Carter Is Not A Cancer! / more CRAP from PFT (merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carter Is Not A Cancer! / more CRAP from PFT (merged)

Originally posted by CJS
Just like Terry Glenn - CC will be on his best behavior for the Fins. I don't think he will be opening his mouth at ALL for the remainder of this season, unless he wants to end his last chance of resurrecting his NFL career.
I hope so, but hard to compare someone who was a huge waste of talent in Glenn (at NE) to the greatest mortal ;) WR of all-time statistically speaking.

Originally posted by DPlus47
squirrel: i wans't saying he made the statement not to hurt freeman's feelings, but what team needs two posession receivers that both want the ball a lot? it's like wannstedt saying "we're not interested in cris carter" all week before they signed him. when they didn't know the story with gadsden, they didn't want to say anything to sway his decision either way. feelings? i don't think they entered in.

I'm sorry I misunderstood your intent with your statement

favre was asked about carter when the team still had antonio freeman up in the air. are you going to alienate a guy you have history with (and who could have still had a future with the team) for a possibility?

I think the situation with wannstedt is a little different.

While I fully admit that I do not pay close attention to what is going on with the Fins, if memory serves me correct Gadsden's issue was still very much up in the air. And it appears that many feel that Wannstedt was a little premature in going after Carter.

I do not remember Sherman saying too much about Carter. I think there was great speculation when Carter announced he was leaving the Queens as to where he would go. Why GB came up is beyond me.

I do not think Carter's past behavior was of any concern with Favre. After all Glenn was coming on board with a lot of baggage and Favre welcomed him on board. I think it just came down to the concept that Carter simply would not fit into the Packers organization.

I do not remember Sherman saying too much about Carter. I think there was great speculation when Carter announced he was leaving the Queens as to where he would go. Why GB came up is beyond me.

PFT? maybe?;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Squirrel

While I fully admit that I do not pay close attention to what is going on with the Fins, if memory serves me correct Gadsden's issue was still very much up in the air. And it appears that many feel that Wannstedt was a little premature in going after Carter.

FYI, Rick Speilman went after Carter, and 5 other receivers at the moment they heard Gadsden's injury was serious. You only have so much time to get a replacement. They need to learn the system and what not. Anyway, Wanny already spoke to OG and said "I want you back next year".

Green Bay came up because Carter brought them up. All on his own...

Anyway, I have reconsidered. I was wrong to quote ProFootballTalk, and I am ashamed of it. :cry:

clear.gif

Of course ProFootballTalk is just an opinion. And it was offered up as just that: an opinion. Nothing more; nothing less.
This entire board is just an opinion, too.

My point in posting Brett's comments were to show that the greatest QB in the game today, at a time when he was virtually receiver-less, said "No" to Cris Carter. Surely that counts for something.

The proof will be in the pudding; so we can just sit back and wait. But at least this way, when Crissy goes on auto-pilot and starts his weekly whine about how if Ray would just get him the ball more, the Dolphins would start winning again, you can scroll back here and remember that the guy from Texas warned ya. ;)

clear.gif

The thing to remember is that Carter got so little attention from other teams in the offseason is for 2 reasons.

1. He is a team problem.

2. He is not that productive anymore.

What ever he brings, it'll be better than the rest of the scrubs that were available.

Lead Dog: How's the view from back there?

Big Dog: I think I'm in love!

Originally posted by dolphan39
I hope so, but hard to compare someone who was a huge waste of talent in Glenn (at NE) to the greatest mortal ;) WR of all-time statistically speaking.

I think you can compare these two players because they both have had issues off the field that can distract a team if left unchecked.

I agree that Carter certainly has not wasted his talent on the field. However, as Free Safety mentioned, Carter can be a locker room problem for his team mates. As I mentioned earlier, I think Carter will be on his best behavior for at LEAST the rest of this season.

As far as Glenn turning his career around - it is still a work in progress - but so far so good.

the only thing that carter and glenn have in common is that they both went to ohio state. as a buckeye, i'm still mad at terry glenn for talking smack before his last michigan game and not backing any of it up. terry glenn has a lot of problems. on and off the field. i haven't seen much of him this year, but if you think randy moss takes plays off... and off the field, his record speaks for itself. i hope it works out for him, but i'm not optimistic. he is in a good situation for things to work out, with a hall of fame QB and a city that embraces its players like no other in the NFL. if he doesn't make it there, he's done. carter had a lot of problems as well (in philadelphia), but he has moved on. the perceived problems these days stem more from the fact that there is infinitely more sports coverage than there ever has been and all these journalists and talking heads need somebody to talk about so they can keep their jobs. if carter is a problem in the locker room, it's for the people in the locker room to bring up now, isn't it? minnesota's locker room has seemed (from the outside) to be a volatile place the last few years. even if you believe the hype and think carter tore that team apart himself, he's coming to a new team, a different team. one with a pre-established identity. one that is in no danger of imploding and going 5-11. winning tends to calm competitors.

what is carter's off field issue that can distract a team? is it asking for the ball? not quite the same as getting suspended for drug use if you ask me.

Originally posted by DPlus47

what is carter's off field issue that can distract a team? is it asking for the ball? not quite the same as getting suspended for drug use if you ask me.

You'll have to ask the Viking fans on specifics, but believe me, they are glad that he is gone.

As far as Glenn in college, that is ancient history as far as I'm concerned. None of us are the same people we were in college.

i agree, college is over for those guys. glenn had more than his share of problems in new england, and that's where the drug suspension and alienating himself from the whole team came from. it's also a place where he took plays off. i'm not rooting against the guy (outside of the upcoming monday-nighter), but his pro career (not college) is where most of the problems surfaced. i can still be mad about one game...

and as for the vikings' fans--who cares what their fans think? saints' fans are glad ricky williams is gone, pats' fans are glad terry glenn is gone... none of it matters. it matters how they get along with their new teams. i haven't heard carter's teammates and coaches come out and complain about him (aside from moss). it's all fans and media. can't say that about glenn. that's all i was saying.

Originally posted by CJS

You'll have to ask the Viking fans on specifics, but believe me, they are glad that he is gone.

As far as Glenn in college, that is ancient history as far as I'm concerned. None of us are the same people we were in college.

You know so many guys like your self say that but I haven't heard one accredited reporter say that, nor have i heard 1 Viking say that. I know one thing Randy Moss has looked very average since Carter left town, I don't know if tey are related, but his stats are much worse than the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom