Carey wanted more playing time.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carey wanted more playing time....

I know the coaching was lacking last season, but Vernon has to take some accountability for why he didn't play as well. He's always had the reputation of being a player that does just enough to get by. Last year, he apparently struggled with learning the blocking schemes. The word on him last year was that he was a guy with great natural size, raw ability, a terrific hand punch, and a very likeable guy, but he didn't know his assignents and wasn't very good on combo blocks. The latter comment means that when he combo blocked with a guard, he ended up knocking the guard off the block instead of getting the man double teamed.

Well maybe if he would have started, he would have learned these things.Or maybe he could have been the Guard,reports of Carey always said he was better Guard then a Righ Tackle

Hopefully Hawk can work with him to learn the system and maybe he will have the flexibilty to play several positions on the line. From what I have heard, learning the O-Line is not easy compared to the D-line or other positions. It sounds like most of the team is buying into Saban's system.

:)

Philter25 said:
He did an excellent job for a rookie IMO compared to the rest of the Oline.
exactly... everyone thinks that St Clair was the best lineman. I think Vernon was excellent (for a rookie) when he played.

IMO I think Carey will be better this year. He is a sophomore, more confident and now has kids on the way twins. Dad needs to provide...

Back
Top Bottom