Cardinals Lacking Unanimity On Decision With Top Pick, Per Peter King | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Cardinals Lacking Unanimity On Decision With Top Pick, Per Peter King

finomenal

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Who wants to lead the prayer session?

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/15/nfl-draft-az-arizona-cardinals-unanimity-peter-king/

Many reports say the Cardinals have decided on Kyler Murray. The last we have heard from anyone in the organization is they didn’t know yet.

That might still be the case, according to NBC Sports’ Peter King. In his latest weekly column, he writes that it doesn’t appear there is a unified decision yet.

I don’t believe there is unanimity inside the Cardinals building today either to take Murray, trade down for a passel of picks to a Murray-loving team, or to sit at one and take an impact player for the defense like edge-rusher Nick Bosa. Then again, if GM Steve Keim and Kingsbury both want Murray, that’s going to be the pick.

The cardinals are poorly ran. Thee decision should be easy at this point they had ample time to mull it over

It's all very weird. Arizona recently put out a promo video that contained zero Rosen highlights (bad as he was, there were some). But, if Murray is the pick (as I think he should be), there's no reason to be secretive about it. They should be shopping Rosen now.

To me it just proves even further that NFL teams draft quarterbacks without any conviction on 'em in the first place. All the stuff you hear out of teams about "believing in our guy" while he struggles or is mediocre for 3 or 5 or 7 years is complete garbage. You can't believe that stuff.

If you trade up for a quarterback to select him with the 10th pick in the draft, watch him start 13 games as a rookie on a bad football team and bail after that - you didn't have any conviction on him in the first place. So why'd you trade up for him? I mean they watched the offense the first 3 games with Sam Bradford and knew they weren't any good before switching to Rosen. You look like an idiot.

I'd tell him he either drafts the best player in the draft with the 1st pick, trades down and acquires more picks - or he's fired.

Here's what I have heard from 2 different talking heads recently regarding Murray at #1:

The football people, except Kingsbury, want a football player IE Bosa or Williams.
Kingsbury wants Murray

The owner wants to sell more season tickets.
He had the PR department float the trial balloon of taking Murray #1 to see if it substantially increased requests for season tickets. The Murray trial balloon did not effect season ticket requests at all. Barely moved the needle.
Now the owner may be changing his mind about taking Murray #1.
Maybe their GM is telling the truth when he says he has no idea what he is going to do, if this is an owner dictated decision.

Either take Murray or trade out so that someone else can or take bosa.

Really not that hard.

If they don't know what they want to do with 7 days to go then that team is doomed. What are they going to see these last 7 days that they haven't already seen?

If they don't know what they want to do with 7 days to go then that team is doomed. What are they going to see these last 7 days that they haven't already seen?

If the reports are true, I hope they ignore the coach. Trading up for Murray would be golden.

If the reports are true, I hope they ignore the coach. Trading up for Murray would be golden.
moving up from 13 would cost us our 1st round picks in 2020 and 2021 plus at least another couple of picks. Doesn't leave much to build around Murray and you better hope he doesn't quit in 3 years and go play baseball

I still think going to get Murray is on the table for Miami.

Especially if he gets to 5. If he goes #1 to zona tip your cap and move on if you won’t pay the price

I still think going to get Murray is on the table for Miami.

Especially if he gets to 5. If he goes #1 to zona tip your cap and move on if you won’t pay the price

I ageee, but let’s be real. Kyler is the #1 overall pick

I ageee, but let’s be real. Kyler is the #1 overall pick

I think that’s a pretty safe bet. But at the same time there are some premium top 5 worthy talents at positions of need for those top 4 teams at least waiting there.

Zona can have bosa or q Williams if they don’t like the offer to move if Murray’s not their guy.

And if q Williams gets to 4 I serously doubt Oakland does anything but run that card up

Back
Top Bottom