Can anyone remember............ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can anyone remember............

BeatCrazy2

FanFromBirth
Reaction score
Gadsen getting 6 or more catches or over 100 yards receiving? I can't. Maybe he has but I honestly don't think I've seen it happen. Why do people think he will help our team so much? Because he makes an occasional "excellent catch" ? He is a wide receiver in the NFL, He's supposed to make those. I'm not going to go over the same things that have already been said about him and his agent(just more reasons to not sign him) but I just don't think he's worth keeping around.

If anyone knows , I'm curious to know what his career bests are in a single game.

Sorry if your sick of hearing about Orandgay for the last two months. I'm just wondering why some are so supportive.:confused:

Because he is clutch. Noone ever said he was a stat guy. He is clutch...he mkaes the 1st down grabs...he makes the one handed catches...he keeps our drives alive.

If he is so CLUTCH, then where was he at for our last three games of the season when we needed him most? Oh yeah, the jackas$ opted to get surgery so he would be ready for free agency and he could leave. Then leave you loser!

Oh yeah, I forgot, If he is sooooooo CLUTCH, then why doesn't anybody else want him? Because what he does can easily be done by many, many , many other receivers.

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2
Oh yeah, I forgot, If he is sooooooo CLUTCH, then why doesn't anybody else want him? Because what he does can easily be done by many, many , many other receivers.

Your initial post was not asking about the future or the present, it was referring to the past. He has been an awesome clutch receiver for the Phins. He has 3x size hands and has caught numerous 11 yd passes that have kept the drives going.

He isn't speedy, nor is he flashy, but he can jump, and he can catch.

He has done a lot for this team, and you completely ignoring it.

Becuase other teams don't need him. The way we use him is why he does what he does. The possesion guy who gets the first downs. Carter was our clutch guy the last three games and he did not do what he should have. OG is our clutch guy, he makes the hard grabs. Yes he is outdone by many WRs but he is the cheapest we can afford especially for his skill.

He has 3x size hands and has caught numerous 11 yd passes that have kept the drives going.

SO WHAT ! That could very easily be because Fiedler threw an excellent pass or an excellent play was called. You don't keep guys that do what he has done this offseason because of 11 yard receptions twice a game.

And if you are so concerned about my original post , then why did you not answer any of the questions or prove that he is so worthy?

If anyone knows , I'm curious to know what his career bests are in a single game.

And even if he did make any clutch plays in the past, He is coming off of wrist surgery(seems to be an important body part for a WR who depends on his hands) and he is getting older and slower(if possible) .
I'm sure these are all things that other teams realized when they considered signing him. I understand that you like him , but this is a business, signing him would just not make sense with younger guys behind him waiting for a chance to shine.

Clutch receivers are the most overrated if you ask me. It is really not that hard to be considered that. They are available all over. Now possession is different. It is what Oronde was in his best season, he could do it all after the catch. Now he just tumbles over.

To get you into that clutch situation you need real receivers. Whether fast or possession. It is about producing....

Off the top of my head, I remember him getting 113 yards on a bunch of catches at Buffalo in 2001. He made an afternoon out of schooling Nate Clements.

But I'll go look at some numbers.....

Younger guys won't be anywhere as good as him this year....maybe in a couple of years but not this year because they do not have experience and have not played with Jay as much and have not known the system as much. We don't desperately need OG but we need him. Our younger guys are nothing special....maybe they will be in a few years but not now...and we are trying to win NOW.

What did OG do that pissed off so many people? From what I remember the guy has caught amazing passes, good in the redzone/3rd down, and even made catches to prevent Fiedlers INT's.

You all remember the one handed grab last year before he got hurt. Would have went right into the DB's hands.

Yeah that catch kept our drive alive. OG should be being praised not yelled at.

Here's the 100 yard games

'98
Week 17 - ATL, 9 rec - 153 yds

'99
Week 5 - IND, 4 rec - 123 yds TD
Week 13 - IND, 6 rec - 103 yds
Week 17 - WAS, 9 rec - 114 yds TD

'00
Week 8 - NYJ, 7 rec - 119 yds

'01
Week 5 - CAR, 5 rec - 102 yds
Week 11 - BUF, 8 rec - 118 yds

Hey Beatcrazy, you are wrong.

First of all, Chambers is the go to guy for stats. Most teams don't have big stats on two recievers, especially if they have a RB like Ricky. When RW is running for 1800 yards a season you aren't going to have WRs with those stats even if you have Jerry Rice!!Especially if you have aconservative QB and Coach.

Gadsden has been a consistent contributor since he got here. He has made many big plays, and a few out of this world one handed catches.
Many leaping TD catches and has been a good receiver. The probelm is he thinks he has been a GREAT reciever and wants money that not only Miami, but anyone else thinks is reasonable. I can't blame the guy for trying. Brock Marion went through this too.

If you just want to open a thread and bash Gadsden do it. You don't have to hide behind asking what his productivity is.

Back
Top Bottom