Cam Wake... Hall of Fame? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cam Wake... Hall of Fame?

He deserves it based on his story alone. He’s give. Everything to the sport.

But, I think he needs 120+ sacks to get in. I hope I’m wrong, absolute one of my all time favourites.

I seem to be the only one so far but I think he’s a lock. He’s one of the best pure pass rushers to ever play the game. While it may not count for much, 37 sacks in two years in Canada means something. Overcoming all the adversity early on, late start and still will likely retire w between 110-125 sacks - to be me it’s a no brained. I don’t care about the lack of rings. That may apply to QBs more than other players (stupid criteria). Just like not being drafted or suffering a blow Achilles didn’t stop him, they won’t be able to keep him out of the Hall. The walk off safety on Dalton will be one of the main highlights they show in his career highlight reel. The man took over games at times / won games w such dominant performances. He’s better than a lot of DLs already in - eg, Cortez Kennedy comes immediately to mind.

If he played on a winning team? Very possible. But years starring on putrid Dolphins teams will kill his chances

I like Wake a lot but i don't think he will ever end up in Canton.
Some others here have mention lack of playoff games etc. And that would be unfortunately the main reason for him not to getting in.

Wish him all the succes with the Titans.

If Wake had played on better teams, or in a bigger media market, he would at least be in consideration.

Personally, although I typically do not root for players once they leave the Dolphins, I am absolutely rooting for him to pull in 2-3 more productive seasons and make it into that conversation. The guy's a phenomenal story, a great football player, and a really inspiring individual. He's not the only guy who has made a comeback into football, but his insane personal training / diet regimen is a testament to human willpower.

If Wake stays healthy he might get 20 sacks this year under Vrabel. That won’t hurt the cause.

If he played on a decent team it would be a lock. He will get in eventually. Most holding penalties in NFL history lol.

Back
Top Bottom