Calvin Ridley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Calvin Ridley

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
The Falcons may be in rebuilding mode next off season if things go south again this year.

If Chase, Waddle and Smith are gone by our 1st pick, would you trade for him? I'd give up a mid first for him, no problem.

The Falcons may be in rebuilding mode next off season if things go south again this year.

If Chase, Waddle and Smith are gone by our 1st pick, would you trade for him? I'd give up a mid first for him, no problem.

So much depends on how Parker and Williams look. If they look like pair of legit no. 1 type wrs I'm not sure you need to invest a 1st round pick on a number 3 receiver. If Parker and Williams look as we all hope they do I hope would be ok with a young Kenny Stills type receiver for the 3rd receiver role and you can get that as 2nd or 3rd round pick or 2nd tier free agent.

Last edited:
If those two continue their growth and continue where they left off, I think you would benefit by adding a straight line burner type and that can be had in the mid-rounds. Not quite polished in the route running dept, but can just flat out get up and go. 4.3 type. Now that's "if". Ask again towards the end of the season...

Unless we are seeing the Texans in the AFC championship, I don't see how either of those picks can't be close enough to trade up for J Chase. If Tua blooms for us, we HAVE to secure talent at the position and barring injury Chase is a can't miss prospect.

Unless we are seeing the Texans in the AFC championship, I don't see how either of those picks can't be close enough to trade up for J Chase. If Tua blooms for us, we HAVE to secure talent at the position and barring injury Chase is a can't miss prospect.

Unfortunately... there is no such thing as a 'can't miss prospect'.

Draft after draft has proven this...

Now, some come with less risk than others.

Unfortunately... there is no such thing as a 'can't miss prospect'.

Draft after draft has proven this...

Now, some come with less risk than others.

fair enough. but Ja'Marr Chase is considered to be the cleanest WR prospect by many since A.J. Green and Julio Jones back in '11.

fair enough. but Ja'Marr Chase is considered to be the cleanest WR prospect by many since A.J. Green and Julio Jones back in '11.

I'd much rather have a pass rusher than a receiver... but in the long run, it is much too early to project what positions we'll need next year until we see how our current players do.

Hell... nobody really thought Preston Williams was going to look as solid as he did. If he comes back healthy, and takes another step forward... we'd be foolish to invest a high pick in an area where we already have young, signed players.

Maybe we'll strike gold with one of the young DEs... I doubt it, but hey... I doubted Williams too.

I'd much rather have a pass rusher than a receiver... but in the long run, it is much too early to project what positions we'll need next year until we see how our current players do.

Hell... nobody really thought Preston Williams was going to look as solid as he did. If he comes back healthy, and takes another step forward... we'd be foolish to invest a high pick in an area where we already have young, signed players.

Maybe we'll strike gold with one of the young DEs... I doubt it, but hey... I doubted Williams too.

agreed on the positional value of pass rusher over wide receiver. and you're right that there might not be a need for a wide receiver this high for us in 2021. it's hard to project these things. i'm just saying, from a prospect/talent standpoint alone, it doesn't get much better - if at all - than Ja'Marr Chase in 2021.

Chase looks to be an elite prospect. Waddle and Smith look to be good prospects too, but those are not the only 3, and in fact there are 6 WR I think are very good prospects. Here they are in my order

JaMarr Chase - LSU
Rondale Moore - Purdue
Jaylen Waddle - Alabama
Rashod Bateman - Minnesota
Justyn Ross - Clemson
Devonta Smith - Alabama

Obviously things can change in the next year, but those 6 look to be very good prospects

Last edited:

No freaking way. Ridley is a lower level number two receiver. I would never trade a first round pick for that level of player.

This is a random thread. if Falcons were rebuilding then why they give up a young WR like Ridley, shouldn't the conversation be more about Julio Jones since that would make more sense?

Or is it just because Tua and Calvin played in like 2 or 3 games together at Alabama.

Last edited:
If those two continue their growth and continue where they left off, I think you would benefit by adding a straight line burner type and that can be had in the mid-rounds. Not quite polished in the route running dept, but can just flat out get up and go. 4.3 type. Now that's "if". Ask again towards the end of the season...
We already have several of those on our roster. Grant and Merrit are sub 4.4 guys, and Jennings and Wilson are right at 4.4. Merritt is loaded with athletic talent and is the guy who intrigues me the most out of the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom