can we win the superbowl with...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

can we win the superbowl with......

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
gus frerotte? not this year but do you think with the right players around him can we win it with him. i think if we get a few dominate lineman in free agency and a stud corner we have a chance next year with frerotte.

Ever hear of Brad Johnson, Doug Williams?, etc., all average guys who won SB's.

Can we win it with Gus? Possible, a la Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, etc. Can we get there with Gus? Less likely. Is Gus a long term (or even intermediate term) qb for this team? No way. He might be the starter next year while our qb of the future learns the system, but I can't see him here in anything but a backup role beyond that.

Some of you may be too young to remember a QB named David Woodley....Gus is at least as good as him.

i did not ask if brad johnson, dilfer or any other average qb's could win the superbowl i ask if gus could? just say yes or no dont be a SA.

nolefin said:

David Woodley, Dolphins QB in 1983, when he took us to the SB
when you were 3 years old. :lol:

Roman529 said:
David Woodley, Dolphins QB in 1983, when he took us to the SB
when you were 3 years old. :lol:

i know who woodley is, i was saying wtf to your remark you did dot answer my question, and just because you are older than me does not give you the right to be a smart <removed>

Mod Edit: The profanity filter is there for a reason. Don't try to circumvent it. First warning.

nolefin said:
i know who woodley is, i was saying wtf to your remark you did dot answer my question, and just because you are older than me does not give you the right to be a smart ***!
He was implying since Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer and other average QBs won the superbowl, why can't Gus? So, his response is yes. lol.

nolefin said:
i know who woodley is, i was saying wtf to your remark you did dot answer my question, and just because you are older than me does not give you the right to be a smart ***!

Dude Chill!!! He wasn't being a smart a**. He was just pointing out that there have been average guys before that have won a super bowl.

Dolfan5000 said:
He was implying since Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer and other average QBs won the superbowl, why can't Gus? So, his response is yes. lol.

yes but he should have said i think gus can do it because other average qb's have done it before, not some smart *** remark like uhh ever heard of brad johnson or doug williams uhh dilfer sure i have heard of these guys i have been watching football for 18 years!

Dolfan5000 said:
He was implying since Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer and other average QBs won the superbowl, why can't Gus? So, his response is yes.lol.
:yeahthat:

nolefin said:
gus frerotte? not this year but do you think with the right players around him can we win it with him. i think if we get a few dominate lineman in free agency and a stud corner we have a chance next year with frerotte.

If he was the starter in 2006 (which by the way, I think he'll be the only QB on the roster now that'll be here next year) with the right people around him, yes we could win the SB.

Trent Green is 35 (Gus will be 35 next year), and still going strong. With a full year in the system, and with the receivers, backs, and Gus all on the same page I think they could definitely make a strong push. He's signed to a very cap friendly deal which expires after next season (when he'll probably retire).

So far this year, he's making enough plays, and definitely eliminating any big mistakes unlike last year.

Back
Top Bottom