Carlos Joseph (among others) is dumb! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carlos Joseph (among others) is dumb!

Not a coincidence...they are both algebraic in nature. If you've forgotten some algebra shortcuts then you will have trouble.

I kept myself on the strict 5 minute time limit and missed the 48000 word one because I just didnt have the time to work it completely through cuz I forget some of my algebra shortcuts. If you take that test and don't keep yourself on the strict time limit there's no point taking it. All of the questions are ones you should be able to get eventually if you had a minute or two to look at each question. The idea with the wonderlic is you get literally like 18 seconds on average to work out each answer.

I found out what I got from my bosses but they weren't supposed to tell me which I think is stupid.

Intellect is more important to some individual players than others. Raw talent, being gifted physically and instincts also contribute to successful players. You’ve probably seen autistic savants who can translate dates to days of the week or play a musical instrument instinctively but who would probably wipe with a Wonderlic test (Rainman). That illustrates an extreme towards the instinctive side. On the other extreme you have people not as gifted physically but who make up for it intellectually by training, learning and practicing so that their skills are displayed without thinking (Larry Bird)(Ted Williams who also was gifted with exceptional vision). Ironically, many who reach the top of their field, perform their skills without deliberate thought. Eddie Van Halen isn’t thinking, “third finger, fourth fret; fourth finger, fifth fret; pick down, pick up, etc. He’s played so much he’s using muscle memory. I doubt one could find a correlation between Michael Jordan’s or Dan Marino’s Wonderlic score and their success and I wouldn’t kick Eddie out of the band for a low Wonderlic score. It should also be noted that some of the questions I’ve seen on such tests are going to be easier for some people who may have a better instinct for math. For instance, a question that can be answered easily by knowing the form of the algebraic equation represented by it is going to be gotten correct by someone who enjoys that kind of thing. The human intelligence is so varied, I can’t see a correlation of any 50 question test score to the ability to tackle, catch, block, pass, kick, play with pain, desire to win, work ethic, maintain team unity, accept coaching, and on and on and on.

Okay what would be the number that's twice as old as 23,,,?????

You mean the question about a guy is 17 his sister is twice as old how old is she when he turns 23. Easy. 23+17.

Originally posted by FinaciousOne

I realize you were just making an opening statement

After posting it I thought to myself that the statement really wasn't necessary.....

But it does deserve to be noted here that these men are essentially applying for jobs that pay more than most corporate executives. Their college experience is an attribute to their application.

A 7 on a wonderlic test from a guy just out of college is absolutely ridiculous. A freaking 7!?!?!?!

I'm willing to bet that my 11 year old could score higher than 7 :eek:

Originally posted by ZOD

I understand your point. The scores are nothing of which to be proud, but I think they tell us more about the system of athletic scholarships and the lack of scholastic accountability than the players’ ability to do the job for which they are being considered. I certainly wouldn't hire such a scorer for any type of management position, but I also wouldn't hire your 11 year old to play in the NFL. I'm sure that most personnel execs in the NFL are more concerned about the players’ ability to help their teams win than their lack of academic prowess. Since the NFL benefits from the NCAA programs by not having to fully fund a farm type system to develop players, I'm surprised they even use these scores, much less publicize them. Do these scores really help them decide which players they are going to draft? I can hear them talking now, "Let's take so-and-so. He got a 10 whereas that guy only got an 8. He's 25% better!†I remember a piece on Inside the NFL where they asked Z. Thomas a bunch of questions that weren’t that hard. All I can say is it’s a good thing he can tackle. I just hope Rick doesn’t pass on a player he honestly thinks can help us win just because the player doesn’t have the wattage to supply a night light.:lol:

Originally posted by ZOD

After posting it I thought to myself that the statement really wasn't necessary.....

But it does deserve to be noted here that these men are essentially applying for jobs that pay more than most corporate executives. Their college experience is an attribute to their application.

A 7 on a wonderlic test from a guy just out of college is absolutely ridiculous. A freaking 7!?!?!?!

And the 7 comes from a person who went to the University of Miami, which is a pretty good school that accepts less than 50% of those who apply. There is no way that someone who can only get a 7 on the Wonderlic could go to the University of Miami (or any other school for that matter) and not fail out unless someone is fixing their grades.

A freaking 7............. :nono:

Ell Roberson....Leader of your playbook.

An eleven! :lol:

Derrick Hamilton-attended one of the top engineering schools in America.

A 12! :lol:

Roderick Green-Central Missouri

A 3! :roflmao:

Roderick Green < box of rocks

:roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom