Can Josh Rosen Find Success With Dolphins? Here's What To Expect As Qb Looks To Bounce Back | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Josh Rosen Find Success With Dolphins? Here's What To Expect As Qb Looks To Bounce Back

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
12751299.jpg

It's been only 15 months since Josh Rosen was a top-10 draft pick, so it's way too early to call him a bust. Yet it's worth wondering, following an awful first year in Arizona, if he'll be able to avoid that label next offseason after a year with the rebuilding Miami Dolphins.

So many things went wrong with the Cardinals -- Steve Wilks didn't know how to use Rosen (or David Johnson), offensive coordinator Mike McCoy was fired midseason, the offensive line stunk -- that thankfully he got traded, except that where he got traded is projected to be the NFL's new worst team.

So, how will it all play out for Rosen?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-as-qb-looks-to-bounce-back-from-rookie-mess/

That's a horrible piece of writing. Lays out nothing about what to expect and why.

Quotes one guy that says he doesn't see how Rosen can succeed and another that says Rosen will be better than Mariota.

If people already believe you have a bottom 5 roster in the league, nothing else matters.

I like team last yr. than team this yr for qb like Rosen.. I dont know how this going play out. We will get the answer in January and in april... we need Qb in miami. It up to Rosen to prevent dolphins from pick too high in draft. He need find page out thill17 book. Not great but not to terrible as qb while winning 7 games this yr. That will put us in 11 -14 range when come to dolphins draft in 2020

Hey this article highlights how the bad coaching in Arizona was the leading contibuter in Rosens downfall.

Soo that puts the question out there if Rosen looks as bad here as in Arizona wsd Rosen a bad pick or was Flores and company.

Interesting delimia if it happens hopefully not.

Its incredible to me how bad the sports writers are versus the guys on XM Satellite NFL. They actually know what they're talking about when this stuff comes up. They'll literally sit there saying " well, Tunsil is better than anything Arizona Cardinals were starting but maybe if Miami sees two injuries, they're starting a line that's just as bad as that 3rd string group Rosen had in Arizona, and then you can't even judge the kid fairly. It's a scary thought."

and then went on to go through each positional group and explained why he thought there was a lot of hand holding to be expected. I wish I caught who it was, but he was a former player, sounded mid 30s. Guy who nailing the analysis with every team, even shining tons of light on others.

Former players and coaches who can explain the game well are so valuable to the casual fan like myself. I used to be diehard but simply do not have the time anymore.

Its incredible to me how bad the sports writers are versus the guys on XM Satellite NFL. They actually know what they're talking about when this stuff comes up. They'll literally sit there saying " well, Tunsil is better than anything Arizona Cardinals were starting but maybe if Miami sees two injuries, they're starting a line that's just as bad as that 3rd string group Rosen had in Arizona, and then you can't even judge the kid fairly. It's a scary thought."

and then went on to go through each positional group and explained why he thought there was a lot of hand holding to be expected. I wish I caught who it was, but he was a former player, sounded mid 30s. Guy who nailing the analysis with every team, even shining tons of light on others.

Former players and coaches who can explain the game well are so valuable to the casual fan like myself. I used to be diehard but simply do not have the time anymore.

So, hate to quote myself, but I was listening again and I found out who it was. Kirk Morrison. He was INCREDIBLY knowledgable. He had the greatest breakdown of Mike Gesicki, and you can tell he's used to covering those guys. His read was insanely honest.

He also absolutely loves Minkah and thinks Miami's secondary is full of "B+ guys, guys you won't see on Madden covers but several teams would gladly start them", specifically naming Minkah as a future superstar, Howard as "probably the best playmaking DB in the league nobody knew until he was paid" and Bobby Mccain as a victim of Minkah, but an otherwise star player who reminds me of Honey Badger - small, shifty, great hands and plays 25 lbs heavier than he is.

So, hate to quote myself, but I was listening again and I found out who it was. Kirk Morrison. He was INCREDIBLY knowledgable. He had the greatest breakdown of Mike Gesicki, and you can tell he's used to covering those guys. His read was insanely honest.

He also absolutely loves Minkah and thinks Miami's secondary is full of "B+ guys, guys you won't see on Madden covers but several teams would gladly start them", specifically naming Minkah as a future superstar, Howard as "probably the best playmaking DB in the league nobody knew until he was paid" and Bobby Mccain as a victim of Minkah, but an otherwise star player who reminds me of Honey Badger - small, shifty, great hands and plays 25 lbs heavier than he is.

What show? podcast?

His assessment of our secondary is full of contradictions. He says we’re a secondary with B+ Guys then goes the other way in his individual assessment by saying good Minkah is a superstar, Howard is the best unknown playmaker, and McCain is like the honey badger (lol). Maybe the rest of his interview was better but that part was pretty awful.

His assessment of our secondary is full of contradictions. He says we’re a secondary with B+ Guys then goes the other way in his individual assessment by saying good Minkah is a superstar, Howard is the best unknown playmaker, and McCain is like the honey badger (lol). Maybe the rest of his interview was better but that part was pretty awful.

That should've said defense was full of B+ guys, not secondary. Sorry. Pre-coffee postin'.

What show? podcast?

SiriusXM NFL Channel, 88. I wish I knew the name of the show. Honestly, they're all pretty great, so just tune in any time in the afternoon.

Brady Quinn is another guy who just seems to be brutally honest and goes against the "media" thinktank a lot, and I find myself agreeing with him (Stuff like naming Mike Evans the 3rd best receiver in the NFL, etc)

Back
Top Bottom