Can we finally put snachez> elli manning to bed ? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we finally put snachez> elli manning to bed ?

so you are comparing a game in week 1 w/ a superior team against an inferiror team vs. an AFC Championship on the road? Really?

You don't have to put up eye popping #s to have a good game or a major impact on a game.

I'm saying it's within reason for a team to answer their opponent's opening drive TD with one of their own ESPECIALLY IN A GAME OF THAT MAGNITUDE. That isn't why the game was lost.

Extending plays w/ his legs doesn't mean rushing w/ the football. There were numerous times we thought we had him or the play covered only to watch him buy time and make play inclding on the 2 biggest plays late in the game to seal the loss.

I'm aware of this, that is why I pointed out he only had 19 pass attempts. 10 completions is a terrible number in a game as big as they played. They're fortunate they won that game

On the first drive of the game we had Pitt in a 3rd and 12 situation at our 25, Ben scrambled for 12 yds and the 1st down which set up the TD. Going to 3-0 vs. 7-0 in that spot is a HUGE difference. That doesnt' show up in a boxscore. Just another example

Okay. So then he only had 9 yds on 10 other rushes based on the stats I provided. Being down 3 or 7 early shouldn't matter to a team coached by Rex Ryan right? Dude's one of the best coaches in the league. They should've been prepared no matter how the opening drive went.

The Jets had 60 yds of offense in that first half (3 punts, a FG, and a fumble) while Pittsburgh had 2 60+ yd TD drives (sandwiched around an INT and a FG). They had plenty of chances to equalize the hole they were in (and did so late in the game). Why does it work for them late as opposed to early?

I'm saying it's within reason for a team to answer their opponent's opening drive TD with one of their own ESPECIALLY IN A GAME OF THAT MAGNITUDE. That isn't why the game was lost.

I'm aware of this, that is why I pointed out he only had 19 pass attempts. 10 completions is a terrible number in a game as big as they played. They're fortunate they won that game

I didn't say it was impossible but the tone of the game was set on that drive, our O was slow starting every week anyway and to sit on the bench for almost allt he 1st qtr isn't a good thing.

Again, he made plays to help his team win, I don't care what the stat sheet says. The biggest reason Pitt won was b/c of the QB.

Okay. So then he only had 9 yds on 10 other rushes based on the stats I provided. Being down 3 or 7 early shouldn't matter to a team coached by Rex Ryan right? Dude's one of the best coaches in the league. They should've been prepared no matter how the opening drive went.

The Jets had 60 yds of offense in that first half (3 punts, a FG, and a fumble) while Pittsburgh had 2 60+ yd TD drives (sandwiched around an INT and a FG). They had plenty of chances to equalize the hole they were in (and did so late in the game). Why does it work for them late as opposed to early?

The Jets O couldn't get into a rhythm as Pitt held the ball most of the 1st half. Ben kept drives alive w/ key 3rd down conversions and big plays. Then, w/ the game up for grabs needing 2 1st downs he converted both and ended the game rather than give our O a shot to win it. 2 weeks earlier the great Peyton Manniong couldn't convert a late 3rd down which would have prevented us from having a chance and we drove down for the winning FG as time expired. Peyton had better #s against us but Ben was much better against us,

I didn't say it was impossible but the tone of the game was set on that drive, our O was slow starting every week anyway and to sit on the bench for almost allt he 1st qtr isn't a good thing.

Again, he made plays to help his team win, I don't care what the stat sheet says. The biggest reason Pitt won was b/c of the QB.

The tone was set for a half of play and then the Jets decided "Hey, let's actually score some ****ing points". Awesome

The Jets O couldn't get into a rhythm as Pitt held the ball most of the 1st half. Ben kept drives alive w/ key 3rd down conversions and big plays. Then, w/ the game up for grabs needing 2 1st downs he converted both and ended the game rather than give our O a shot to win it. 2 weeks earlier the great Peyton Manniong couldn't convert a late 3rd down which would have prevented us from having a chance and we drove down for the winning FG as time expired. Peyton had better #s against us but Ben was much better against us,

I don't even know what we're arguing about anymore. So many topics of things that don't mean ****. If the Jets were worth a damn they would've beaten the Steelers.

The tone was set for a half of play and then the Jets decided "Hey, let's actually score some ****ing points". Awesome

I don't even know what we're arguing about anymore. So many topics of things that don't mean ****. If the Jets were worth a damn they would've beaten the Steelers.

you have never heard of momentum? The great Giants went almost 2 qtrs w/o scoring vs. NE, sometimes these things happen in games.

you have never heard of momentum? The great Giants went almost 2 qtrs w/o scoring vs. NE, sometimes these things happen in games.

I have. I have! Yayyyyy

Momentum starts somewhere. One team has it then the other has it. Your point is?

so you don't think a team coming out controlling the clock for almost 10 mins to start a game gives them a momentum edge and makes it difficult for the opposing team to get going?

so you don't think a team coming out controlling the clock for almost 10 mins to start a game gives them a momentum edge and makes it difficult for the opposing team to get going?

It's happened before (I provided an example from season above). Momentum is overrated anyway considering they were down 24-3 then got on a roll (momentum) only to come up short.

It's happened before (I provided an example from season above). Momentum is overrated anyway considering they were down 24-3 then got on a roll (momentum) only to come up short.

yep, week 1 w/ a vastly superior team facing the Miami dolphins is the same thing as the Jets in the title game.

yep, week 1 w/ a vastly superior team facing the Miami dolphins is the same thing as the Jets in the title game.

I'll repeat one of my statements from earlier. "I'm saying it's within reason for a team to answer their opponent's opening drive TD with one of their own ESPECIALLY IN A GAME OF THAT MAGNITUDE. That isn't why the game was lost."

Continue putting assumptions of my comparisons all you like though.

sure it's w/in reason but it puts an O at a disadvantage, Pitt's O set the tone and put us in a bad spot. If the D played better in that first half we have a great shot to win, if the D just stopped Pitt on their last possesssion we have a great shot.

sure it's w/in reason but it puts an O at a disadvantage, Pitt's O set the tone and put us in a bad spot. If the D played better in that first half we have a great shot to win, if the D just stopped Pitt on their last possesssion we have a great shot.

Right. If the D played better or if the offense had actually put together ANY drive where points were scored they might've been in the SB

Right. If the D played better or if the offense had actually put together ANY drive where points were scored they might've been in the SB

The O got us back in the game and gave us a chance to win, the D cost us that title game.

The O got us back in the game and gave us a chance to win, the D cost us that title game.

Both sides are to blame and this happens for every team. Blame the defense for not stopping them on that last drive. Blame the offense for not outscoring them.

Back
Top Bottom