Carl Peterson dialogue from Chiefs site.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carl Peterson dialogue from Chiefs site..

I believe this deal is officially dead. I think the Chiefs have moved on. It doesn't make me happy, but I know how Carl Peterson operates & he won't cave on this deal. Hope you guys find a taker for Surtain. I hear Arizona is now involved. Good Luck!

KChiefs1 said:
I believe this deal is officially dead. I think the Chiefs have moved on. It doesn't make me happy, but I know how Carl Peterson operates & he won't cave on this deal. Hope you guys find a taker for Surtain. I hear Arizona is now involved. Good Luck!

I don't think the deal is dead. Carl is just being pouty because he thinks the media ruined the Samari Rolle deal. He said after that he was going to stonewall the media. If you listened the interview with Chuck Cook, director of our college scouting, he tripped up several times and acted like we weren't going to have a second pick in this draft. I think they already know what it will take and are willing to do it.

Sarcastro said:
I don't think the deal is dead. Carl is just being pouty because he thinks the media ruined the Samari Rolle deal. He said after that he was going to stonewall the media. If you listened the interview with Chuck Cook, director of our college scouting, he tripped up several times and acted like we weren't going to have a second pick in this draft. I think they already know what it will take and are willing to do it.

If the Cards are willing to give up a 2nd then YES IT IS... Your pick isn't as good as theirs in the 2nd.

Jaj said:
If the Cards are willing to give up a 2nd then YES IT IS... Your pick isn't as good as theirs in the 2nd.

The Cards have to be willing to give up a 2nd and swallow Surtain's contract demands.

Why do you think the Texans traded more for Buch then they would have had to trade for Surtain?

Sarcastro said:
The Cards have to be willing to give up a 2nd and swallow Surtain's contract demands.

They'll have an easier time doing that than you will... ;)

Jaj said:
They'll have an easier time doing that than you will... ;)

Earlier in the offseason Green wouldn't sign Hartwell because he said he did not believe in giving players 10 million+ dollar signing bonues :cool:

Sarcastro said:
Earlier in the offseason Green wouldn't sign Hartwell because he said he did not believe in giving players 10 million+ dollar signing bonues :cool:

He sure as hell didn't mind giving Fitzgerald that. Besides anyway he wants he'll have to give up the dough for a #1 CB.

Jaj said:
He sure as hell didn't mind giving Fitzgerald that. Besides anyway he wants he'll have to give up the dough for a #1 CB.

The Cards have not been interested in signing big name CBs at all this offseason. They were pretty active in other areas earlier, but never really gave any of the big name CBs much of a look. I don't buy that they are serious about Surtain. If I hear something out of the organization then I will believe it, but I don't think I am going to trust Mr. King on this one.

Sarcastro said:
The Cards have not been interested in signing big name CBs at all this offseason. They were pretty active in other areas earlier, but never really gave any of the big name CBs much of a look. I don't buy that they are serious about Surtain. If I hear something out of the organization then I will believe it, but I don't think I am going to trust Mr. King on this one.

I agree, I think Surtain is a Dolphin again.

Aqua and Orange said:
I agree, I think Surtain is a Dolphin again.

If Carl is stupid enough not to give up the 2nd that is very possible. I still haven't seen any indication that he won't stop posturing and give the 2nd when he begins to feel the crunch.

Sarcastro said:
I think a 2nd would be good for both sides. The trade I really want is a 4th this year and a 2nd next. I am hoping that Miami trades down with someone, because I think it would make it more likely that Saban would be willing to take picks for next year's draft. I would be willing to give up a 2nd and 4th or 5th this year, but guys like Mr Fan make hope we end up trading down in the draft then trading a 3rd for Surtain so I can read guys like him melting down after acting like they are running the Dolphin's organization.

Also, I think it is pretty funny that people get so upset over Carl offering a 4th. Nobody should have taken that as realistically as all the Chiefs are willing to offer. Saban is basically a rookie right now.

Carl acts like one of those little dogs that think they are a pitbull. He gets a good deal sometimes, but he postures ALL of the time. He is just feeling the rook around to see if he will fold or hold his ground. I don't see how you could really expect him to act any different since he has no experience in negotiating with Saban. It would be funny, in a bad way for me as a Chiefs fan, if we end up giving a 2nd and 4th or something instead just a 2nd because of Carl's posturing. He is just fishing for the best deal possible. Maybe the Cards being alleged to enter the frey will make him hurry up.

Personally, I think we will see this deal go down for a 2nd with maybe a little more or less either way, but not much of a difference. It may not happen until the 2nd round of the draft.

I've thought all a long when push came to shove a deal would happen. And I think they will give up that second. Let's hope are both right.

If Carl is stupid enough not to give up the 2nd that is very possible. I still haven't seen any indication that he won't stop posturing and give the 2nd when he begins to feel the crunch.

Sarcastro, you don't know Carl Peterson like I do & trust me on this one....he takes everything personally & won't back down...this deal is dead.:fire:

As a Chiefs fan it sucks, but that's Carl for ya!:rolleyes:

Sorry KC :( woulda been nice for you guys good luck with Moss :eek:

Yeah but the Chiefs fans don't run the organization....King Carl does & he only worries about putting $$$$$$$$ in Lamar Hunt's bank account.:cry:

Sarcastro said:
If you listened the interview with Chuck Cook, director of our college scouting, he tripped up several times and acted like we weren't going to have a second pick in this draft. I think they already know what it will take and are willing to do it.

Thats interesting......

Can you elaborate?

When, what....etc

Back
Top Bottom