“cardinals Suckered Themselves In How They Handled Process Of Trading Josh Rosen” | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

“cardinals Suckered Themselves In How They Handled Process Of Trading Josh Rosen”

How do know the Fins didn’t offer a third. Were you in the war room? I wasn’t

I’m sure they did but then they buckled and gave into AZ’s demands. It’s still a decent trade just don’t believe AZ had any leverage to ask for a 2nd. At the end of the day if you told me last year that we’d get Minkah and Rosen and we only lost a 4th in 2019 and 5th in 2020, I’d be pretty excited. The mishandling by AZ and totality of circumstances just makes me greedy and wanted him for less.

Not just a 2nd rounder, but a late one. After trading down and getting a 2nd rounder next year. While Arizona pays for most of his contract.

They did get fleeced and with that we have a ton of picks next year to go on top of a potential franchise quarterback and perennial All-pro DT in Wilkins.

They did get fleeced and with that we have a ton of picks next year to go on top of a potential franchise quarterback and perennial All-pro DT in Wilkins.

Plus we probably found our starting LG in the 3rd round and we will have like $120 mill in cap space next year.

Me personally, I have been ok with Rosen at 48 since the day Murray declared. I thought it would take a late first but apparantely Arizona wanted a mid first and never wavered off that and probably missed out on a better package with their stubbornness.

The fact that we swapped our 4th for a 6th . . . .and picked up a 2020 2nd in the process . . . .makes the deal a no brainer.

Arizona needed a second tho . . . .just to save face. They can spin it as two draft picks and not look as bad. Plus they got Murray.

But Steal of the draft and it ain’t close. People need to realize that. This is very low risk for a legit chance at a franchise QB . . . .throw away all the talking head “3rd round” talk and the “Tank for Tua” talk for a second and realize this is by far the most talented QB we have acquired since Marino.

Whether his full potential comes to fruition is the question, but you have given yourself the clay to have a shot at a great QB.

This team needs that shot more often than we have been given it.

Rosen would have been top ten in THIS DRAFT if he stayed in school another year....possibly #1 overall and drafted by Arizona!!

Yeah, AZ @!#@$ed this situation beyond belief, but MIA came in and pulled their chestnuts out of the fire for them.

Rosen's value was a mid-second at best.
The CAD is about 74% of the USD presently so surely you're valuing him in Canadian exchange terms cuz based on just about every guru before and after the trade, Rosen's true value still was the 2nd best QB on this board..

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...m-i-dont-know-that-josh-rosen-didnt-work-out/

Steve Keim: I don’t know that Josh Rosen didn’t work out

“I don’t know that it wasn’t that he didn’t work out,” Keim said, via ESPN.com. “I would say, obviously, he was put in a tough situation last year. But I think, really, when you come down to the bottom line, is we had an opportunity to find a dynamic player that we think can be special.”

I got to think that Steve is looking over his shoulder now.

The CAD is about 74% of the USD presently so surely you're valuing him in Canadian exchange terms cuz based on just about every guru before and after the trade, Rosen's true value still was the 2nd best QB on this board..
I rarely agree with the guy but in this case, I think he's right that Rosen's market value was about a mid 2nd... I like the fact that they found a way to make the Cards happy and save face while reducing their net cost to merely 15 spots in the 2nd and a couple of late picks... This is good business and the Cards must appreciate it.

Yeah, AZ @!#@$ed this situation beyond belief, but MIA came in and pulled their chestnuts out of the fire for them.

For what they gave up in picks and money for Rosen, pick 62 and a 5th this year MIGHT have popped like 10% of a chestnut out of the conflagration, but the entire rest of the bushel are incinerated.

Completely agree with you, and I dont even like Rosen that much... If you were to only consider his age, his salary and the fact he was a top 10 overall pick just last year makes the way they handle themself here just great. The Cards absolutely wanted a 2nd so Fins found a way to give them one without actually losing one. Im pleasently surprised here.
Getting that second next year by trading down was the cherry on top. When's the last time you've seen us play something this smart? Maybe the tides are finally changing for us. Maybe, just maybe, it really was Gase and Tannenbaum pulling the strings. Grier seems to have his act together this draft.

Back
Top Bottom