Cade McNown | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cade McNown

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually ice, i have to disagree about mcnair. he has carried alot of hype since entering the league and hasnt really backed it up...dont wanna hear about '99, at least 10 other qb's(including jay) could've carried that tennessee team to the SB...jay gets ALOT of flack, but let me throw this stat out there:
2000(keeping in mind, this was fiedlers 1st season as a dolphin and mcnairs 5th or 6th with hou/tenn):
fiedler- 2400+ yards 14 td 14 int
mcnair- 2600+ yards 16 td 12 int
yeah, the #'s are better, but not by much. as for the rest of your list, some are better(favre, warner), some arent. kordell? you're kidding right?
ps- can someone refresh my memory as to who brooks is? im not not ripping, i really forgot(havent watched a game in like 3 months)

yeah, the #'s are better, but not by much.

This thread isn't about how good Jay is as qb, but rahter his arm strength. Jay actully has a very solid arm, but is scared to use it. Let me expalin. As he as shown with passes like the one to Mcknight against Baltimore he can zip the ball in there from 30 yards out, the problem is with his coonfidence of his arm. He has had troubles with accuracy when he gets alot of zip on passes, mainly his screen passes to the opposite sideline. This causes him to telegraph balls; thus, the rainbows that i see in my night mares. He also double cluthces to much before big throws(the sideline int against the Seahawks) taking away all of the mustard off the pass(if you ever were a qb you would know this to be true). His last problem is his size, he over compensates for his lack of a 6''5 frame when throwing passes over the middle of the feild(see either int that a Raider returned for a td) again causeing that horrible rainbow pass. These are all things that young qbs do, but correct with time. Well Marino and Elaway didn't have these problems due to cannons as right arms, but the fact is they represent about 1% of the qbs, the rest all have these problems. If you watch games over the past 2 years you realize the frequency of Jay making these mistakes are decreasing at a rapid rate, the only problem is when Jay works thru his inexpeirence he will be 30-31 years old, while most other qbs get past by 25-26.

Originally posted by chambers84
I think you need a hug. LOL!

:lol: thanks chambers84 but it's late I gotta work in the morning so I'll pop in tomorrow or should I say tonight.

Originally posted by Dajesus
This thread isn't about how good Jay is as qb, but rahter his arm strength. Jay actully has a very solid arm, but is scared to use it. Let me expalin. As he as shown with passes like the one to Mcknight against Baltimore he can zip the ball in there from 30 yards out, the problem is with his coonfidence of his arm. He has had troubles with accuracy when he gets alot of zip on passes, mainly his screen passes to the opposite sideline. This causes him to telegraph balls; thus, the rainbows that i see in my night mares. He also double cluthces to much before big throws(the sideline int against the Seahawks) taking away all of the mustard off the pass(if you ever were a qb you would know this to be true). His last problem is his size, he over compensates for his lack of a 6''5 frame when throwing passes over the middle of the feild(see either int that a Raider returned for a td) again causeing that horrible rainbow pass. These are all things that young qbs do, but correct with time. Well Marino and Elaway didn't have these problems due to cannons as right arms, but the fact is they represent about 1% of the qbs, the rest all have these problems. If you watch games over the past 2 years you realize the frequency of Jay making these mistakes are decreasing at a rapid rate, the only problem is when Jay works thru his inexpeirence he will be 30-31 years old, while most other qbs get past by 25-26.

I can agree with that Dajesus.

Dolfan984 you said you watches a couple of games with Batch and McMahon.
Batches balls wobble because he throwing under pressure most the time.
I've seen McMahon throw a 40+yrd dart on the run more than a few times, trust me this kid has an arm. If the Fins don't kill him on opening day you'll see his arm.:lol:

1. Brunell - Not by much
2. McNair - Not by much
3. Manning - Agreed
4. Couch -Not by much
5. Stewart - HAHAHA, no way.
6. Gannon - He's overrated and has a poor arm. I'd take Jay for our team.
7. Griese -He sure hasn't showed it.
8. Flutie (Brees will be better when he starts) - Maybe 5 years ago. You want a guy with INT problems? Go to him.
9. McNabb - Agreed
10. Vick -In 1 or two years yes.
11. Brooks -Had him as my FF QB. Jay was my backup. Ended up using Jay later. Brooks folds under pressure.
12. Favre -Agreed
13. Culpepper -One year wonder
14. Garcia -Agreed
15. Warner - Agreed

Culpepper is NOT a 1 YEAR wonder. I totaly disagree! Culpepper is a physical speciman for a QB. That's all I'm going to say about Daunte Culpepper because I could write a book about the man and don't feel like it write now!

Agreed. Culpepper is the man. He is very young and is still learning. He has all the tools and has demonstarted that he knows how to use them. Tell me one GM that wouldn't take Culpepper onto his team and I'll show you one jobless GM!

I saw something a bit back that said Hutchinson will be better than Fiedler soon. How can you really say that? Hutchenson has a good arm, isn't very mobile and just spent however many years on the diamond(Where his fault was accuracy; diff sport i know) Don't let the hype fool you. He could become a good QB, but I feel Dallas overpaid him.

wow hey have any of you guys thrown a foot ball before ? you dont always "throw it on a rope " when you go deep ...many times the coverage calls for a fade where the ball "drops in " form the top ...I think thats the reason that jay throws some deep balls that way ...granted not very accurately..lol...His arm strength improved dramatically last year and i also believe he has a very strong arm when moving ! anyone agree?

Griese was better the last two seasons, and during the last one he had 1 WR the whole entire year. Gannon rarely gets intercepted. Stewart was better last season.

I have the NFL sunday ticket thing and I watched every Raider game last year. I will agree that Rich Gannon is a very good QB and perfect for the system they had last year, but to say that he has a strong arm is a joke. He has one of the weakest arms of a starting QB in the league. The raiders master the dink two pass last year, they were successful becasue they had guys who could get yards after catching the ball. Tim Brown was not a deep threat. Jerry Rice was the only guy (other than occasionally to Jerry Porter) who they would ever throw deep to. Last year the Raider deep pass went twelve yards in the air. It most of driven Al Davis crazy!

I never said Gannon had a strong arm, I said he had a very accurate arm and rarely gets intercepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom