Carey wanted more playing time.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carey wanted more playing time....

he could have been plugged at RG and Hadnot could have replace Seth,Whitley was a punching back and Seth was always on
his kness

djfresh47 said:
St. Clair was the best offensive linemen last year, I don't think Carey should have played unless he beat out St. Clair for the job.

Theres more than one offensive line position.

He did an ok job. But we all know that Wanny was more of a politician than a football coach. He wanted to play the veterans over the younger guys just becasue he felt like he had to be loyal to them. Screw that. If thay aint performing then you bench thier asses and put in somebody else. It's not like the o-linemen were playing good. They sucked so I don' see why they didn't play the younger players anyway. If any veteran has a problem with the coaches playing young player because they don't want to lose then they asses need to play better Zach Thomas included

I think Carey played pretty well the last to games,St Claire was consitent, and Hadnot to me was a steal

jjizzim said:
He did an ok job. But we all know that Wanny was more of a politician than a football coach. He wanted to play the veterans over the younger guys just becasue he felt like he had to be loyal to them. Screw that. If thay aint performing then you bench thier asses and put in somebody else. It's not like the o-linemen were playing good. They sucked so I don' see why they didn't play the younger players anyway. If any veteran has a problem with the coaches playing young player because they don't want to lose then they asses need to play better Zach Thomas included

Actually, I think it's less about loyalty and more about scrambling to try to save his job. He didn't put the younger guys in because he wasn't in a position to allow them to develop, even if it meant mistakes. We can all say screw it, the season is shot anyway, but he was still trying to salvage his job, IMO.

FinAtic8480 said:
Wanny should go to hell and die of Diarhea
:roflmao: I don't know why I found that so humorous. Imagine Wanny with mud-butt, it's the least he should get after a disastrous run with my Dolphins.

The main problem with this offensive line the past few years was purely the coaching, or lack thereof that it received. This coaching staff, especially LAST year, has had NO integrity. They say they played the best five guys, or that they played this guy for this reason or didn't play Carey because he wasn't developing. Well first of all, you can't develop on a line that has ZERO coaching and no rhyme or reason to it, secondly, how can we take what those guys (coaches) said at face value. The youngers players didn't play because of both reasons, Wanny's favoritism of the veterens to the younger kids and then yes, to save his job, he totally threw all kinds of monkey wrenches in the works.. It will be fun to watch this line and this offense in general with a coaching staff that has a plan, has a direction, and has a CLUE as to how to prepare and game plan.. Players have to play, true enough, but what good does it do, when the tools they're given to play with, are less than adequate to the tools their opponent is playing with.. Houck, Linehan, Baggett, Saban... they're coaches and teachers.. Wanny, Collier, Wise, they were all in over their heads, and pretenders when it came to being able to coach..

I think a big problem was Tony Wise one of Wanny's boys he sucked at coaching the offensive line when Ricky was here he made that line look decent,out goes Ricky we gave away our best offensive lineman (Todd Wade) we have problems people
.I think our old Offensive line coach did a much better Job and still is doing it in Carolina till this day,Glad we have Houck and hopefully the offensive line problems our over.

FinAtic8480 said:
I think a big problem was Tony Wise one of Wanny's boys he sucked at coaching the offensive line when Ricky was here he made that line look decent,out goes Ricky we gave away our best offensive lineman (Todd Wade) we have problems people
.I think our old Offensive line coach did a much better Job and still is doing it in Carolina till this day,Glad we have Houck and hopefully the offensive line problems our over.

Paul Boudreau sucked, and he isn't in Carolina. He's in Jacksonville.

Vernon Carey should've gotten more playing time last year but he didn't mainly because of Wanny. But he will this year and he will hopefully he will improve under Houck, and he WILL play because of Houck and Saban. Also I'm going to have to agree Oboy, everyone played better after Wanny left.

islandah said:
Actually, I think it's less about loyalty and more about scrambling to try to save his job. He didn't put the younger guys in because he wasn't in a position to allow them to develop, even if it meant mistakes. We can all say screw it, the season is shot anyway, but he was still trying to salvage his job, IMO.

Agreed, but not playing younger guys was a problem through his entire tenure. Rookies need to gain experience, even if you don't start them, but especially if the season is finished. OL rookies need more hands-on experience than any other position other than QB in order to learn.

The line played better after Wanny left because they changed (simplified) the scheme a little. Did y'all ever see that play where McMichael had to come from left TE all the way across the line to pick up a blitzer between RT and RG????

It was dumb. Just damn dumb. Good coaches put their players in a position to succeed. A play like that was putting McMichael in a position to fail. He managed to get there that one time, but how many times can you make that play?

Back
Top Bottom