Can any of you explain why you hate on Coyle so much? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can any of you explain why you hate on Coyle so much?

My issues with the defense are philosophical as opposed to just the performance over the last 6 games. I believe we have to have a better plan of pressuring opposing QB's and it is infuriating to watch us just rush 3 guys and have the QB with tons of time to pick us apart. It happened time and time again in big games. Additionally, with a weakened secondary, anything over two or three seconds and we are going to get toasted. Our guys can't stay with it any longer than that.

I'm not sure if it is personnel, scheme, talent or injuries....or a combination of all of them...but it needs to be fixed. For as much PR as our d-line gets....they seemed to disappear at critical times throughout the year.

If Coyle can fix it....no need to fire him, just get it fixed. If he can't, bring in someone who can.

We had an outstanding defense up to the Lions game and it went downhill from there. Coyle has proven he can do it very effectively at times......need to now do it for an entire season.

I'm not surprised the op would put this out given how much he kept pimping our defense while the writing was on the wall

great post...cant blame coyle or coaches for terrible tackling, getting manhandled at the LOS, injuries, lack of depth, constantly playing from behind etc etc...
MY CHIEF COMPLAINT IS THAT HE DIDN'T ADJUST THE SCHEMES OF OUR D TO SUIT THE PLAYERS STRENGTHS/ABILITIES...
they touted this "hybrid" D when in reality we were a 4-3 team most of the year until we were out of contention for the playoffs...
he is just a scapegoat for lack of leadership at the owner level, then the coach is a whole other story

He is partly to blame. But not all of it blamed on him. As Coach Philbin needs to take the heat by hiring him.

Geno Smith 158.3 pass rating - any respectable DC would fire himself at that point to save Coach the trouble.

...they touted this "hybrid" D when in reality we were a 4-3 team

If we ran our defense off of any other base form then we'd really have problems. 4-3 fits our personnel. Plain and simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Initial game plan is usually effective until opponents make adjustments. Then he cant seem to counter those adjustments.

I find it interesting that we're 11-12 in games decided by 1-7 points and 12-13 in games decided by 8 or more. While the Seahawks under Wilson are 13-11 in games decided by 1-7 points and a staggering 23-1 in games decided by 8 or more. And consider this: Tannehill only has 5 game winning drives to Wilson's 12.

If Tannehill was as clutch as Wilson in the close games we'd have a very similar record, maybe even better. But what the hell is up with them being so dominant in blowouts? We are 6-9, or 40% in games decided by 15 or more. They are 17-0...

Here's your first mistake:

While the Seahawks under Wilson are

It should read, "While the Seahawks under Carroll are..."

Once you can grasp this concept, then we can move on and have a valid discussion.

Here's your first mistake:

It should read, "While the Seahawks under Carroll are..."

Once you can grasp this concept, then we can move on and have a valid discussion.

Well, Carroll has been there longer than Wilson, so it could get confusing. That is why I said what I said.

Well, Carroll has been there longer than Wilson, so it could get confusing. That is why I said what I said.

Additional descriptions are useful in clarifying such things. An example could be, but is not limited to, 'since 2011,'. I try and say that with out hinting sarcasm, but let's not kid ourselves here when addressing your obtuse agenda.

If we ran our defense off of any other base form then we'd really have problems. 4-3 fits our personnel. Plain and simple.

I do mostly agree with this argument..i was just pointing out that our D was touted as being flexible and yada yada when we really werent...
i think it alllll boils down to our incompetent owner..starts at the top and goes down...this is gonna be a longggggg offseason

I hate the fact that none of our players can MAKE A TACKLE! Is that on coaching or do all our players just suck at tackling? I don't know.

The defense doesnt need a new dc as much as it needs better lbs and corners. If we had a good corner opposite grimes all year long and another jenkins on the other side instead of wheeler this defense wouldve been number 1. The issues started when delmas went down it seems. At least that was the thing I noticed had the biggest impact. The d-line dropped off big about mid season (4th quarter @ denver to be exact) but when delmas went down it really started falling apart. Then finnegan was hurt and suddenly we had jimmy wilson starting. Total derailment. What do yiy expect though when you start the season with 3 guys in the secondary with injury history and past their primes. Delmas, finnegan AND grimes all came here on prove it contracts. That's a dangerous game they were playing and they lost.

I do mostly agree with this argument..i was just pointing out that our D was touted as being flexible and yada yada when we really werent...
i think it alllll boils down to our incompetent owner..starts at the top and goes down...this is gonna be a longggggg offseason

This years defense was extremely flexible!! They bent to let offenses do whatever they wanted every game! Lol. Seriously though. We have been trying to find hybrid players on the dline like odrick but we are just coming up with undersized guys that get pushed around in the run game. **** that we need to draft a mccoy type dt.

Back
Top Bottom