can we win the superbowl with...... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

can we win the superbowl with......

Our o-line will improve but we need a better QB for the superbowl

nolefin said:
i know who woodley is, i was saying wtf to your remark you did dot answer my question, and just because you are older than me does not give you the right to be a smart <removed>

Mod Edit: The profanity filter is there for a reason. Don't try to circumvent it. First warning.

**circumvent**

ummmm ... wut does "circumvent" mean ? :confused:

[S][T][O][R][M] said:
**circumvent**

ummmm ... wut does "circumvent" mean ? :confused:

Circumvent...it means basically to overide something....the profanity filter keeps people from using the F word for example....

Yes. we are a superbowl team, i told everyone this on the preseason prediction thread and peopel called me crazy. All we needed was a coach. Our team does not suck, Nick Saban is not making scrubs look great because hes a guru. Don't get me wrong nick saban is a top 10 coach imo, but we have GOOD players. We have an above average team. It's no surprise wannstedt is 1-4 in the NCAA losing to teams such as rutgers and ohio, and the only win came against a bad Div II school. If we had a good coah in the years wanny was coach i'd say we would have at least 2 superbowls.

pwn3dyo said:
Yes. we are a superbowl team, i told everyone this on the preseason prediction thread and peopel called me crazy. All we needed was a coach. Our team does not suck, Nick Saban is not making scrubs look great because hes a guru. Don't get me wrong nick saban is a top 10 coach imo, but we have GOOD players. We have an above average team. It's no surprise wannstedt is 1-4 in the NCAA losing to teams such as rutgers and ohio, and the only win came against a bad Div II school. If we had a good coah in the years wanny was coach i'd say we would have at least 2 superbowls.
Yeah, the year we went 10-6 with Ricky, if we had a coach to go along with that talent we had we would've of certainly have been in the SB.

nolefin said:
i did not ask if brad johnson, dilfer or any other average qb's could win the superbowl i ask if gus could? just say yes or no dont be a SA.

Well, what kind of question is that? Who knows? Just take it one game at a time.

But Gus probably wont be here in a few years when we are capable of contending for a SB.

And if he is, we would have to have a GREAT defense that plays consistent and a GREAT offensive line. Gus is NOT a QB that can win games by himself. He has played for 25 teams in 5 years for a reason.

absolutely not with Gus. He is simply too inaccurate to be able to make it through a playoff gauntlet of top defenses. Johnson, Dilfer and Williams were all superior quarterbacks to Gus. Gus has the ability to take us to the playoffs much like Fiedler could. That is about as far as he can take us.

adamprez2003 said:
absolutely not with Gus. He is simply too inaccurate to be able to make it through a playoff gauntlet of top defenses. Johnson, Dilfer and Williams were all superior quarterbacks to Gus. Gus has the ability to take us to the playoffs much like Fiedler could. That is about as far as he can take us.

Williams, Johnson, and Dilfer are not superior to Gus at all. Gus is accurate enough, no he's not perfect, but I havn't seen too many bad passes from him and the passes that were bad were to areas that nobody could get to them.

Those 3 mentioned QB's simply had one or two good years in them with a good cast around them (like Gus) and a stellar D (like Gus does) that made them perform at a higher level (like Gus is).

GUS WILL SURPISE ALL THIS YEAR
Next year probly not, so let's ride it while it's still fun to ride.:)

nolefin said:
yes but he should have said i think gus can do it because other average qb's have done it before, not some smart *** remark like uhh ever heard of brad johnson or doug williams uhh dilfer sure i have heard of these guys i have been watching football for 18 years!

You are one strange dude! Seriously, if you cant understand a response without getting all bent out of shape, stay off the boards! You are wigging out over nothing. The guy is saying Yes, Gus can win, look at these other QBS who won and are average like Gus.

The Sabanator said:
Well, what kind of question is that? Who knows? Just take it one game at a time.

But Gus probably wont be here in a few years when we are capable of contending for a SB.

And if he is, we would have to have a GREAT defense that plays consistent and a GREAT offensive line. Gus is NOT a QB that can win games by himself. He has played for 25 teams in 5 years for a reason.

Got news for ya' we are capable of contending for the SB right now.

Finsletmedown said:
top 5 average/journeymen QB to win a Superbowl

1. Brad Johnson
2. Trent Dilfer
3. Jeff Hostetler
4. Doug Williams
5. Kurt Warner
As average (or below average) as kurt Warner is right now not withstanding; when Kurt Warner took the Rams to the Superbowl and won it, he was the top Qb in the league, by far.

nolefin said:
i did not ask if brad johnson, dilfer or any other average qb's could win the superbowl i ask if gus could? just say yes or no dont be a SA.
Hes just pointing out that if they can win a superbowl then gus could to, :shakeno:

Winbaby#23 said:
Tom Brady

Tom Brady is an average quarterback? :lol:

welcome to my ignore list... your opinion officially no longer counts...

ajajaj said:
Williams, Johnson, and Dilfer are not superior to Gus at all. Gus is accurate enough, no he's not perfect, but I havn't seen too many bad passes from him and the passes that were bad were to areas that nobody could get to them.

Those 3 mentioned QB's simply had one or two good years in them with a good cast around them (like Gus) and a stellar D (like Gus does) that made them perform at a higher level (like Gus is).

GUS WILL SURPISE ALL THIS YEAR
Next year probly not, so let's ride it while it's still fun to ride.:)

dilfer is currently the 6th highest rated qb in the nfl, johnson had only one year, his first, where he completed less than 60% of his passes ( and his first year it was 59.5%). and williams threw a beautiful deep pass and was head and shoulders above gus his super bowl year.

Back
Top Bottom