Cap space and next years FA's? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cap space and next years FA's?

Anyone else think it's possible our combination of cap space and draft picks over the next 2 years attracts some huge name Ross is unable to say "No" to?

Especially if it's guaranteed we get the #1 pick in the draft and Tua declares etc...?

We have four 1'st round picks and four 2'nd round picks in the next 2 years.... O_O

It would be unfair to Flores and Grier honestly, but I could also see Grier staying as a GM without full control and Flores ending up with the short stick..

Huh? Cody Whitehair, La’el Collins, and Rodney Hudson have all signed extensions in the past three weeks. Those are the three I can remember off the top of my head. And they would have been three of the more attractive free agents after this season.
They are definitely on the top of the list but there are others is all I'm saying. It's very rare all top OL FAs resign. Stealing thuney from NE would be great. I'd take bulaga from GB in a heartbeat. I'm also a big fan of schreff.

They are definitely on the top of the list but there are others is all I'm saying. It's very rare all top OL FAs resign. Stealing thuney from NE would be great. I'd take bulaga from GB in a heartbeat. I'm also a big fan of schreff.

I’d bet Sherff and Bulaga re-sign with the Skins & Pack. I could see the Pats letting Thuney go, because why pay big for linemen when anyone they plug in plays competently.

I’d bet Sherff and Bulaga re-sign with the Skins & Pack. I could see the Pats letting Thuney go, because why pay big for linemen when anyone they plug in plays competently.
I can't agrue cause yes it's absolutely possible they sign extensions...but we need to see...then I'd move onto Peters or Castonzo...say juat staying.

Don't get your hopes up that we will land top free agents. We are gonna have to severely over pay to get guys to come here and then they still may not want to come here. We tried to get Bridgwater here and offered him more money but he decided to stay with the saints. Clowney wanted no business with us even if we could offer him a long term contract.
Bridgewater was comfortable and believes he's the heir apparent to Drew Brees in NO.

Clowney wanted no part of a rebuild anywhere.

The rest of your post is straight bullsh!t. Living in Miami, no state income tax, free agents will always come.

And you always have to overpay the "hot" free agents, other teams are bidding for them, and you have to pry them away from their current team.

But hey, Tua is going to refuse to come here if we draft him, all good free agents aren't going to be interested, etc. etc. Wallow away in your make-believe negativity!

With the rollover from 2019, Miami is expected to have about $143m in cap space, for the start of F/A in 2020. But its expected that Rashad Jones will be cut and perhaps others, like Wilson and McCain traded or cut, adding to the total.
That's not even factoring how much the cap is going to increase this year!

Don't get your hopes up that we will land top free agents. We are gonna have to severely over pay to get guys to come here and then they still may not want to come here. We tried to get Bridgwater here and offered him more money but he decided to stay with the saints. Clowney wanted no business with us even if we could offer him a long term contract.
Every top free agent is over paid. That's what it means to be a top free agent.

If you're going to get at least one expensive FA, I'd look for a tackle or a center. Or even both. If Tua is the plan, the OL becomes the priority.

If you're going to get at least one expensive FA, I'd look for a tackle or a center. Or even both. If Tua is the plan, the OL becomes the priority.
Agreed we’re gonna have to draft a tackle though not any top option Tackles will be Free agents (a big reason Why Tunsil Fetched a massive return)

There are some good Guards though we need 1 of the elite tier guards

Agreed we’re gonna have to draft a tackle though not any top option Tackles will be Free agents (a big reason Why Tunsil Fetched a massive return)

There are some good Guards though we need 1 of the elite tier guards

I haven't looked at the FA class next year, but yah we need to invest in at least one expensive FA OL plus drafting some high. It has to be fixed by next year to get progress.

Bridgewater was comfortable and believes he's the heir apparent to Drew Brees in NO.

Clowney wanted no part of a rebuild anywhere.

The rest of your post is straight bullsh!t. Living in Miami, no state income tax, free agents will always come.

And you always have to overpay the "hot" free agents, other teams are bidding for them, and you have to pry them away from their current team.

But hey, Tua is going to refuse to come here if we draft him, all good free agents aren't going to be interested, etc. etc. Wallow away in your make-believe negativity!

Truth hurts and just being real, not getting my hopes up. It's only week 2 and I think there's more to come that will give players 2nd thoughts before wanting to come here

Back
Top Bottom