Can Josh Rosen Find Success With Dolphins? Here's What To Expect As Qb Looks To Bounce Back

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Jul 8, 2019.

1. djphinfan

djphinfan Perennial All-Pro

The McCain to Matthieu comparison is a bad comp imo..Wish we had that guy on our team.

Travis34 and BlueFin like this.
  2. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

Yes he can!

3. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

McCain isn’t even a “poor man’s” honey badger. He’s dreadful and hopefully one of the first contracts purged next year.

djphinfan likes this.
  4. CANDolphan

CANDolphan Seasoned Veteran Finheaven VIP

What on earth? Where did you get he was dreadful? His natural position is slot corner. We're asking him to be a roaming free safety with more man coverage duties, almost like the Joker LB position but in the secondary.

Hes dreadful on the boundary. That much I'll give you, but he should've never been in there in the first place.

Mach2 likes this.
  5. AZStryker

AZStryker Pro Bowler

His tape shows him regularly out of position, exhibiting poor technique, slow to read and react, and a tendency to be grabby often resulting on Drive extending penalties. He is a replacement level player whose contract extension was on par with Branch and Kiko. None of them should’ve been re-signed. One down, two to go.

6. fansinceGWilson

fansinceGWilson FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

every NFL QB looks significantly worse behind a bad OL. Even HOFrs. No sane person disputes that. Bad coaching makes things worse. I'm still of the opinion the make or break trait of a successful NFL QB is the mental part. Can he diagnose Ds? Can he instantly spot and hit an open receiver? Can he audible out of bad plays? Rosen seemed to do well the first 2-3 games so I'm guardedly optimistic. The down side is, we've seen roolie QBs scarred by a bad team and never recover. For Rosen to show me he's capable in the mental part won't take 16 or 12 games. There should be some evidence by game 4.

lurking, phintim and Mach2 like this.
  7. mbhcu98

mbhcu98 Well-Known Member

McCain is not dreadful. That's a dumb comparison.

Mach2 likes this.
  8. kingfin23

kingfin23 This is the Year

Terrible article

9. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

The situation in Arizona was about as bad as it gets... no place for a rookie QB trying to figure everything out...the inevitable happened...Rosen eventually started trying to force it and that always looks bad!

Give him adequate protection and a good scheme and he will flourish....he did not have that last year.

He even had the misfortune in the beginning when he had the healthiest line he had all year...when he was throwing at an extremely high level...of having several key drops that would have been a confidence inducing upset of Seattle.

Mach2 likes this.
  10. hoops

hoops exited stage left

The deck is definitely stacked against rosen. Better year than mariota? Yeah I can buy it. I fully expect tannehill to start at some point in Tennessee this year.