Can the Dolphins realistically make the playoffs? Schedule Reassesment | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can the Dolphins realistically make the playoffs? Schedule Reassesment

Are you guys kidding me? We can beat every team on the schedule. Hell, if Tannehill doesn't throw 3 interceptions IN HIS FIRST PRO GAME we may have beat the Texans. If Dan Carpenter makes 2 field goals that the average NFL kicker should be able to make, especially in crucial game situation we are easily and I mean easily 4-1.

PLEASE stop under estimating this team. We are as good as any team in the NFL and we traded away 2 our of best players hahaha and we have a rookie QB. Oh yeah don't we have the worst WR corps in the league? Hahaha knock it off!!! This team is so good its unreal. Not to mention a 1st year albeit Super Bowl winning coach. This team has the coaching and talent needed to win a championship THIS year.

Watch out!

This team has little to no depth. Once injuries kick in, it will be tough on the Fins. The only areas the Fins have quality depth IMO is QB, RB, G and DT. Depth is painfully thin at tackle, receiver, DE, LB and CB.

I will stick by the idea of wanting to see progress which we are right now.

The Jets and Cards losses could come back to haunt.

Just to be talking playoffs is an accomplishment.

So true. What a great feeling to finally have a legit, long term solution at QB! This time last year we were talking about suck for luck.

My passion is officially back. Pessimism moved out after the Arizona game.

This team has little to no depth. Once injuries kick in, it will be tough on the Fins. The only areas the Fins have quality depth IMO is QB, RB, G and DT. Depth is painfully thin at tackle, receiver, DE, LB and CB.

I will stick by the idea of wanting to see progress which we are right now.

Good point. This and inexperience overall is why I think they end up around 7-9 and that's a 7-9 to be excited about. I can't believe it took THIS long to find a franchise QB, but he's here now.

Im still holding to my 9-7 preseason prediction. There are quite a few games left on that schedule where we play teams we are better than.

We arent beating the 9ers. Outside of that every game is winnable. 10-6 is a real possibility. If we had beaten the Jests, 11-5 and a division title were there.

I highly doubt we beat the 49ers either. Most likely they'll keep it close for a few quarters until they pull away, but the NFL is strange. I could also see them beating the 49ers and losing to a lowly team like the Titans.

That schedule is so incredibly weak. We should be favorites in every game except SF, NE, and that tough road game in SEA. Anything can happen and always expect surprises, but 9-7 is very possible.

Are you guys kidding me? We can beat every team on the schedule. Hell, if Tannehill doesn't throw 3 interceptions IN HIS FIRST PRO GAME we may have beat the Texans. If Dan Carpenter makes 2 field goals that the average NFL kicker should be able to make, especially in crucial game situation we are easily and I mean easily 4-1.

PLEASE stop under estimating this team. We are as good as any team in the NFL and we traded away 2 our of best players hahaha and we have a rookie QB. Oh yeah don't we have the worst WR corps in the league? Hahaha knock it off!!! This team is so good its unreal. Not to mention a 1st year albeit Super Bowl winning coach. This team has the coaching and talent needed to win a championship THIS year.

Watch out!

IF he doesn't throw three interceptions...well it did happen. There's a rookie QB on the roster and that factors into the record. The Texans have a great defense so you have to give them credit. As Hayden pointed out, lack of depth at some positions also factors into the record. Injuries happen. The Cardinals won at the end because the secondary is suspect. That factors into the record.

The only one I'll give you is the Jets game. A kicker missing a late kick makes it feel more like you "should've" won.

Slow down..we aren't as good as any team in the league. We're an average, ascending team. That's something to be proud of.

Your probably not far off...Indy won't be the struggle though. The Dolphin front seven will be all over Luck and the Dolphins will manhandle them.

The Jets game will be much tougher than you seem to think, Seattle will much tougher than you think.

The only way the Niners score 27 on us is if The Dolphins turn the ball over a lot, if we play a clean game, that game will be close.

We will steal a game from the Patsies as our front seven will dominate again.

That schedule is so incredibly weak. We should be favorites in every game except SF, NE, and that tough road game in SEA. Anything can happen and always expect surprises, but 9-7 is very possible.

We play Seattle at home which is HUGE. Going to Seattle Id say we lose. Them coming to Miami, I think were favored in that matchup.

We drew the best possible home/away scenarios for those NFC west teams. The Rams and Seahawks are much more dangerous in their buildings than on the road. That is the two teams you would hand pick to play at home instead of on the road out of that division. When you consider that we arent likely to beat San Fran no matter where we play that game, it works out perfect that we got those two mediocre teams who are much better at home, in Miami.

San Fran and the two NE games are the only games I would consider us an underdog left on the schedule. I wouldnt be shocked if we beat NE either. 10-6 is a strong possibility. 9-7 is real strong. Damn, if we had beaten the Jests we would have a shot at a division title by splitting with NE and going 11-5.

I agree, and SF is a great team but I think we play similar styles of football and as long as this team improves week to week, its not unfathomable to beat SF or NE.

We had NE 17-0 at half last year. This team would not falter under this coaching staff.

I always felt this team could go 10-6 tops but likely 8-8. Every week somone is stepping up. This week Reshad Jones is looking the part and Nolan Carrol did a nice job. We get Clay and Gaffney going....look out, we could be the new San Fran.

That's what I was thinking, San Fran has to run the ball and play defense...so do we...you know another team that does that...Minnesota, and they beat San Fran, why not us?

It depends if Tanny hits the rookie wall or not. Either way, this is the start of something good!

I hate to throw some negativity into this thread, but the playoffs (or a winning record) are out of the question UNLESS Miami starts scoring more TDs per game... especially in the 4th quarter. They can compete with anyone for 45 minutes, but the offense stinks in the 4th quarter and this places too much pressure on the defense.

Back
Top Bottom