Cap Article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cap Article

satz

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Oct 3, 2006
Messages
1,207
Reaction score
3
Age
45
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16181357.htm

Sorry if this is a repost. But as you can see their is not a lot of room to sign anyone.

the Dolphins at 17.4 million will be in a market in which 16 teams will be more than $20 million under the cap, with at least seven of those -- Arizona, San Francisco, Tennessee, Minnesota, Buffalo, St. Louis and Green Bay -- $30 million or more under the $109 million cap
 

PYRO

Necromancer
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
2,036
Reaction score
825
Location
Florida
It is a sad thing. This was suposed to be a Miami power season full of 1-2 year contracts of good players. But as all could see that did not happen and all the time and money spent to make this a awsome terrifying team was destroyed. Hopefully we can keep most of the players who have made a difference this season.
 

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
6,910
Reaction score
11
Location
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
We'll have more once the off-season gets here. There will be some re-structuring of certain contracts, along with some outright releases, which will open up some more room......

PHINZ RULE!!!!
 

trainwreck

ALL PAIN, NO GAIN TRAIN
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
773
Reaction score
0
Location
Kansas City , MO
satz said:
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16181357.htm

Sorry if this is a repost. But as you can see their is not a lot of room to sign anyone.

the Dolphins at 17.4 million will be in a market in which 16 teams will be more than $20 million under the cap, with at least seven of those -- Arizona, San Francisco, Tennessee, Minnesota, Buffalo, St. Louis and Green Bay -- $30 million or more under the $109 million cap

Yeah, I read a similar article like that one yesterday...
First you think that your team has a ton of $$$ to spend on free agents.
Then you find out that 16 other teams will have more cap room
than you...

Here is another imformative article: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/16181357.htm
 

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
27,757
Reaction score
8,707
Location
FL
this means the Pats won't resign Asante Samuel, some team would gladly give him more money
 

emocomputerjock

With stolen wings and evil ways
Joined
Mar 13, 2006
Messages
2,575
Reaction score
1
16 other teams have more cap space than we do? Great, let the likes of Arizona, San Francisco, Tennessee, Minnesota, Buffalo, St. Louis and Green Bay overpay for free agents while we make one or two quality signings and get our draft class in order. We'll be better for it in the long run.
 

InMyChambers

Sniper
Joined
Aug 16, 2002
Messages
1,163
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
south jersey
the worst part of this is look how time it took last year and this year for the unit's to play together effectively. they mostly blamed the new personnel and coaches and hopefully the coaches remain the same but i see a high turnover of players in our future which won't be good. especially on the DL.
 

dolpns13

Taste the Burn
Club Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2005
Messages
29,981
Reaction score
921
Location
New Jersey
InMyChambers said:
the worst part of this is look how time it took last year and this year for the unit's to play together effectively. they mostly blamed the new personnel and coaches and hopefully the coaches remain the same but i see a high turnover of players in our future which won't be good. especially on the DL.
When Holiday and Carter came in they contributed immediately and it seemed thay knew exactly what they were doing right off the bat and didnt lose a step in this defense. Hopefully we can get some impact players like that that can contribute at a high level immediately...After repeated talk from the people on this board, I am hoping we do sign Hamlin this offseason...He would be a great addition
 

M14M1F4N

Practice Squad
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
Just remember this salary cap monkey that is on our back is the real problem with the team. So no one blame Saban because the other exDolphin yahoos screwed everything up. Saban has to clean up the mess before he can mold the Dolphins into the team he wants.

That's my opinion on the whole matter.
 

johngarryvo

The Voice
Joined
Jul 24, 2005
Messages
5,184
Reaction score
555
Location
Calabasas, CA
M14M1F4N said:
Just remember this salary cap monkey that is on our back is the real problem with the team. So no one blame Saban because the other exDolphin yahoos screwed everything up. Saban has to clean up the mess before he can mold the Dolphins into the team he wants.

That's my opinion on the whole matter.

and your 'opinion' my brutha...is ROCKK SOLID!
 
Top Bottom