Can Miami beat Peyton Manning? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Miami beat Peyton Manning?

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
I hope Miami can contain Indy's 2nd rank passing game. And with our defense giving up a lot of yardage, although the interceptions are great, I hope that's not a problem. It'll probably be tough to get some turnovers from the Colts. But if we fall behind, hopefully Griese can make a comeback.

the ? should be can manning beat the fins. we have owned manning thus far in his career and edge is no longer a real threat forces manning to be one dim. switch up coverages on him and he'll start to do all the audilbles at the line and get confused thus comes the int's and sacks.

harrison always seems to get his #'s against us but miami seems to come out on top. the only intangeable now is reggie wayne. what is his impact going to be?

i think this game will be decided between miami's O and their D. who has made the most improvements?

The last couple games between miami and the colts were pretty close. I think the question is whether Griese or Manning can make the big play.

Surtain has Harrison and Madi has Wayne, right?

If its the other way around Surtain won't let Wayne do ****

Originally posted by SurtainRulz23
Surtain has Harrison and Madi has Wayne, right?

If its the other way around Surtain won't let Wayne do ****

Why would it be the other way around? You put your best cover guy on the best receiver. In this case.. it's obviously Surtain & Harrison.

I don't think it matters. But if we're looking at it by history, I'd definitely put Madison on Harrison. Sam has traditionally shut down Marvin, whereas Marvin has torched Surtain. But Pat is playing well and the knee doesn't seem to be a factor this year.

As for Manning, he has 1 TD and 6 INTs in our last two meetings. And we have won the last four games overall (including the 2000 playoff game). So the question in my mind is whether or not HE can beat US.

Originally posted by Regan21286
The last couple games between miami and the colts were pretty close. I

No, not really. The last game was fairly close but the one before that was a blowout.

Originally posted by Va.fin fan
the ? should be can manning beat the fins. we have owned manning thus far in his career and edge is no longer a real threat forces manning to be one dim. switch up coverages on him and he'll start to do all the audilbles at the line and get confused thus comes the int's and sacks.
the fist game i ever went to in miami was the second game in 2000. the fins almost came back in that one after giving up 20!;)

I was at that one also. Very frustrating day. :(

I have no doubt that sometimes we will see Zach Thomas covering Marvin Harrison.

Go Zach!

Originally posted by PhinstiGator
I have no doubt that sometimes we will see Zach Thomas covering Marvin Harrison.

Go Zach!
i think zach is a little short for that, don't you think?:(

Jamar Fletcher had 10 tackles and an INT last time we played Indy.

Peyton is having a career year and Marvin is always good. But if the rest of the offense is not a factor, Indy will lose. Miami has the best nickel package in the NFL. I see JT or Ogun getting to Peyton often.

Originally posted by Muck
I was at that one also. Very frustrating day. :(
since indy was kicking our butt that day, i have to give kudos to the colts fans that were there, they were very well behaved!;)

Back
Top Bottom