Can We Become As Good As The Patriots? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can We Become As Good As The Patriots?

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
One of the announcers today said that Gase is modeling his system on New England's. It seems to me like they have the greatest "plug and play" system ever. No matter who plays, they look good. Is it all about the coaching and the system? Is that possible to replicate?

I don't believe Brady is "all that". I think if he played for any other team, we wouldn't even be talking about him now. I may be wrong about that, but look how Cassell and Garrapolo looked in Bill's system. Brady has had the benefit of great coaching and the same system for 15 or more years.

That would be contingent on us getting an all time great QB again.

Not sure that's true. Brady is great but they went 4-0 with garapooo and brisset looked decent too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure that's true. Brady is great but they went 4-0 with garapooo and brisset looked decent too.

They weren't ever touching Super Bowls with those QB's. With Brady, you get opportunities for Super Bowls.

This is my point. They went 11-5 with Cassell. What has he been since he's been away from the Patriots? Who was Brady before Belichick?

Shula was able to run an organization like that with multiple QBs (Griese, Morrall, Woodley, Strock, Marino, etc..). Just sayin'.

Great coaching and great quarterbacking go hand in hand in achieving sustained excellence. Just because Belicheck has shown he can keep things afloat with backups, doesn't mean Brady isn't a high impact, GOAT tier quarterback.

When you have a quarterback like Brady, your margin of error for other personnel groups on the team are much higher. Your going to be competitive regardless. Belicheat has drafted PLENTY of busts.

The real mastermind is Bill Belicheat. Wes Welker, Dion Branch, among other defensive players, they were crap before and after the Pats. Bill Belicheat coaches his team like someone would play Madden. He uses his teams strengths and doesn't get fancy.

Great coaching and great quarterbacking go hand in hand in achieving sustained excellence. Just because Belicheck has shown he can keep things afloat with backups, doesn't mean Brady isn't a high impact, GOAT tier quarterback.

But it doesn't mean he isn't replaceable either. Every other part of NE's team is replaceable. I would have liked to have seen what would have happened if BB had an entire offseason to prepare Garrapolo to play an entire season. I bet they would not be too far off the pace they are right now.

They weren't ever touching Super Bowls with those QB's. With Brady, you get opportunities for Super Bowls.

If you say so. We shall see after Brady retires in another 10 years

That would be contingent on us getting an all time great QB again.

I don't think so.

Not that Brady isn't great.....but most if not all of the QB's that have been inserted in that system over the years have had success.

Brady makes it easier....because he is talented and acts like another level of coaching on the field, but I believe the "system" they use is the true success mechanism.

Can it be replicated.....theoretically yes. I'm sure many have tried but most haven't been successful. You also have to admire their talent acquisition. They take cast offs from other teams and make them stars in their system.

To successfully accomplish the Plug and Play system, you need to have depth of good players. To accomplish this..... you MUST trade your valuable assets BEFORE they retire or leave in free agency.

This allows you to always stock your team with more and more players through the Draft. This also increases your chances of hitting the jackpot and finding a Gronkowski in the 2nd round .

This is the best way of dealing with the constant injuries in the NFL.

We can but we probably need a better defensive system

We have a very simple defense which only works if you have are extremely talented on defense. Its basically I'm telling you what I'm doing and I bet my players are better then yours. Our defense doesn't have that kind of talent especially with all the injuries

Back
Top Bottom