Can we PLEASE stop with the WR bit? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Can we PLEASE stop with the WR bit?

LeftCoastPhin

Getting geeked for 2003!!
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I'm sick of seeing FA WR on a lot of people's wish list, it makes no sense! Unless a guy like Robinson just BLOWS the coaches away with his new found re-habbed physical ability, why bother? There just isnt anybody worth signing! We have....

Chambers
McKnight
Thompson
Rodgers
Toss up between Baker, Simmons, Tolver, and lord knows who else. We did not draft freaking Sam Simmons or this new kid Tolver so we can sign some washed up vet to make the team! Let's move on folks! Unless Robinson amazes, there is nothing out there! Robinson is worth a LOOK, but dont freak out if we dont sign him.

I agree..I'm sick of it. Can we please move on. Our WR's are going to suprise alot of people this year. The Receivers are in Norv's System so they will succeed..

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin
I'm sorry, but I'm sick of seeing FA WR on a lot of people's wish list, it makes no sense! Unless a guy like Robinson just BLOWS the coaches away with his new found re-habbed physical ability, why bother? There just isnt anybody worth signing! We have....

Chambers
McKnight
Thompson
Rodgers
Toss up between Baker, Simmons, Tolver, and lord knows who else. We did not draft freaking Sam Simmons or this new kid Tolver so we can sign some washed up vet to make the team! Let's move on folks! Unless Robinson amazes, there is nothing out there! Robinson is worth a LOOK, but dont freak out if we dont sign him.

If we keep 5 WRs, which is possible, I agree with you that Chambers, McKnight, and Thompson are three of those five. Rogers is now considered a WR, but he may be a 6th WR if he is counted as primarily a ST'er. That would leave us with two remaining spots at WR. If Rogers is considered one of the 5 and we keep only 5, then we only need one more. I think they'll keep 6 if Rogers is included.

1--Chambers
2--McKnight
3--Thompson (should be #2 by the opener)
4--veteran not yet with team
5--Young WR (one of the NFL Europe guys, Simmons, or a rookie)
6--Rogers

It is this #4 WR that we need. In fact, if we sign Gadsden or some other solid veteran FA (Robinson if he impresses, or some June 1 casualty), this WR could compete for the #2 or #3 positions. In fact, this is what many are calling for...a solid veteran who can improve our WR corps, push McKnight and Thompson, and perhaps even be good enough to start opposite Chambers. If we do keep 6 WRs and we do not sign another veteran FA, then two of the WRs from the #5 group will make the team.

Other than Robinson ........

Name me another veteran free agent wr worth signing?

Originally posted by minus

Right now, Gadsden. After June 1, it depends on who gets released. I have heard that Mushin Muhammad might get released by Carolina. He could be worth a look. I'm unsure about J.J. Stokes...he'll get released, I'm not sure how much he'd help us. There could be others.

Wanne has been saying that since Norv only uses a max of 3 WRs, we only need CC, McK and Thompson. Of course, if one gets hurt, we have Baker or soemone getting lots of PT....Seems to me Wanne will not be bringing in anyone to start and basically hoping all 3 guys stay healthy or Rodgers or a youngin can play

You know what Im sick and tired of!??.....Im sick and tired of waiting around for Wanny to bring in a solid WR.....and i dont mean Robinson..... Gadsen himself at this point would be questionable, mostly do to injuries and thats even if we offer a contract ....I am also sick and tired of hearing about Baker or any other NFLE WRs making our roster, these guys are all a bunch of scrubs and if they make our roster then Id be seriously concerned about our WR position.....

Wanny said it himself, he can get a good WR "anytime".....well i want to see his genuis ass pull a rabbit out of this hat!!!

I believe WanneTurnSpeil considers McKnight and Thompson to be good receivers. I think wanne is looking at Chambers and McKnight (fast and faster) on the outside and Thomspon (quick and big) in the slot as a good starting recieving core... Not the best in the league, but capable of top ten in total passing production... All 3 with at least a year under Turner...

Unless someone really desireable falls into our lap at the league minimum, I think thats the starting 3 some.

Originally posted by 13isgr81
I believe WanneTurnSpeil considers McKnight and Thompson to be good receivers. I think wanne is looking at Chambers and McKnight (fast and faster) on the outside and Thomspon (quick and big) in the slot as a good starting recieving core... Not the best in the league, but capable of top ten in total passing production... All 3 with at least a year under Turner...

Unless someone really desireable falls into our lap at the league minimum, I think thats the starting 3 some.

yeah, i hear you...but thats something im not to comfy with.

We've got Baker, our 5th rounder and Sam Simmons from last year. Let these guys duke it out for the 4th WR spot as Wanny already stated we aren't going 4 wide at all this year. So the only way these guys get in is providing breathers to the others or if someone gets hurt. We've got draft picks invested in all these guys so we gotta see if they can come in and play first. If not some WR will get dumped even late into preseason that we can pick up then.

Re: Hey, I think...

Originally posted by RHoffman
Billy Joe Toliver....I mean J.R. Tolver can turn it around...

Go MIAMI.:D

For some reason I think Tolver its going to be the surprise of camp.I sure hope I'm right!!!:D

Originally posted by WCoastFin
You know what Im sick and tired of!??.....Im sick and tired of waiting around for Wanny to bring in a solid WR.....and i dont mean Robinson..... Gadsen himself at this point would be questionable, mostly do to injuries and thats even if we offer a contract ....I am also sick and tired of hearing about Baker or any other NFLE WRs making our roster, these guys are all a bunch of scrubs and if they make our roster then Id be seriously concerned about our WR position.....

Wanny said it himself, he can get a good WR "anytime".....well i want to see his genuis ass pull a rabbit out of this hat!!!

What's the rush?? You've seen Miami play patient all off-season thus far and it's payed off... Why sign Robinson right now when someone better could be cut in June... Had Miami not been patient since the beginning, they would of signed some huge contracts and not been able to get the amount of talent we have right now at reasonable prices.. It just makes no sense to sign a WR right now and not wait... Miami played patient with Sammy Knight, and look at him now.. He wants to play for Miami and maybe will be signing a contract at half the price than if we signed him 2 weeks before the draft.. Just think about it bro. and be patient.. It's worked thus far.. Although I do agree with you about the NFLE WR's, I don't think they'll do jack sh*t for Miami..

HOORAH:drinker:

Originally posted by minus

Another WR worth signing for cheap like Robinson(minimum or a little higher? Germane Crowell.. he is also younger..

Back
Top Bottom