Camp Report 6/16/03 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Camp Report 6/16/03

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Thanks. It pisses me right off that fans still boo Jay. When will they learn that the man has steel skin??? And cheered for Brian on short passes? God....

You will always have some melon heads out there!:bry:

I think it is easy to see how controvery gets started. None of the fans want it, but the fans are the guilty parties.

Here is a scoop for everyone, ITS JUST A QB SCHOOL!

Keep it real.

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
hey Dude, thanks for picking that up, that i am getting blasted now about reporting my observances....

I just want you to know that my views are not skewed whatsoever....

I'll admit im a fiedler supporter, and the people that are ripping me say that i support fiedler in my writing...ill say it again...neither really impressed me, one wasnt better than the other today, and thats what i observed, , and if i liked fiedler so much i wouldnt have a dozen pics of griese in my picture collection today, i dont take a pen and paper with me and take notes on every single thing that has happened, this isnt a class, i just do this cause i want to inform people, im not trying to persuade anyone....

If you want to know my opinion, you really will know that its an opinion....today iwrote all fact, cause its what i observed....

I don't think anyone was blasting you as a Fielder supporter, Hell, I'm a Jay supporter myself..the response here was more to the accuracy of your reports, ensuring their paintakingly unbais..because you have both supporters and nonsupporters of different players to report to, which makes it somewhat hard if you write biasly..not saying that you did. I'm thankful that you took the time to write a report and I think I can earnestly speak for everyone here, that they're glad you did too..Like I stated before we depend on you writing and seeing for us..We all have something that we'll interested in seeing in camp..and generally we're bias to our opinions..I'd like to know how the new receivers are doing, is ricky running like he ended last, etc. etc...and I'm sure each person has something they'd be interested in..We had incidents where we were confused last year because of how something got reported, giving us a false sense of what was going on..so when someone points out something that did or didn't happen, the rest of us who wasn't there, try to get clarification..don't take it personally..It's not meant to be..especially CK, he definetly will ask if somethings missing or reported differently than the way he got it from other sources..I will too. and a few others, but it's not meant as jumping on you, but clarification..Keep reporting, we will continue to hang on your every word..if you miss something, you now know it will be filled in...Thank you for the good work and keep on keepin on...Peace :D

Originally posted by FFiB

First of, I was there..ask Ozzyyyy...
Secondly I suck in reports....I leave that up to Ozzy. Only time I would write a report is if I know for sure that no Ozzy was there..lmao.
...and finally I heard one guy. he was in the corner with a couple others. Ozzy has been there several times this year so he knows those guys. I don't know if the same guy screamed or his buddies joined in...so sue me.

One thing I know is: the crowd didn't boo - as was implied ("he got booed").

At least I gave an unbiased QB report....should count for something..
Ha! That's funny.
No, I didn't doubt you being there, I was just realizing you WERE there and didn't report anything... :D
Even if you don't think you report well, it's great to get a second opinion. (BTW: I've seen your posts on other boards and you know the Fins could definately provide insight...) Like on this thing, you 2 sat right next to each other and got slightly different views of the crowd.

So if we change booed to heckled is everyone happy?
"Every time Fiedler didnt connect downfield, he was heckled" all agree? :lol:

Don't forget we all root for the same team!

Originally posted by Dude
Just saw this in On Herald.com:

'A group of approximately 100 fans watched most of practice and chanted Griese's name from time to time, but the first day was otherwise uneventful and there was little hint of any potential controversy.'

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/6101931.htm

That group was the four guys I refered too, with maybe one or three more in with them ONCE!

There is one guy who I have seen at quite a lot of this years practices. At the last Qb school he was yelling that Griese was coming soon.

This time he had two other friends. And they, along with one guy directly in front of me were doing ALL the heckling. BTW all of them had big mouths.

Usually the morons are the ones who are the loudest,me i could care less who is starting as long as we are still playing late in january

Originally posted by Oliver

Yeah the Herald wouldn't stretch the truth! :D

Oliver...

Yeah, they make it sound like a small riot.

I think we beat this horse dead.

There are no evil-doers here...

:friday:

Originally posted by Dude
I think we beat this horse dead.

There are no evil-doers here...

:friday:

Speak for yourself! :D

Oliver...

Originally posted by Ozzy
There is one guy who I have seen at quite a lot of this years practices. At the last Qb school he was yelling that Griese was coming soon.

This time he had two other friends. And they, along with one guy directly in front of me were doing ALL the heckling. BTW all of them had big mouths.

I think I know exactly who you're talking about. I actually walked back to the parking garage with that guy. We parked next to each other. He says he goes all the time and yells things to stir crap up and make a scene. This guy also talks it up to the players when they're signing autographs. He kept pushing Tolver about Griese. He was one of the guys (with his two friends) who'd hammer T-Buck w/ "TOAST" back in the first stint.

Same guy??

Last edited by a moderator:
My oh my, is only the first practice for these 2 guys together and look what's happening here already. I miss Dan like anyone else, but I also miss him cos I'm sick and tired of everyone thinking that this is a debate about who's right and who's wrong about who should or shouldn't start at QB. Like many others here, I wish I could be there so I could create my own opinion on this matter. But in the end, it doesn't really matter cos Wanny will decide who starts and who plays when. So to all you people, chill out...lol

Ozzy rules!!!

Okay, let me be a contrarian here. Why are we criticizing bias in the reports? Those who are doing so don't seem to realize that there will be bias in every single report no matter who gives it or how much you like the guy doing the reporting!

In some instances the bias may be far more subtle than others, but there will be bias, regardless. Anyone who thinks they've read an unbiased report on this board is simply being naive. I don't mean that in a spiteful way, it's just reality.

Take all the reports with a grain of salt and thank those who are doing the reporting. The criticism is naive.

I know some of you who are criticizing won't like that comment but I offer it without animosity.

Back
Top Bottom