Can we lose if 34 gets 30 touches? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we lose if 34 gets 30 touches?

You guys like talking about the 2000 ravens but you don't realize that their offense actually had success running the ball with a Rookie named Jamal Lewis. They converted on first down very well and connected passes. They had shannon sharpe, no offense to Randy but he has a way to go to get up there. They had a good offensive line which they still do and were better offensive overall. They also had a quarterback that could make throws accurately when his receivers were open, unlike jay fieldler.

Ricky getting 30+ carries is strongly correlated with us winning largely because Ricky getting 30+ carries is a signal of how the game is proceeding. There may be a causal relationship in there but it is not the causal relationship that the topic of this thread seems to suggest.

Ricky got 30+ carries the other day because of our defense. Thats the whole of it. The defense dominated the Ravens so much that we were afforded the benefit of being able to run Ricky a lot to run down the clock. Heck when we got a 3 point lead it almost seemed like that was insurmountable for the Ravens, until Griese threw that dumb pick right where Ed Reed could grab it.

If Ricky's averaging 4.5 ypc and he gets 30+ then I guess you might say that our running the ball 30+ times really contributed in large part to us winning the game. But when Ricky is averaging like 3.0 ypc and gets 30+ carries, and we win, both of those things are most likely occurring because our defense is dominating.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Ricky getting 30+ carries is strongly correlated with us winning largely because Ricky getting 30+ carries is a signal of how the game is proceeding. There may be a causal relationship in there but it is not the causal relationship that the topic of this thread seems to suggest.

Ricky got 30+ carries the other day because of our defense. Thats the whole of it. The defense dominated the Ravens so much that we were afforded the benefit of being able to run Ricky a lot to run down the clock. Heck when we got a 3 point lead it almost seemed like that was insurmountable for the Ravens, until Griese threw that dumb pick right where Ed Reed could grab it.

If Ricky's averaging 4.5 ypc and he gets 30+ then I guess you might say that our running the ball 30+ times really contributed in large part to us winning the game. But when Ricky is averaging like 3.0 ypc and gets 30+ carries, and we win, both of those things are most likely occurring because our defense is dominating.

and the point i was making was that against good offensive teams you cant do that. i really dont care about the ravens cus the ravens dont have a QB and they are beatable now.

Dolfan984. Get out of here. You have nothing to add, I take offense and so does everybody else here that all you want to do is proclaim Fiedler and bash Griese. We understand damn it.

And since when has Fiedler ever made defenses pay for not respecting the pass? What the first N.E. game last year?

Back
Top Bottom