Can someone explain why our | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can someone explain why our

I've said it since MG was given the 10.9 at the start of the season. He is not and never will be a good fit for McD offense. Wasted money IMO, would have they went after more OL or maybe a LB? Sometimes I don't understand what they are doing, not sure they know what their doing either

I’d take a long look at the Texans soon to be FA TE Jordan Akins. He’s under the radar given the team he’s on and could flourish here.

I thought he was a handful against us. Definitely a big bodied athlete who can move laterally, unlike Mike Gesicki who is just too stiff.

Where’s Bill O’Brien when we need him? Could trade our forfeited 1st round pick for Akins.

Gesicki could do well on another team, that plays him as if he was a 6'5" WR. The McDaniel system needs the TE's to be very good blockers. However, if someone with George Kittle's skillset comes along with both good catching and good blocking skills, then expect Grier to pounce.

I’d take a long look at the Texans soon to be FA TE Jordan Akins. He’s under the radar given the team he’s on and could flourish here.

I thought he was a handful against us. Definitely a big bodied athlete who can move laterally, unlike Mike Gesicki who is just too stiff.
that dude looked good today against the chiefs...

One thing is clear to me.. I could care less if Gesiki goes to another team and turns into an all pro.... based on what he's shown you can't blame Miami from moving on.

It's hard for me to see his complete lack of shiftiness, speed and tackle breaking changing no matter what team or system he goes to. Could he have some decent mediocre production with some good games here and there ... sure.. but so can a lot of other players we can find.

He glamored us with some nice catches early on but he's awful otherwise.

I've become completely disenchanted with Gesicki. I used to think that the knocks on him about not creating separation, poor blocking and not being able to break tackles, were all hyperbole from Dolphins fans. Unfortunately, all of that is true. He's made a couple spectacular catches this year, but can not get open consistently to save his life, goes down on the slightest contact 99% of the time, and is still a massive liability as a blocker.

I've become completely disenchanted with Gesicki. I used to think that the knocks on him about not creating separation, poor blocking and not being able to break tackles, were all hyperbole from Dolphins fans. Unfortunately, all of that is true. He's made a couple spectacular catches this year, but can not get open consistently to save his life, goes down on the slightest contact 99% of the time, and is still a massive liability as a blocker.
I’m right there with you. I thought all of the same things as you did. Oof he’s a disaster

If the fins and gesicki had it to do over again, both would be happy to be out of this franchise tag.

The staff wanted to see if they could mold MG. I don’t blame them.

But for MG, his next contract has to be worse that it would have been in March 2022. He has proven that he is a one dimensional TE.

It didn’t work out. That’s fine. Everyone will move on and be happy.

MG has been the ultimate team player though his time with us, most especially this year. I wish him the best as he exits our team

We play a FB a lot more than most teams. That eats in to the 2 TE looks. Doesn't come close to accounting for the complete lack of production, but can explain some chunk of it.

I don't understand why we didn't trade Gesicki if we are not going to use him.

Of course it is the same organization that can be questioned for stupid decisions again and again.
The rumor was that we shopped him, but didn't get any acceptable offers. And obviously if we let him leave this year when we'll likely be less active in FA we may get a 3rd as a compensatory pick so that was probably the minimum price.

Back
Top Bottom