Can anyone remember............ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can anyone remember............

Younger guys won't be anywhere as good as him this year

Thats your opinion, but I disagree. Younger players are hungrier and are just aching to come out there and produce and make a name for themselves. Orande thinks he sooo good and deserves all this money and that we treat him so badly. I'm sure he wishes he'd taken our original offer now. WR is a position in this league where a young guy can come in and make plays right away. As long as they have the intellingence to understand the system, they can be just as good or better than gadsen.

Receivers don't have to necessarily put up statistics to be good. O.G. carries some of the same qualities O.J. McDuffie did. He'll make that 3rd down catch for you when you need it. If it comes down to a third down to win the game I trust Gadsden a hell of alot more than I do James McKnight. Bring him back and let him fight for playing time.

6 Or More Catches

He has 9 games with 6 or more catches. But I think you're missing the point. OG will not be a starter this year without injury. And that's pretty damn good insurance.

And because he won't be a starter, he'll more likely be a 3rd down guy. And that's where he excels. If you look at OG's early years game-by-game (when was a spot starter and 3rd down guy), you'll see a lot of 2-53, 2-47, 3-68, 4-83 type games.

This is what we want. And this is where he'll be used. A clutch veteran in those situations is the best you can ask for.

First of all , thank you muck for those stats, thats way more than I thought he'd done.

Hey Beatcrazy, you are wrong.

First of all, Chambers is the go to guy for stats. Most teams don't have big stats on two recievers, especially if they have a RB like Ricky. When RW is running for 1800 yards a season you aren't going to have WRs with those stats even if you have Jerry Rice!!Especially if you have aconservative QB and Coach.

Gadsden has been a consistent contributor since he got here. He has made many big plays, and a few out of this world one handed catches.
Many leaping TD catches and has been a good receiver. The probelm is he thinks he has been a GREAT reciever and wants money that not only Miami, but anyone else thinks is reasonable. I can't blame the guy for trying. Brock Marion went through this too.

If you just want to open a thread and bash Gadsden do it. You don't have to hide behind asking what his productivity is.

If I wanted to start a Gadsen bashing thread , I would have done it . I could care less about people like you responding with nonsense or not responding at all. I started the thread for the exact reason I stated.
I'm just wondering why some are so supportive.

Why do people think he will help our team so much?

If anyone knows , I'm curious to know what his career bests are in a single game.

Did you read those or just start blurting things out without thinking?

I never said that Gadsen has not contributed to the dolphins team. He definetly has. What I'm saying is that he is slow , and getting old and acted like a pouting little boy in the offseason . And he actually considered going to the jets or patriots if I'm not mistaken. This , along with the fact that I've heard good things about Thompson and Tolver and the rest of the young guys, leads me to believe that Gadsen should not be a dolphin next year. Thats it , thats my point!

Gadsden asked for an extension because he needed some insurance in case he hurt his wrist further while playing..if he played with that injury and it got hit akwardly, he couldve been waived after the season, and his career wouldve been over, OG wasnt being so greedy by asking for that request....

I like Oronde, and he doesnt always fall over after he makes the catch, and when he does make it, its harder for DBs to bring him down...

You dont really know how he will perform this year if he even makes the team, so hold your criticism until you see what this guy still has left in the tank.

1) I am supportive because I have seen him make some very important catches over the years, and I think he would be a very valuable back-up in important situations (ie 3rd downs and goalline situations).

2) I think he will help us by the above reasons, and also because I think having him in camp will bring the best out of the receivers competing for a job. I think he is a bargain at $530,000 and considering the fact that the Dolphins have not budged on their offer, I don't think he is an automatic to make it, even if he does sign.

3) The stats have already been covered.

In closing I'll just say that I wouldn't mind seeing OG back on the team, but my heart won't be broken if he's not. I think he brings some good things to the table that would be beneficial to a team so close to something special, but I think our other receivers are probably capable. The one way I think he could really help would be almost as a decoy.....since he is so good in redzone and goalline situations, when he comes into the game, who is going to get the ball? If the defense commits to one of our better receivers, OG will be one-on-one, which is certainly favorable for us, and if they actually double-team him, then someone else will be open. Seems like a good situation for us.

For those of you that think if he makes the team, it will be in a back up role, do you think he will accept that? I really have no idea , I'm just asking. He seems to be liked by his teammates so he must be somewhat of a nice guy, but will he really mentally be able to handle being the fourth or fifth receiver. And if he is that fourth or fifth, Will he pout and give a randy mosslike effort. He may or may not, I guess all we can do is wait and see . IMO He's not worth the risk

If he is so CLUTCH, then where was he at for our last three games of the season when we needed him most? Oh yeah, the jackas$ opted to get surgery so he would be ready for free agency and he could leave. Then leave you loser!

Gee I can't imagine why I thought you were trying to bash Gadsden in this thread.

As you can see I do read EVERYTHING, and I let nothing slip.

Mean what you say and say what you mean.

The defense rests.:tongue: :tongue:

Because I bashed him sometime during the post, doesn't mean I tried to trick anyone into reading my post. (which is what you said)

I meant everything I said.

Keep resting!

I don't think its likely that Miami will carry 5 wr that don't contribute on special teams. If I'm right then OG's only chance to make the team (other than injury) is if Tolver flops.

Beatcrazy -

Why are you so against signing Gadsden? It would NOT be a bad thing if he signed for the league minimum. First of all, he is not guaranteed a starting spot. He will have to fight for the job with these youngers whom you think can all have rookie seasons lik Chris Chambers. Let the guy compete. Let him win, let him lose. Competition NEVER hurts.

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2
For those of you that think if he makes the team, it will be in a back up role, do you think he will accept that? I really have no idea , I'm just asking. He seems to be liked by his teammates so he must be somewhat of a nice guy, but will he really mentally be able to handle being the fourth or fifth receiver. And if he is that fourth or fifth, Will he pout and give a randy mosslike effort. He may or may not, I guess all we can do is wait and see . IMO He's not worth the risk

WHAT RISK???? This guy came from the ARENA league, he is happy just to BE in the NFL. He never cried and pouted, buddy. He just tested the market because he is a free agent, and the Phins were only offering the minimum.

You asked of anyone knew of great games Gadsden had and why we should keep him. When they gave you the reasons you responded with the hate.

Call it what you want, I really have better things to do than go through this with you.

Resting well.

Originally posted by BeatCrazy2

Thats your opinion, but I disagree. Younger players are hungrier and are just aching to come out there and produce and make a name for themselves. Orande thinks he sooo good and deserves all this money and that we treat him so badly. I'm sure he wishes he'd taken our original offer now. WR is a position in this league where a young guy can come in and make plays right away. As long as they have the intellingence to understand the system, they can be just as good or better than gadsen.

Young guys make costly mistakes it seems :mad:

Hey, so does Madison :yell:

Originally posted by muddaconch

WHAT RISK???? This guy came from the ARENA league, he is happy just to BE in the NFL. He never cried and pouted, buddy. He just tested the market because he is a free agent, and the Phins were only offering the minimum.

At the begining of last year he pouted about not being the starting receiver when he had to complete with McKnight...but it's not like I don't like Gadsen, but I'm ready for something new..I know Thompson can make the same kind of catches, I watched him last year, and hopefully you guys will get to see that side of him in PS..But I don't want to give away our future too...We have enough to win now, and still develop younger talent..I can never say Gadsen won't make great catches, he will, but he's just not a #2 receiver to me and I know he thinks he is..this may cause some trouble because he is liked by teammates and they may take sides, I hope not, but it is a real possibility..We won't know if some these receivers can do what we need if they never have the chance..We have a number 3 in Thompson..We have speed and good hands in our #1 and 2. Trust what we have guys and move on from the past..I like OG, but want to take a chance on some new people like we did when we took a chance on OG.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom