((Can we be the SuperBowl Ravens of 2003?)) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

((Can we be the SuperBowl Ravens of 2003?))

I do think its kind of like comparing

apples to oranges though...

a 4-3 defense to a 3-4...

a scheme that funnelled plays through its linebacking corp versus a team that depends heavily on its d-line.

Re: I do think its kind of like comparing

Originally posted by RHoffman
apples to oranges though...

a 4-3 defense to a 3-4...

a scheme that funnelled plays through its linebacking corp versus a team that depends heavily on its d-line.

The Ravens SuperBowl winning defense was a 4-3 defense... So comparisons can be made..

I noticed there where no COACHING comparisions.

Billick is a heck of alot better then Wanny.

Marvin Lewis was a much better D coach.

Norv is better then anyone the Ravens had, that is obvious.

You guys have talent, but do you have the "FIRE!"

The fire that Billick and Ray Lewis installed into the defense. The attitude of guys like Siragusa, Ray, McAlister, Woodson, and McCrary. On offense they had Mr. Optimistic, the man with a big heart in Trent Dilfer and had trash talkin Shannon Sharp.

Heck, the Bucs had big talkers in Keyshaun, Sapp, Brooks, Ronde, and Lynch.

Miami needs heart. If you guys get heart, then the Ravens and Bucs will be talkin about the Dolphins defense........

I think if we sign Knight then our secondary is mcuh more talented, the lines are somewhat even but i think we might have the advantage because I think OGun and Chester are goin to be much improved because they have had a year to play after their injuries, but there is absolutely no comparison in the linebackers

i don't think our defense compares to baltimore's, really, but i also must disagree that the ravens were one of the best in history. numbers-wise, maybe, but they were in the afc central and think about the starting quarterbacks they faced throughout the whole league. and they only did it for one year. think about the no-names, doomsday, the steel curtain...

We have a better D-line and secondary, but our lb's aren't as good as Balt's, mainly due to Ray Lewis. Zach is a great LB, but no one in the league fires up his team and carries them on his shoulders through intensity like Ray.

Ray couldn't stop RW though!:D

i pretty much agree with wahwee. ray lewis is sick. i think this team will have a great defense, especially if they sign knight. i also think they could look like the old ravens at home. on the road... i'm keeping my fingers crossed. i think the offense will put up more points this year, though, which will help.

Originally posted by XNOUGHT
I noticed there where no COACHING comparisions.

Billick is a heck of alot better then Wanny.

Marvin Lewis was a much better D coach.

Norv is better then anyone the Ravens had, that is obvious.

You guys have talent, but do you have the "FIRE!"

The fire that Billick and Ray Lewis installed into the defense. The attitude of guys like Siragusa, Ray, McAlister, Woodson, and McCrary. On offense they had Mr. Optimistic, the man with a big heart in Trent Dilfer and had trash talkin Shannon Sharp.

Heck, the Bucs had big talkers in Keyshaun, Sapp, Brooks, Ronde, and Lynch.

Miami needs heart. If you guys get heart, then the Ravens and Bucs will be talkin about the Dolphins defense........

Very well put unbiased post...

Originally posted by wahwee
We have a better D-line and secondary, but our lb's aren't as good as Balt's, mainly due to Ray Lewis. Zach is a great LB, but no one in the league fires up his team and carries them on his shoulders through intensity like Ray.
Hopefully, that's what Seau will bring to the table. He may not physically be what he used to be, but he still gives 150% every down. Seau commands so much respect that no one else will even think about giving any less than 110%.

i agree with the seau intensity thing. remember the dolphins-chargers game last year? you could see junior had a noticable limp and he was still the only member of that defense getting after it. i think other guys here will feed off that and become better.

I think our secondary is better than the Ravens SB secondary and our DL is better as well. However, their LBs were a lot better than ours.

Originally posted by zevo
your are dreamin WCoast! Your d is nowhere near that ravens d! The ravens d was one of the best in history!

Im not the one dreaming....this is your nightmare ;)

NO the Ravens defense did not choke away games so you can't even begin to compare the fins defense with the ravens defense..

The Fins defense has been a good one, don't get me wrong.. and they have improved with the addition of Junior..

BUT YOU CAN'T COMPARE IT TO THAT SUPERBOWL DEFENSE OF THE RAVENS .....

Hey NYRICAN, we can't compare yet, cause we haven't played a game yet. Now why haven't you changed your flag for the Redskin flag, your team has officially moved. We'll see soon enough, who's defense brings what.

BTW, I hope you like your new user title. I just couldn't hold back.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom