By Any Means Necessary: For Those Who Want The Dolphins To Have The Highest Draft Pick Possible | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

By Any Means Necessary: For Those Who Want The Dolphins To Have The Highest Draft Pick Possible

finomenal

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Disclaimer: This thread isn't for everyone. It's not a popular opinion, but some of us have been talking about it, so I figured I'd make a thread to track draft positioning. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it. :)

Here's the current standings. I don't have access to tankathon.com at work, so I'm not 100% sure that all the positions are correct due to tiebreakers:
  1. San Francisco 49ers 2-9
  2. Oakland Raiders 2-9
  3. Arizona Cardinals 2-9
  4. New York Jets 3-8
  5. New York Giants 3-8
  6. Jacksonville Jaguars 3-8
  7. Buffalo Bills 4-7
  8. Detroit Lions 4-7
  9. Atlanta Falcons 4-7
  10. Tampa Bay 4-7
  11. Green Bay 4-6
  12. Cincinnati Bengals 5-6
  13. Miami Dolphins 5-6
Here's the rooting guide for week 13 (Teams in the bottom 13 are indicated in bold:

49ers @ Seahawks
Chiefs @ Oakland
Cardinals @ Packers
Jets
@ Titans
Bears @ Giants
Colts @ Jaguars
Buffalo @ Miami

Rams @ Lions
Ravens @ Falcons
Panthers @ Buccaneers
Broncos @ Bengals

I want a high pick too and keep on mind that high pick would be in each round, not just the first round.

I think we will end up around 11 or so, just outside the area when the elite talent is picked as per the norm. I doubt we lose every game from here on out, we are just about good enough to win one or two more, that's not gonna help us at all long term, just like when Moore came in and won those games down the stretch to take us out of the suck for Luck race.

I think we lose the last game of the year in Buffalo, and Pats and Vikings are losses too. Jags could be a different team by week 16 with the QB and OC change. So this Sunday might be our best shot at a win the rest of the way.

I think we lose the last game of the year in Buffalo, and Pats and Vikings are losses too. Jags could be a different team by week 16 with the QB and OC change. So this Sunday might be our best shot at a win the rest of the way.

I think we should root for the 49ers, Cardinals, and Raiders to stay in the 1-3 position. Barring something extraordinary, the Dolphins won't be able to finish in the top 3. Recent history has shown us (Rams, Eagles) that you can trade up to a top 5 pick if you trade enough draft picks.

Trading up to the top 3 is very costly but doable if it's for the right QB. The 49ers and Cardinals already have young QBs. The Raiders might be interested in a QB early, but judging by Gruden's moves this year and the fact that he has a 10 year contract, I could see him trading down to get more picks to build the roster more.

Last edited:
Of course it's best if all teams ahead of us outside of the top 3 continue to win, but the Jets, Giants, Jaguars, and Bucs pose the biggest threat. The Jets are definitely not trading with us, and the other 3 teams need QBs. If any of those teams end up in the top 3, that can create problems.

Miami is trending towards top 10. I think 6-10 or 7-9 is realistic, which might put them around 8th or 9th. It should be an interesting offseason, starting with the decision on Gase and the coaching staff.

The good news is that every team picking ahead of us has a higher SOS. We’re theoretically just one game from the number 7 pick and two games from the number 4 pick

lmao at the Jets, they moved up last year to #3 only to be picking top 5 again.

The good news is that every team picking ahead of us has a higher SOS. We’re theoretically just one game from the number 7 pick and two games from the number 4 pick

Yea a number 3 pick was almost guaranteed if we lost out, lets see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom