Burnett on Trading Block | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Burnett on Trading Block

RWhitney014 said:
Willis is still under club control and won't make more than 2 or 3 million next year. The problem is, A.J. will demand a Pavano-like deal. Sorry, but we can't pay him $10 million per. BTW, I know A.J.'s next-door neighbor, and he told her he expected to be a Yankee because he wants to be with Pavano again. They're best friends. So go figure. There's an off chance he'll be back, say 3-5%. Probably about 20% to the Orioles and 75% to the Yanks.

NY has been burned twice by getting young pitchers from the NL. (Vazquez and Pavano but Pavano hasn't been terrible). I think NY would be hard-pressed to go and spend big bucks on another young NL pitcher.

It is soooooooo much easier pitching in the NL. Making the jump to the AL is very big.

On the other hand guys like Pedro and Roger can go to the NL and look like 25 years old again!

nick1 said:
the Yankees have high standards

The standards aren't that high. We play Tony Womack in CF now and he hasn't played there since high school!!!!!!!!!!!! Those guys BLOW! Stanton especially. Quantril just has a dead arm and needs to retire.

if the Marlins don't trade Burnett then they will be getting a starter added to the bullpen, newcomer Scott Olsen just made his MLB debut and won about five days ago. I think they should add Olsen to the starting rotation and put either Al Leiter or Brain Brian Moehler in the bullpen and they can give a good two or three innings whenever they come in.

well looks like Scott Olsen is our newest bullpen addition, he is currently releiving Beckett

Back
Top Bottom