Can Ricky Williams make the Hall of Fame? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can Ricky Williams make the Hall of Fame?

Will Ricky Make the Hall of Fame

• Yes

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • No

Votes: 82 73.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 15 13.5%
  • Only Time Will Tell

Votes: 8 7.2%

• Total voters

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
Obviously a player can use drugs and still be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Michael Irvin's induction proves that you can smoke marijuana and use other drugs and it will not necessarily change the voter's opinion of you.

Ricky has a little over 7,000 yards rushing....Thurman Thomas finished with a little over 12,000 yards. Ricky would easily be on the same pace as Thurman had he not missed two seasons (2006 in Canada, and 2004 not playing). Ricky won't be 30 years old until May, 2007....he could play another four or five years if he chooses to do so. Your thoughts?

Can he go another 4,000 Yards without smokin a joint?

Can he put together two consecutive seasons?

I think it's worthy of questioning only when he acts like a Professional football player.

Only if he has an entire HOF career *starting now*. If he plays solid for the next 8-10 years and puts up amazing numbers, then he'd have a chance to overcome the rightfully-earned negative perceptions. I think that is about as likely as Ray Lucas coming out of 'retirement' to lead us to five straight Super Bowl victories. Hmmm.... maybe six.

So, no. He's squandered the best parts of his career. And this coming from someone who has no gripe with the guy and wants him back next year.

1st he has to be re-instated. Then stay clean and play. But he will most likely be snubbed either way.

Ricky is gonna have a real tough time getting into the HOF, because of his failed drug tests.

This was Irvin's 3rd year up for nomination, and his problems came mostly after his career was over i believe.

He certainly wouldn't get my vote.......terrible team guy.

Obviously a player can use drugs and still be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Michael Irvin's induction proves that you can smoke marijuana and use other drugs and it will not necessarily change the voter's opinion of you.

Ricky has a little over 7,000 yards rushing....Thurman Thomas finished with a little over 12,000 yards. Ricky would easily be on the same pace as Thurman had he not missed two seasons (2006 in Canada, and 2004 not playing). Ricky won't be 30 years old until May, 2007....he could play another four or five years if he chooses to do so. Your thoughts?

Edit: Mayne should by Maybe in the poll...can't type.
Which Hall of Fame are we talking about here. The one in Canton, or the one in San Francisco.:goof:

As much as i like the guy...unless he will lead the lague in rushing for next five years and win like three superbowls..he aint gettin tehre..srry.

Back
Top Bottom