Can someone PLEASE explain to me.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can someone PLEASE explain to me....

MissMeth

Miss July
Reaction score
Why the heck the dolphins havent signed Matt Turk?!! He came in last year and tore it up!! He is worth any money he is asking (well within reason ;)). I just dont understand.

:missmeth:

Dolphins | Turk’s Agent Upset Over Negotiations - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:41:57 -0800

The Miami Herald reports the agents for Miami Dolphins P Matt Turk called recent Dolphins' negotiating tactics "upsetting," saying that the team has offered only a one-year deal. "You would think that they would want to talk about a multiyear offer," Turk's agent, David Canter said. "Matt wants to be there and he's coming off a very good year. We still hope to get something done."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dolphins | Turk Offered One-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com
Sat, 21 Feb 2004 10:15:19 -0800

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins have offered P Matt Turk a one-year deal to return to the team next season, but Turk will likely listen to other offers when he becomes an unrestricted free agent March 3.

There looking at Josh Bidwell from GreenBay! I don't know I thought Turk did a good job too! Not sure if he is or not, but if they can up grade I guess go for it!

I don't know. Maybe because he's 86 years old and they want to see if they can find someone younger before they re-sign him.
:goof:

I knew all that already.. im just wondering what the heck is going through the Dolphins mind?!

Turk punked the front office a few years ago and then went to the Jets. He is a decent punter and was the best of what was left on the scrap heap last year(how we started with Royals in the first place is beypnd me).

That said, there isn't a real fluster of action happening for Turk now is there? I believe his age, AND the fact that he acted like a punk a few years ago is what is now coming back to bite him.

just as a disclaimer, I would ALWAYS take more moeny for a job, and usually wish the players the best once they go and get paid, BUT if I believe correctly Turk left to go to the Jets for something like $25,000 in signing bonuses or something rediculous like that.

Of course I could also just be talking out of my *** here.....

to me it is basically that they want to spend the vet min. on a punter and nothing more

I have to agree here...why are we not signing someone who clearly performed last year? Does anyone remember what it was like when he WASN'T the punter? Didn't we go down this road last year w/ him before we came to our senses?

I'm all for young guys....but lets make sure we have performance first. Maybe Rick knows that no other team is really interested in Turk and so he can play hard ball...or maybe he feels that Turk is a "year to year" performer and a long term deal would hurt us....anyone have any thoughts on this? :confused:

Originally posted by dolphan39
to me it is basically that they want to spend the vet min. on a punter and nothing more

They should only spend the min on a punter! It shouldn't be that hard to find a guy that can punt a football but as the Pats learned I guess it's not that easy!!! Let's get some soccer guys in here, they can kick!

David James was here last summer(soccer player)!

There are still some good punters out there. If Turk can't get a long term deal anywhere else he will come crawling back AGAIN(tho last year a case could be made for us doing the "crawling")

Turk is NOT a probowler and should be paid accordingly...

True dat True dat! They shouldn't be paying a guy more money than he's worth just to keep someone that was here last year! There are plenty of punters out there! I mean come on I can punt 40 years and I'm WAY out of shape!!!

Im a punter. i want 5 years/10 million and a 4 mil signing bonus.

what are you crazy? hes not that good. turk has been playing this game with us and the jets and who's next?

turk did well this past year, but once you sign this guy to a multi year deal, he will fail miserably. he is a putner for crying out loud!

Originally posted by shalafi3455

They should only spend the min on a punter! It shouldn't be that hard to find a guy that can punt a football but as the Pats learned I guess it's not that easy!!! Let's get some soccer guys in here, they can kick!

yeah a punter dissin 750,000 a year. amazing.

I think they are looking for a punter with a high golf handicap.

Back
Top Bottom