Can we not have Intelligent Threads? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we not have Intelligent Threads?

Phin Phanatic

Starter
Reaction score
Ok this is brutal!

Everyday I come on this site and sit on the sidelines, so to speak, to view some of the most pointless, insipid threads get rehashed.

"what's your game day routine?" What kind of BS is that...

Then yesterday someone starts a logical "keys to the game" thread. This is true Dolphins talk...

Then I make my first post in a few months and retort with an intelligent comment and no one comments on it? Everybody runs to stupid traditions posts but no one can follow up on the first intelligent post in a long time?

CMON!

Anyway,

Here's my keys to the game!

um....

Wouldn't that be the keys to the game every week...

Try this for specifics:

Did you know that the Chargers have let up a TD pass to the opposing TE in all 4 games? That means you'll want to look for big Fasano in the redzone.

Did you know the Chargers are in the bottom third for allowing TD passes this year? That means try to get the ball to Ginn early and often. I believe this is somewhat of a breakout game for him (5 catches 88 yards and a touch)

Did you know that the Dolphins have gone three and out with their first possession in all three games this year? That means the Phins may want to set a lofty goal of getting, I don't know, A FIRST DOWN with the opening possession.

Did you know that the Dolphins scored first last game and won the game while they let up points first in the other two games, both for losses? That means the Dolphins will be better off putting up some kind of points early.

I dig your thread, but I believe these are the true keys to the game....

Wow, relax man, this is a message board. If you don't like a thread don't read it.

what are talking about? I don't see foolish posts anywhere.
Wanny-1.jpg

Ok this is brutal!

Everyday I come on this site and sit on the sidelines, so to speak, to view some of the most pointless, insipid threads get rehashed.

Then yesterday someone starts a logical "keys to the game" thread. This is true Dolphins talk...

Then I make my first post in a few months and retort with an intelligent comment and no one comments on it? Everybody runs to stupid traditions posts but no one can follow up on the first intelligent post in a long time?

CMON!

Anyway,

um....

Try this for specifics:

Did you know that the Chargers have let up a TD pass to the opposing TE in all 4 games? That means you'll want to look for big Fasano in the redzone.

Did you know the Chargers are in the bottom third for allowing TD passes this year? That means try to get the ball to Ginn early and often. I believe this is somewhat of a breakout game for him (5 catches 88 yards and a touch)

Did you know that the Dolphins have gone three and out with their first possession in all three games this year? That means the Phins may want to set a lofty goal of getting, I don't know, A FIRST DOWN with the opening possession.

Did you know that the Dolphins scored first last game and won the game while they let up points first in the other two games, both for losses? That means the Dolphins will be better off putting up some kind of points early.

I dont usually bash a post, in fact i dont believe i ever have BUT.

If we were to follow your guidline there would be at most THREE posts on this message board.
1) our free agaents aquired
2) official game thread
3) Our cut players

This is a place to share our excitement for OUR team- for some people this is one of the top 5-10 things they enjoy (family, friends,jobs going first)
AND when you go to place to share your excitement you dont JUST discuss FACT A and FACT B, you go to discuss everything- from where you watch the game and what superstitions you believe in to help us win.

IF YOU WANT JUST NEWS you go to the herald
when you want to share you GO HERE

See no point or post is worthless, not even this one
:err:

You shouldn't complain about that, bro. It's freedom of speech.

But there are other sites to visit, too, to get some Dolphin talk. My day always starts and ends here at FH, but in between I usually head over to www.thephinsider.com and to www.phinphanatic.com. Those are two sites (blogs, I suppose) that have some intelligent posts from time to time. But they also have some crap at times as well. But all three (FH and those two blogs) are good places to check in at every day and participate because some of their stuff is indeed interesting to discuss and isn't just fluff and "ra-ra" type crap.

Ok this is brutal!

clear.gif

CMON!

Anyway,

um....

GOOD POST FROM THIS POINT ONWARD

Try this for specifics:

Good statistic but has been covered in one of the more insipid threads you must disdain

So let's get Tony on the line and emphasize the importance of not going through the motions early on; have his number??

that's an interesting observation that does resonate, thanks, but if only our wishes can come true.

to me the true key to the game is whether our D can sustain pressure on Rivers so that he doesn't pick apart our DBs. If so, we have a puncher's chance to win this.

some chewable meat once you get through the unintelligible gristle, thanks.
PS: I'm probably a bigger Attention Whore than you, so don't take it personally.

I dont usually bash a post, in fact i dont believe i ever have BUT.

If we were to follow your guidline there would be at most THREE posts on this message board.
1) our free agaents aquired
2) official game thread
3) Our cut players

This is a place to share our excitement for OUR team- for some people this is one of the top 5-10 things they enjoy (family, friends,jobs going first)
AND when you go to place to share your excitement you dont JUST discuss FACT A and FACT B, you go to discuss everything- from where you watch the game and what superstitions you believe in to help us win.

IF YOU WANT JUST NEWS you go to the herald
when you want to share you GO HERE

See no point or post is worthless, not even this one
:err:

right on, especially since i guess 99% or more of the posters here have no college or pro football knowledge/experience ... having discussions about strategies, stats, tendencies when in fact little people have knowledge of the game and just enjoy watching it bears the impossible. This is a message board to voice every thoughts any dolfan has, limited to one simple rule: respect others. And one single purpose: have fun.

dude, calm down! you have to give people time to look at and analyze it. if most of the other threads are useless banter, you don't want people that don't know what they're talking about commenting in the thread anyway... let the people who engage in serious dicussion get involved.

(BTW the better serious football talk is in the VIP ;) )

Try this for specifics:

the problems with these gameplans is that what you listed as their weaknesses - they are VERY aware of. i'm sure the Chargers are/have been trying to address these weaknesses every week. I'm also sure that our coaching staff has identified these weaknesses and probably did the same thing in preparation for it.

you make points on the first downs and scoring thing though. i think i remember hearing last week that the Dolphins have the longest dry-spell streak in the NFL of consecutive starts without a TD on the opening drive. we haven't had one in a long time.... even the Cardinals, Lions, Falcons, Bengals, Browns, and Raiders have all scored on their opening possession more recently than us.

regarding first downs - you are correct. this teams seems to start slow every week. i wish they'd just come out of the gates running. i also heard that a lot of coaches script their entire first series or two of plays. so if you have it scripted, why not practice those first plays a LOT to get them down pat for the game?

lastly, regarding scoring... you are right again. we are NOT a "come from behind" team.... if we get down, we'll be out. we just don't have the offensive firepower to come back from behind. Yes we put up 38 points last week, but that is a huge anomaly. we had the benefit of surprise... we don't have that anymore. every other week we struggle to put up a score or two on the board it seems.

we either need to open up the playbook again with different crazy plays, or keep the offense churning, because SD is a points-happy team, constantly putting up 30-40 points on the board. we have to hope to stop that.

fingers crossed...

Umm and your post is better than some of the ones you complain about HOW?

You mean you dont like the, "I have been checking the stats and we are going to finish 11-5" threads? Or how about the "Its only week (insert week # here)"

or how about the "would you buy a (insert player name here) jersey"

or my personal favorite, "the official lookalike thread"

Yo dude, I took the time to read your ridiculas thread! Really. If no one responds the thread disapears. Dont be a thread Nazi just move along to the next one.:shakeno:

actually, I am probably the only intelligent poster around here.

People also know that and it makes them angry.

Incoming flame.

I am glad to address this as I am often amazed at how confused about what people belive a forum is all about. Finheaven is a place for fans of the Miami Dolphins to come and express themselves. It is a community. This is where fans can share thoughts ideas etc. about the Miami Dolphins or whatever they want. We are all fans, of all ages, sex, and yes even football knowledge. Be tolerant of that as everyone has a right to be here and be the kind of fan they want to be. We are a site by fans and for ALL fans. We have created a VIP option where you will find more focused type and serious football conversation. If you really want to just have that, then just click on the join VIP button and jump right in.

But all in all, we have the best members on the web. I have seen everyone from college kids, to attorneys, to sports media, and player families come to this site and talk about the Fins.

Enjoy the fact that by a very, very, large margin this is the busiest and largest Miami Dolphin community on the web. If you want to know what the fans think...you come to FinHeaven.

-Matt

right on, especially since i guess 99% or more of the posters here have no college or pro football knowledge/experience ... having discussions about strategies, stats, tendencies when in fact little people have knowledge of the game and just enjoy watching it bears the impossible. This is a message board to voice every thoughts any dolfan has, limited to one simple rule: respect others. And one single purpose: have fun.

Absolutly, i wanted to emphasize your first point because its so important. The age range on this board goes from teens to seniors some with a wide range of knowledge on the sport. I would not doubt that there are a few that only know who the quarterback is and they think the dolphin logo is cool.

This may be their first step to becoming a [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']knowledgeable[/FONT] football fan. They come here BECAUSE of our logo and gradually pick up on the x's and o's of the game until they can hold their own in a football discussion.

This board is to help those early fans learn and make it NOT seem like learning. WE ARE NOT SPORTS WRITERS. we are peole that share something that we ALL have in common- the Miami Dolphins
:njfin:
and that is all

Back
Top Bottom