Cade McNown | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cade McNown

Status
Not open for further replies.
"like Manning can or Farve,Vick Caulpepper,Brooks,Bledsoe"

That's 6 Qbs. Name 10-15 more. Then you can say Fiedler's arm is below average.

Originally posted by chambers84
Fiedler has a weak arm? Look at all the long TD bombs to Chambers!?!?! Are you people blind?? How about the long PERFECT throw to James McKnight in the Playoff game vs Baltimore that hit McKnight in the damn head in the endzone then was picked off!! Like I said before he doesn't have a great arm, but better than over 1/2 the league!
Thanks for the compliments.:)

Brady, Rob Johnson, Dilfer, Batch, M.McMahon,Chandler, Vinny T., Blake, Warner, Grbac, Banks, Ferotte,Pennington, Driesbach, Brunell.
I see you are focusing on "below average" Look at the whole post.

When he needs to throw the ball consistantly long he rainbows them,he cracks off the nice crisp ropeer now and then but not What? CONSISTANTLY. Argue all you want the proof is on the field every Sunday.

Brady(HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA), Rob Johnson(Maybe, but he still can't stay healthy), Dilfer, Batch(See Tom Brady), M.McMahon(I saw a lot of his balls float),Chandler, Vinny T., Blake, Warner, Grbac(Retired, doesn't count), Banks(You HAVE to be kidding me right?), Ferotte(Maybe if he had some accuracy),Pennington(Pennington is the KING of the floating ball), Driesbach(Who?), Brunell.

I admit, his first year, he did throw a lot more rainbows. The 2nd year, he threw some, but not nearly as many. He worked out hard in the offseason, and it paid off.

I didn't feel good about putting Brady out there either.

Batch and McMahon do have strong arms and I watch Lions games and they do throw alot of long balls.Just because you only have seen a few highlights don't judge them.Mcmahon has a very strong arm.

"Ferotte(Maybe if he had some accuracy" who said accuracay? were talking arm strength here.

"Banks(You HAVE to be kidding me right?)" yes do you watch the game? or just Miami?

"Driesbach(Who?" Back up for the Raiders and Lions and backups are NFL QBs and they count.

"Grbac(Retired, doesn't count)" WHAT! He retired after the season and was a QB during last season witch is what we are talking about.

"Rob Johnson(Maybe, but he still can't stay healthy)", Are you going to make up the rules as we go or What!:lol: Who cares if he can stay healthy what does that have to do with it?

Originally posted by chambers84
Fiedler has a weak arm? Look at all the long TD bombs to Chambers!?!?! Are you people blind?? How about the long PERFECT throw to James McKnight in the Playoff game vs Baltimore that hit McKnight in the damn head in the endzone then was picked off!! Like I said before he doesn't have a great ar,, but better than over 1/2 the league!
I do not consider J Fiedlers arm weak.. it might be average but not every qb can have a cannon like Marino,Elway, and now Manning! If you take a look at the other end of the spectrum -- J George throws a 95 mph fastball just about everytime he decides to let go of the ball,, do you consider him a better qb than Fiedler ?? And that pass in the Playoff game (against the Ravens) that you claim Fiedler under threw to McKnight ,,, you must be blind because McKnight cut his route off too early and didn't even get his head turned around in time to adjust to the ball !!! The onus on that particular play was all on McKnight ...:p :lol: Marino 1983

Originally posted by Marino1983
I do not consider J Fiedlers arm weak.. it might be average but not every qb can have a cannon like Marino,Elway, and now Manning! If you take a look at the other end of the spectrum -- J George throws a 95 mph fastball just about everytime he decides to let go of the ball,, do you consider him a better qb than Fiedler ?? And that pass in the Playoff game (against the Ravens) that you claim Fiedler under threw to McKnight ,,, you must be blind because McKnight cut his route off too early and didn't even get his head turned around in time to adjust to the ball !!! The onus on that particular play was all on McKnight ...:p :lol: Marino 1983
Sorry Chambers84, I should have quoted Hellion:o Marino1983

Originally posted by Hellion
I didn't feel good about putting Brady out there either.

Batch and McMahon do have strong arms and I watch Lions games and they do throw alot of long balls.Just because you only have seen a few highlights don't judge them.Mcmahon has a very strong arm.

"Ferotte(Maybe if he had some accuracy" who said accuracay? were talking arm strength here.

"Banks(You HAVE to be kidding me right?)" yes do you watch the game? or just Miami?

"Driesbach(Who?) Back up for the Raiders and Lions and backups are NFL QBs and they count.

"Grbac(Retired, doesn't count)" WHAT! He retired after the season and was a QB during last season witch is what we are talking about.

"Rob Johnson(Maybe, but he still can't stay healthy)", Are you going to make up the rules as we go or What!:lol: Who cares if he can stay healthy what does that have to do with it?

McMahon's arm isn't that great, but it's not bad either. It's right there with Jay. I saw 2 games (Packers, Bucs) and though he impressed me, his arm strength didn't impress me.

Ferotte has no accuracy on his long ball. 95% of NFL QBs can throw that far like that with no accuracy.

I've watched a few games of Charlie Batch as QB. The only thing he gots going for him is a quick release. His long balls wobble a lot and take more than the usual amount of time to get to their destination.

Driesbach may be true, but since he can't even find a spot on the Lions, he must be friggen terrible at everything else.

I'm talking about QBs who are playing now. Grbac is not one of them.

I was wrong about Rob Johnson yes, but he still is a worse QB than Jay :p

I can name at least 10 QBs that are better than Fiedler (and I won't include people in this year's draft)

1. Brunell
2. McNair
3. Manning
4. Couch
5. Stewart
6. Gannon
7. Griese
8. Flutie (Brees will be better when he starts)
9. McNabb
10. Vick
11. Brooks
12. Favre
13. Culpepper
14. Garcia
15. Warner

This is excluding players like Hutchensin, Carr, and Harrington who will be better and also Dilfer who is as good as Fiedler.

Originally posted by Hellion

Ok here we go.
I said he had an average to below average arm not a WEAK arm so the only one who is blind is you, or maybe you just can't read.Fiedler consistantly can throw darts 20 to 30 yards but anything past that his balls rainbow, yes he can throw a couple on a rope longer but not CONSISTANTLY. Not like Manning can or Farve,Vick Caulpepper,Brooks,Bledsoe,,,,,those QBs can consistantly throw it deep on a rope, I'm not saying it makes them better than Jay or that Jay is a poor QB, and YES people do under estamate his arm, but those people think he has a weak arm, I do not! AVERAGE NFL QBs arm, I wish I had an average NFL QBs arm.
There have been some NFL QBs that have been tagged with the label of average arm, guys like Joe Montana,Joe Thiesman,Bob Griese,Fran Tarkaten(sp?), and I'm sure I'm missing a few.
I have been a supporter of Jay's from the day he took his first snap with Miami and I am by no meens insulting his abilities, but I'm not gonna say he has an ABOVE average NFL arm when I know he dosen't.
Yes he can throw a long ball, but IF the Fins were down by a large amount of points you're not going to see Fiedler magically start throwing darts like a Marino or Favre of 40+ yards on consistant basis to get them back in the game.
People under estamate Fiedler,there's no doubt about it, but don't make his arm out to be something it's not.
I'll take an intellegent mobile QB with an average arm over the Jim Druckenmillers of the world any day of the week.

The reason I'm quoting myself is I get the feeling that people here think I'm anti-Fiedler when infact I am not.WHERE in this post above do I say Fiedler has a weak arm? WHERE does it say I think he's a bad QB?

Marino1983 I'm not sure if that question in your last post was meant for me but I'll give my opinion anyways,,NO I do not think because J.George has a stronger arm do I think he is a better QB.Not even close.

Average is not a bad thing here folks.
Fiedler does not have a weak arm but he doesn't have a overly strong arm (Manning,Favre, Vick) either.

What I was saying in my first post in this thread was Average to below average arm strength,, I should have said depending on various opinions of his arm strength.
I tried not to start yet another Fiedler arm arguement but instead I did, and belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve me when I say I am sorry.

:(

I don't think his arm is too weak and I don't think it's overly strong,,,,,It's JUUUUUUST RIIIIIIIIGHT!AVERAGE BETWEEN THE TWO. :D

NOW GET OFF MY BACK!!!! :yell: :fire:
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom