP

Wow, I didn’t hear anything close to what the OP suggests. To me it came across as a no BS press conference.

On a side note it was encouraging to hear Burke talk about X’s second pick and how they worked on that technique specifically during the week and seeing it pay off. At least there is some coaching going on with this team.

If he didn't say it why put it as a thread title.

Agenda driven posts.

I mean last week we should have made the play on 3rd and 8, absolutely. And are far from perfect but the defense forces 3 turnovers and wake has a strip sack and the colts recovered. We really had no business losing, needed more offense. Not gonna mention the 2 blocked kicks. Really that is the making of an *** kicking. Offense was the goat.
Did we even get a point off of those turnovers? Maybe a FG?
If we turn just ONE of those into seven, we win that game.

Not as well as I had hoped we would do defensively, but we do have some bright spots. Our secondary looks legit, our LB's are forcing fumbles and DB's are intercepting passes, so we are generating takeaways.

We can't change our record, we're not 7-4, we're 5-6. There are 3 teams with better records in the wildcard hunt, two of which are only ahead by one game. There are another 3 teams with our exact record. Our odds are long, but we are still in the hunt and probably still control our own destiny. But, the time for moral victories is long gone, and losing to Buffalo probably eliminates us from a practical standpoint.

Did we even get a point off of those turnovers? Maybe a FG?
If we turn just ONE of those into seven, we win that game.
Excellent point. Not getting points off the first turnover was a real gut-wrench, and probably the reason we lost. Howard put us in fantastic field position and we should have come away with a TD, but instead, we turned the ball right back over, squandering a golden scoring opportunity. Had we not given the ball away, we were already in field goal range.

The second interception was so late in the half that we didn't really have the time to convert it, so I'm far less hurt by not being able to get points from that one.

Jermon Bushrod sighting at LT for the Saints.
I like and respect Bushrod as a person. But as a player … he's beyond being a NFL caliber OL. Clearly the Saints are scaping the bottom of the barrel if they're relying on Bushrod at LT for their high-octane offense.

I like and respect Bushrod as a person. But as a player … he's beyond being a NFL caliber OL. Clearly the Saints are scaping the bottom of the barrel if they're relying on Bushrod at LT for their high-octane offense.

Terron Armstead is injured. He's been filling in for a few games.

Warning sophomoric comment ahead:

Burke should put his beard on the line. Shave it if the defensive scheme continues to break down.

Back
Top Bottom