Can we finally put snachez> elli manning to bed ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we finally put snachez> elli manning to bed ?

So Big Ben leads a game winning drive despite a poor game overall and he practically won the game for the Steelers. Eli leads multiple game winning drives this playoff while playing well all game and he doesnt deserve MVP.

Im lost. I need someone to explain junc logic to me.

So Big Ben leads a game winning drive despite a poor game overall and he practically won the game for the Steelers. Eli leads multiple game winning drives this playoff while playing well all game and he doesnt deserve MVP.

Pittsburgh was up 24-3 in that game. Roethlisberger didn't lead a game winning drive (unless we're on different wavelengths here)

The pragmatic litmus test would be the market speaking:

At this point in time, I cannot think of:
1) a single team, including the jest who, if had the choice, would take Sanchez over Eli
2) No more than 6 or 7 teams at most who wouldn't trade their healthy starting QB for Eli vs.
no more than 7 or 8 teams (generously speaking) who would trade their starting QB for Sanchez
3) The likelihood that if respectively put up for trade, Eli would fetch a package including at least 2 firsts and a couple of seconds, while Sanchez would likely command a late second or early 3rd rounder in exchange.

These are the high water marks that an egalitarian unsentimental, pragmatic marketplace would realistically place on these 2 . Unless your world is viewed through green-colored vacuum-visioned lenses, you're gonna acknowledge the real world veracity of this assessment. One can argue over minutiae and ref calls to they're blue in the face: regardless, the market knows what it knows and presently doesn't consider Sanchez a valid starting QB with untoward upside. :idk:

I think Eli has ended that discussion possibly forever but just one short year ago Sanchez was the better QB, while Eli was throwing away the Giants season sanchez was helping the Jets get back to the title game. Unfortunatately for Mark the Jets D didn't play like the Giants D did this postseason or he's have a SB but Eli has certainly ended any comparisons.

I honestly have to ask.

Did you grow up either:

A) Directly under High Voltage Power lines
B) In the watershed of an industrial plant

Mark Sanchez has never ever been close to being the QB Eli Manning is... EVER. You are either the most delusional fan ever, or are simply, once again trying to stir up an argument. There is no other explanation for this ignorance. None.

I'm not the one who can't read the rulebook.

Not the quality of play, the fact that he was beat up every single week. If you watched the Jets play this year you would understand.

If he threw it when Tuck was on him he never would have been able to have such a smooth delivery and throw it as far as he did.

The D dominated those games. The only game they didn't deserve to win was the SF game b/c of the terrible call on the Bradshaw fumble.

Do you know which QB has the most TOs in the last 3 years? it's some guy I have heard is elite.

attachment.php

Every QB has near INTs, not just the ones you dislike.

Nine minute drive? So what. The game is 60 mins. Sanchez and co. could easily have answered that drive with one of their own.

And he still has more rings than you or I have ever seen.

of course every QB has dropped INts(I wonder where I heard that before) bit he threw 2 passes up for grabs into double coverage where both times SF DBs collided, add that to the fumble they recovered and not leading themn on a single scoring drive except after TOs put them in great FP- Eli did not have a great game.

A 9 min drive to start the game? are you kidding me? It was freezing that day(I was there), keeping an O on the sideline an extra 10+ mins to start a game, you don't think that could keep them out of a rythm? The tone for the game was set.

What do you and I have to do w/ anything?

10 of 19 for 133 yds and 2 INTs is a **** game. There's no way to sugar coat it

That's why we don't just look at #s, AGAIN one of the INts was a 4th down play where he had nowhere to go and he was taking a chance. The INT was one yd past the LOS and we didn't return it. Ben made a ton of plays w/ his legs to extend drives and lead to points- that doesn't show up in a stat line but trust me he was the reason we lost.

he led one GW drive this postseason, it was a big one but it was only one. he gets credit for handing off after getting a TO deep in SF territory? Ben had a poor game overall vs. Ari? Ben didn't get the MVP and rightfully so just like Eli didn't deserve it. The NYG D held maybe the greatest O ever to 14 pts 4 years ago and another great O this team to 17 pts. Eli didn't deserve either MVP.

of course every QB has dropped INts(I wonder where I heard that before) bit he threw 2 passes up for grabs into double coverage where both times SF DBs collided, add that to the fumble they recovered and not leading themn on a single scoring drive except after TOs put them in great FP- Eli did not have a great game.

You'll have to forgive me for not remembering every single pass Sanchez has thrown in his life though I'm pretty sure he's thrown balls up before (that's what she said) and had DB's miss the catch.

A 9 min drive to start the game? are you kidding me? It was freezing that day(I was there), keeping an O on the sideline an extra 10+ mins to start a game, you don't think that could keep them out of a rythm? The tone for the game was set.

If Pittsburgh could start the game off with a 9 min drive in the cold why couldn't the Jets have followed suit? What rhythm is a team in at the START of a game?

You one of those d-bags who doesn't say "we" in reference to your fave team? Don't be so touchy

You'll have to forgive me for not remembering every single pass Sanchez has thrown in his life though I'm pretty sure he's thrown balls up before (that's what she said) and had DB's miss the catch.

If Pittsburgh could start the game off with a 9 min drive in the cold why couldn't the Jets have followed suit? What rhythm is a team in at the START of a game?

You one of those d-bags who doesn't say "we" in reference to your fave team? Don't be so touchy

Of course every QB threws bad psses, makes bad reads, has INts dropped, has recs & TDs dropped but 2 passes into double covergae where DBs collided in the same game? Come one.

Was Pitt's O on the sideline for 10+ minutes anxious to get into the game? You don't think that plays a role>

I say "we" for many reasons, one is it's quicker than saying the Jets every time and the 2nd is w/ all the money I have spent on tickets and other crap through the years I deserve to say we.

Yet for the rest of time he will be known as, for now, two-time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning. I know it hurts.

That's fine, comgrats to him. I like Eli personally, he's a very nice guy but that won't change the fact that I don't believe he should have won either MVP award.

Ben was much better than his #s indicated, he won the game for Pitt.

You are basing things on stats, again Eli had 2 near INTs that he was fortunate 2 players collided on both, he also fumbled and was lucky to have his team recover it. Ben took the opening kickoff and led Pitt on a NINE minute drive to take a 7-0 lead and set the tone for the game, he led them to a 17-0 lead including a TD run. he made plays w/ his legs all day and one of those 2 INts was on a 4th down where Pitt would have lost possession anyway. let's watch the games not the boxscores

For one of the few times in his postseason career Peyton was great, unfortunately it had to be against us but he reverted back to form throwing away the SB 2 weeks later.

So he's using stats (objective truth) while you're using almost-happens?

Is that kind of like how the Jests "almost" made it to the Super Bowl, but alas, they didn't? Should we just call them the 2010 NFL Super Bowl Champs? lol

So he's using stats (objective truth) while you're using almost-happens?

Is that kind of like how the Jests "almost" made it to the Super Bowl, but alas, they didn't? Should we just call them the 2010 NFL Super Bowl Champs? lol

I'm using firsthand knowledge of that game, seeing every play and not relying on a stat sheet to tell me something my eyes already know. Stats tell part of the story, Sanchez had great #s that day and had a good game but ben was better despite his #s being MUCH worse.

Of course every QB threws bad psses, makes bad reads, has INts dropped, has recs & TDs dropped but 2 passes into double covergae where DBs collided in the same game? Come one.

As I said before, I don't claim to have seen every pass thrown by every QB in each week of the NFL season so I can't tell you. I'd imagine it happens more than just to Eli Manning.

Was Pitt's O on the sideline for 10+ minutes anxious to get into the game? You don't think that plays a role?

Numerous teams have scored on their opening possession and had the opponents do the same thing (Dolphins did in the opener vs NE last year. It was a 7 mins 14 sec TD drive. New England then scored on their first possession in half the time. Now, was this possible b/c it was warm weather? Will that be your reasoning?).

That's fine, comgrats to him. I like Eli personally, he's a very nice guy but that won't change the fact that I don't believe he should have won either MVP award.

That's fine by me too. He doesn't care.

I say "we" for many reasons, one is it's quicker than saying the Jets every time and the 2nd is w/ all the money I have spent on tickets and other crap through the years I deserve to say we.

That's alright, I used to do the same thing. I don't anymore (no real reason).

That's why we don't just look at #s, AGAIN one of the INts was a 4th down play where he had nowhere to go and he was taking a chance. The INT was one yd past the LOS and we didn't return it. Ben made a ton of plays w/ his legs to extend drives and lead to points- that doesn't show up in a stat line but trust me he was the reason we lost..

He had 21 yds on 11 carries (a 2 yard TD and a fumble in the end zone for a safety). He extended plays? He had 10 completions in 19 pass attempts (one of which you say was BS b/c it was a 4th down pass he took a chance), how is that extending plays?

As I said before, I don't claim to have seen every pass thrown by every QB in each week of the NFL season so I can't tell you. I'd imagine it happens more than just to Eli Manning.

Numerous teams have scored on their opening possession and had the opponents do the same thing (Dolphins did in the opener vs NE last year. It was a 7 mins 14 sec TD drive. New England then scored on their first possession in half the time. Now, was this possible b/c it was warm weather? Will that be your reasoning?).

That's fine by me too. He doesn't care.

That's alright, I used to do the same thing. I don't anymore (no real reason).

so you are comparing a game in week 1 w/ a superior team against an inferiror team vs. an AFC Championship on the road? Really?

He had 21 yds on 11 carries (a 2 yard TD and a fumble in the end zone for a safety). He extended plays? He had 10 completions in 19 pass attempts (one of which you say was BS b/c it was a 4th down pass he took a chance), how is that extending plays?

Extending plays w/ his legs doesn't mean rushing w/ the football. There were numerous times we thought we had him or the play covered only to watch him buy time and make play inclding on the 2 biggest plays late in the game to seal the loss.

You don't have to put up eye popping #s to have a good game or a major impact on a game.

On the first drive of the game we had Pitt in a 3rd and 12 situation at our 25, Ben scrambled for 12 yds and the 1st down which set up the TD. Going to 3-0 vs. 7-0 in that spot is a HUGE difference. That doesnt' show up in a boxscore. Just another example

Back
Top Bottom