Cam Smith situation explained? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Smith situation explained?

All true. Kader didn't work well with Fangio defensive philosophy. I don't know but it wasn't good

Two things really bothered me with him.

1) He rarely seem to use his hands to disrupt the receivers timing etc. He much rather just run with the player which brings

2) How many times did he jog along with the receiver gaining yards before he realizes I shout probably try to tackle or push this player out of bounds instead of allowing them to gain more yards?

Interesting Fever. I didn't realize how bad of a cb class that was? I don't pay attention enough. Lol
I did a post on this awhile back... listed each of them and where they are now. It was dreadful... just a disastrous class of CBs.

...and yet, there are a ton of anti-Grier guys who want to rate our entire draft by that one bust. ...and the rest of that draft has been pretty damned good.

Kader? Yikes! I wasn’t as high on him as some were based off the previous year. He got picked on the entire season.

Hope they give the Bonner(sp?) kid a real shot in the offseason.

Who the heck know with Cam?
Kader was really good in the slot last year. He was not good on the boundary. Either getting beat or grabbing out of fear of getting beat and not getting his head around. Did not look more comfortable out there this year either. What happened to Needham this year? He didn’t get much run. Not the same guy after the injury?

I did a post on this awhile back... listed each of them and where they are now. It was dreadful... just a disastrous class of CBs.

...and yet, there are a ton of anti-Grier guys who want to rate our entire draft by that one bust. ...and the rest of that draft has been pretty damned good.
I'm fine with Grier honestly. Not every pick is going to pan out. Also its a group effort by staff.. scouts.. etc.

When judging Needham... remember his career trajectory.
After his first year, all of the board loudmouths were screaming, "CUT HIM"... Then in his second year, he was markedly better.
The board loud-mouths screamed... he's just a guy... replace him!!!
And again... Needham got better. Indeed, a lot better and most of us wondered if he'd leave as a FA.
Remember this?

But then... he tore his Achilles... and a lot of players are never the same after this. Those that are... sometimes take two full years to get back to where they were.

He is (or was) a scrappy slot corner who wasn't suited to boundary work. He may be better next year... may.

Which brings us to Phillips.... ugh.

Seems to be a recurring theme around here with this staff in sitting out rookies.

Basically, we wasted 1 year of service, in games, on a rookie contract, not using him, when we had a need for his youth, athleticism and talent.

I would hope that this is not the standard with this staff. This is 2 years in a row, with a player in a position of need, not getting game reps and development. I can't imagine that this concept is very good for young players psyche or confidence.

Hope it pans out because we really could have used a young athletic LB and CB these past 2 seasons.

Hope he uses the off-season to build confidence and skillset to come in and make an impact this upcoming year.

I usually take to the Parcells quote, "if they don't bark as pups, they will never bark." Hope this isn't the case.

I would happily have sat and learned from the Vets and done **** all else for half the salary tbf!

So far he is a bust just like Channing Tindall. 2nd round picks should be able to contribute right away and if they can't then it was the wrong pick.
I get where your coming from Ryan. Cb is tough transition from college to pro. Some can adapt immediately. Some need to work on nuances of playing that position.

Back
Top Bottom