Can I Uber to Game (jets/dolphins)? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can I Uber to Game (jets/dolphins)?

landshark44

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
thx.. trying to plan a trip without renting a car.. i'm a dolphins fan from NJ.... week 17 game (1-8-23)

i saw that the "stadium hotel" has a free shuttle to the stadium.. but i think i'd rather stay on the beach.. wondering if it's possible to get an uber to the stadium, or is that just unpractical -given the traffic.... or if anyone knows of a beach hotel with shuttle to the game..

thx

When I went a few year ago to watch them play the Jets, I took an Uber to the game and it was ok. The issue is getting one after the game. It was a nightmare! I ended up having to walk to a store/gas station to get an Uber back to Hotel. They say there is a designated area for Ubers/Lyft, but I couldn't find it. Tons of Taxi's waiting outside though.

Ubering back out from the stadium is the tough part. The rates are much higher in close proximity to the stadium and the traffic is way too bad for them to get to you very easily. I also couldn’t find the designated area but I didn’t try very hard. If you are able to walk a couple of miles in the direction of your hotel and then call one from the gas station it’s much cheaper and easier to get one. That’s what I did after the Browns game. I’m sure it’s much more fun of a walk after a win than a loss! Plus, my group was enamored with that crazy Bills/Vikings ending during our walk which made it a more enjoyable time.

If you can’t walk then you could try to schedule a pick up or make sure you know where the designated area is so that you aren’t scrambling for an option. The taxis outside were trying to charge me $200 for an 11 minute ride.

walk across the street to Walmart and call an Uber/Lyft from there...this is what I did after the Clevo game...as did 354 other people...no issues, hang out and enjoy the surroundings

thx.. trying to plan a trip without renting a car.. i'm a dolphins fan from NJ.... week 17 game (1-8-23)

i saw that the "stadium hotel" has a free shuttle to the stadium.. but i think i'd rather stay on the beach.. wondering if it's possible to get an uber to the stadium, or is that just unpractical -given the traffic.... or if anyone knows of a beach hotel with shuttle to the game..

thx
I just flew down last weekend for the Houston game. We didn’t rent a car, so we Uber’d to the game. It was a piece of cake gettin there. For the way out, the Uber driver told us to walk a couple blocks away from the stadium, which we did, it was easy, and then call for your Uber. It worked out great for us.

You might want to leave a little early so that you can catch one of the ubers in the 1st wave. There's absolutely no traffic getting to the game, but the traffic leaving is terrible so if you miss that 1st wave of ubers, its probably gonna be awhile for some of them make their way back.

Ditto everything they said. You probably won't find a beach hotel with a shuttle. Distance and logistical traffic nightmares prevent it.

It's not going to be $25 so be prepared to pay big for a reissue short drive. There are tons of taxis on the street next to the yellow lot on the east side.

So...what are the best options to go to a game? I recently moved to West Palm. Pay for parking? Park at a Walmart or somewhere and Uber? Is there a trirail option? Busses from the trirail station?

From what it sounds like, depending on how far away your hotel is, it may be worth the convenience to take a taxi when leaving the game...but i dunno the rates

I am thinking about coming down for this game too.

But then I am going to be annoyed if I am missed out on a home playoff game.

I'm 6-0 lifetime in games I've gone too. 4-0 against the Jets, 3 of which were in NY.

thx
Take an Uber to the game. Take a taxi from the game there are tons of them just waiting at all times. It will cost you $10 more and it’s a sure thing. We did it for last weeks game, in fact we did the whole trip with Uber and it was cheaper than the Rent-A-Car option.

Back
Top Bottom