((Can we be the SuperBowl Ravens of 2003?)) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

((Can we be the SuperBowl Ravens of 2003?))

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
I hate seeing threads like this one, nonetheless post them, but i couldnt help myself this time.....But Im wondering if Wanny is taking this approach? I mean yeah it'd be asking a little to much, but its not a far fetched idea.....If we were to sign Knight, we'd have solid veterans in all our defense.....Except of course Greenwood's position ,but maybe thats why we went after depth in the draft with our first pick....also the lack of going after another solid WR....Maybe Wanny thinks Ricky is enough to carry this offense the same way Jamal Lewis did with the Ravens, and their lack of good recievers....all in all Im not sure if this is a good thing or a bad one, but one thing I know is that i just dont see a Powerefull enough offense (I.e. Super Bowl Rams) to go up against our defense ...so if my guess is correct this is a good thing......now for a little comparison of the defensive stars that made it happen....

M.McCrary=J.Taylor
S.Adams=T.Bowens
T.Siragusa=L.Chester (both fat asses)
R.Burnett=Ogunleye

R.Lewis=Z.Thomas
P.Boulware=J.Seau
J.Sharper=E.Moore? ....(Greenwood/Moore) Weak spot

McCallister=Madison
D.Starks=Surtain
R.Woodson=B.Marion
C.Harris/K.Herring=Freeman/(S.Knight)....if signed

If I missed some help me out....or if i got some wrong correct me if im wrong....Forgot some of their guys....

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn Hoff, you are on a roll today.

I also thinks it's a pretty good approach right now. Think of it. As of now, our offense is better than the Ravens ever had. If we can manage to have an unstoppable defense, well, you figure it out.

I don't think the Linebackers compare. AT ALL. IMO Ray Lewis is much better then Zach, Maybe you could compare Seau a few years ago and the other matchup doesn't Jive either.

And on offense, It's almost similar..

Ricky Williams vs. Jamal Lewis
Rob Konrad vs. Sam Gash (I believe)
Randy McMichael vs. Shannon Sharpe
Chris Chambers vs. Ismail

It's looks all good on paper... But it has to be translated to the field and I have a feeling it will.. Miami has a huge chip on their shoulder and have improved themselves very well..

HOORAH:drinker:

You don't agree Bills fan?

No WAY!

I'm shocked...

you mean you don't think Miami is going to be good?

What a revelation!

:rolleyes:

Re: You don't agree Bills fan?

Originally posted by RHoffman
No WAY!

I'm shocked...

you mean you don't think Miami is going to be good?

What a revelation!

:rolleyes:

It's always the same answer with you bro. It's getting played out. I think your DLine is comparable and I think your CB's are comparable, but I just don't think your LB's are as good as those of Balt in '00.

Talk about played out...

its the same old Buffalo Bill Fan story...

Miami is bad...Buffalo is good...blah, blah, blah...
just for once suprise us...
and be objective.

How could I be more objective? I said that I think your Dline and CB’s are comparable to the Dline and CB’s of one of the Best Defenses in the history of the league. I just don’t think your LB’s are as good as the LB’s on the one of the best defenses in the history of the league.

I think that’s VERY objective.

your are dreamin WCoast! Your d is nowhere near that ravens d! The ravens d was one of the best in history!

I've been thinking this way for a while..I think once Wanny realize the a O upgrade would be very expensive,,he went for great Vet depth on the D..and in personnel it seem to be paying off..again on paper..this is really a talented team..now they just got to jell and produce on the field...The O avg. 27.1 ppg last year with Jay in there..That should be more than enough to go far this year. Hopefully the New receivers prove better than we think. I actually think McKnight will have a better year this year than last, when he had to prove himself..I think he will carry over..and D do have to respect his speed. So they can't really double Chambers..I think McKnight will burn them..With CC and McKnight..we are already faster than last year's starting day WR's. McKnight was not McDroppies last year either.

Billsfan...

I admit this time it seems like you are being objective...its the general commentary I am referring to.

Actually, I agree on the LBs...especially without seeing Miami's lbs lineup with Seau.

Back
Top Bottom