Can We Become As Good As The Patriots? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can We Become As Good As The Patriots?

I don't think so.

Not that Brady isn't great.....but most if not all of the QB's that have been inserted in that system over the years have had success.

Brady makes it easier....because he is talented and acts like another level of coaching on the field, but I believe the "system" they use is the true success mechanism.

Can it be replicated.....theoretically yes. I'm sure many have tried but most haven't been successful. You also have to admire their talent acquisition. They take cast offs from other teams and make them stars in their system.
Totally Agree
The Pats have moved well beyond simply Brady.
The true power of the Pats is the ethos of excellence that they have established.
Young ambitious and smart coaches take entry level positions with the Pats because they see it as the best place to grow.

Think about it. When is the last time the pats have replaced a high level coach from outside. It's either a promotion or a former assistant that returns.

It will take the departure of both Belichick and Brady to see them consistently lower their orbit. Simply because those to men are so exceptional that they can't be easily replaced.

I don't believe Brady is "all that". I think if he played for any other team, we wouldn't even be talking about him now. I may be wrong about that, but look how Cassell and Garrapolo looked in Bill's system. Brady has had the benefit of great coaching and the same system for 15 or more years.
agree.

If you find an elite gm.

I think it is much more the system and the coaching rather than the intrinsic talent of the players. How do you replicate it, I guess it starts with your head coach and then building an elite team of coaches round him, have a good degree of continuity and let systems evolve rather than change hugely year on year. I don't think we currently have an elite set of coaches below Gase, I would probably describe them as all in all average for the league. Offensive system I understand Gase cut it back a bit during the year, defensive system what we are seeing isn't reassuring. All in all I don't think we are going down the right road just yet, but agree the ideal is the plug and play system that Bellicheck has created.

To successfully accomplish the Plug and Play system, you need to have depth of good players. To accomplish this..... you MUST trade your valuable assets BEFORE they retire or leave in free agency.

This allows you to always stock your team with more and more players through the Draft. This also increases your chances of hitting the jackpot and finding a Gronkowski in the 2nd round .

This is the best way of dealing with the constant injuries in the NFL.

Buy low and sell high

This is my point. They went 11-5 with Cassell. What has he been since he's been away from the Patriots? Who was Brady before Belichick?

If I'm not mistaken, that 11-5 record represented a five game
Reduction in wins from the season before. Just saying.

Everyone focuses on the offense. Notice how plug and play the defense is, too. Really it is more Coach B than Brady and that doesn't diminish what Brady has done

This is my point. They went 11-5 with Cassell. What has he been since he's been away from the Patriots? Who was Brady before Belichick?

Cassel led the Chiefs to the playoffs with a 27 TD to 7 INT ratio after NE. His best year actually came in KC.

Brady is the biggest reason for that teams success. The Pats actually went 3-1 with the other QB's and played a soft schedule. Arizona wasn't what they were cracked up to be and missed the game winning field goal, we can't defend the middle and Jimmy G was the first to expose this, Houston can't score and Brisset was shut out by Buffalo. Brady would have routed the cards and Bills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMH at the discrediting of Brady in this thread.

When he retires the Patriots will be a different team. Still great, because their systems are elite, and from the top down they are well ran....but Brady is the secret sauce no doubt about it.

He's in the MVP discussion virtually every year, this one included.

Brady's TD to interception ratio this year is amazing. He is the man. However, I do agree that their front office is just as superior as BB and Brady.

I think our Coach will be great, Tannehill has the potential to be great, and our front office has been making some good moves lately (outside of Mario) so we shall see.

However, I must say this, if Vance doesn't call a blitz with a our back-up safety being our only protection to the end zone....AND Williams doesn't fumble...that is an even ballgame yesterday, even with the Pats jumping out 20-0.

You can't let the Pats go up three TD's on you, AND turnover the ball and expect to win.

We are not far away from those guys.

They take cast offs from other teams and make them stars in their system.

This is the biggest key to their success, in my opinion. Their college scouting has led to some bad draft picks but their pro scouting is off the charts.

I think that New England model began in the offseason when Miami didn't chase the big name free agents and used free agency more to add depth and serviceable starters. By all accounts, the Dolphins should get three compensatory picks this year which is unheard of in Miami.

I would guess that the Patriots have led the NFL in number of compensatory picks since the salary cap era began. Tom Brady is a 6th round compensatory pick so that, in itself, speaks volumes about how important those extra picks can be.

New England has been amazingly consistent over the years with Brady and Bill Bellichick. Really remarkable seemingly winning 12+ games a year. Almost always have a strong defensive line, but other than that doesn't seem to matter who plays other positions.

Moving forward it will be interesting to see how the Dolphins spend their money. Miami has talent at wide receiver, but that's a position really downplayed in New England. Does that mean the team won't go hard after renewing Jarvis Landry? That's just an example.

More than anything, I think it's about good coaching and Bellichick is still the best coach in the NFL. He certainly has been lucky to have a top-notch quarterback as well.

Back
Top Bottom