Carlos Joseph (among others) is dumb! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carlos Joseph (among others) is dumb!

Just so you guys know I've taken the wonderlic before and just cuz these guys are football players doesn't mean their scores are lower than everyone elses. The test is pretty hard. You will NOT finish all 50 questions unless you just christmas tree or start looking at questions and taking stab guesses. You get 12 minutes but I dont believe you're normally allowed a watch to time it out.

I averaged out the draftees scores and it comes to just under 22 and thats honestly sounds about normal. Nobody gets a 50. Here at Raymond James headquarters, the HR woman told me that only 1 person ever finished all 50 questions and they found out he cheated, had a copy of the test the night before and was studying it. I think I've heard of one NFL player ever doing it. A 45 is phenomenal.

One guy did it (perfect). His name is Pat McInally. He was on the NFL Network recently. He played as a Cincinatti Bengal punter I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got to say that this highlights how DUMB PFT is. These scores have been around since about 3 days after the combine.

That site is a joke.

Originally posted by ZOD
One guy did it (perfect). His name is Pat McInally. He was on the NFL Network recently. He played as a Cincinatti Bengal punter I believe.

Do tou think that had anything to do with why he chose to be a punter?

Carlos Joseph (among others) is dumb!

I realize you were just making an opening statement, but for the record the wonderlic is really a very limited test to be able to conclude a person is dumb. In different situations, others who perform well in that situation might deem any one of us dumb. Many people become mentally intimidated by short timed tests. Some very intelligent people freeze in fear at the thought of looking stupid. Even Einstein was not good thinking quickly, but preferred deep imaginative meditation to lead to intuitive conclusions rather than quick snap judgments. If you time-tested those players and most of us on football execution reads, I’d bet they’d make us look relatively dumb.

Well, I think I can name all of the Ozzy and Black sabbath albums in 12 minutes...lol and the Iron Maiden albums too for that matter.But would that make me a better football player?

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny
Well, I think I can name all of the Ozzy and Black sabbath albums in 12 minutes...lol and the Iron Maiden albums too for that matter.But would that make me a better football player?

Ozzy rules!!

QUICK! What is Ozzy's favorite in concert snack?

Ding! Time's up! The correct answer was: Raw Bat. Sorry, no contract.

I'm probably going to get slammed for saying what I'm going to say but there is no disputing that these scores indicate the level of illiteracy and lack of intelligence many of our professional athletes possess.

I'm clearly no genius and I've scored 30+ everytime I've took a Wonderlic. It's multiple choice! Mathematically, anyone can guess at EVERY question & still score a 12! A 20 is AVERAGE intelligence!

As a diehard UM fan, I'm troubled to see the scores of their current crop .... Joseph 7, Taylor/Wilfork 10, Winslow/Payton 12.

Scary thing .... according to the intelligence score, Sean Taylor is a borderline moron. He got a free ride to Gulliver Academy, a $20K a year private prep school, then he got a free ride at UM, a $30K a year private university .... boy that's a ringing endorsement for private education! Sad .... I know some pretty gifted non-athlete HS seniors with 4.5+ GPAs and 1300+ SATs that get nuthin', nada from UM.

Clearly though, general intelligence does not directly correlate to on the field performance. Look at Marino ... a Wonderlic 16 but a Hall of Fame NFL QB. It makes you wonder where he'd have been without the golden arm.... sadly... probably working in the steel mill or coal mines with his childhood buddies.

Originally posted by FinaciousOne

QUICK! What is Ozzy's favorite in concert snack?

Ding! Time's up! The correct answer was: Raw Bat. Sorry, no contract.
lol, sorry but I was taking a nap. He's also been known for doves's heads...lol

Ozzy rules!!

Liking this kid more and more. Where might he go in the draft?\

Schweigert, Stuart Purdue -28 on the test:D

I think it's just a tad overrated. I mean come on...they're jocks! They're not known for their academic "smarts". As long as they are athletic and have football smarts then they will be ok. The only players who should be reasonably smart are QB's and maybe Centers. :D

Originally posted by Noodle Arm
I think it's just a tad overrated. I mean come on...they're jocks! They're not known for their academic "smarts". As long as they are athletic and have football smarts then they will be ok. The only players who should be reasonably smart are QB's and maybe Centers. :D

"Insticts" or football knowledge is a commodity. We should put less emphasis on weight lifted and time in the 40 and more emphasis on how they play (look at Boldin and Suggs). Many may say he plays faster than he is. How do you think that happens? Its knowing the opponent and the game. Those with higher intellects would know where to be and therefore play faster than they are. I think its quite important.

Back
Top Bottom