Carter Is Not A Cancer! / more CRAP from PFT (merged) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carter Is Not A Cancer! / more CRAP from PFT (merged)

Originally posted by Dajesus

You know so many guys like your self say that but I haven't heard one accredited reporter say that, nor have i heard 1 Viking say that. I know one thing Randy Moss has looked very average since Carter left town, I don't know if tey are related, but his stats are much worse than the last few years.

To add to this look at what his ex OC has to say about him

Former Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Sherman Lewis called Carter "a great addition for anyone." Lewis, now an offensive consultant with the Detroit Lions, couldn't find a negative on Carter.

"He's a great competitor with outstanding hands and he can catch anything. He'll make the tough catch, the acrobatic catch and he probably has a better understanding of the game than any receiver out there. He knows coverages and he immediately recognizes weaknesses in coverage.

"He only has average speed, but the offense he was in at Minnesota allowed him to maneuver to get open. He'll block. He's a great practice player and his legs are fresh."

Originally posted by DPlus47
i agree, college is over for those guys. glenn had more than his share of problems in new england, and that's where the drug suspension and alienating himself from the whole team came from. it's also a place where he took plays off. i'm not rooting against the guy (outside of the upcoming monday-nighter), but his pro career (not college) is where most of the problems surfaced. i can still be mad about one game...

I don't know anything about Glenn's college days (nor do I care), in regards to the issues in NE.

Well, lets just say there is more to the story than most outside of NE heard. I can say that because I live in NE (40 minutes from Foxboro) and I heard a lot.

(I had this same conversation with Pats fans at the Pack/Pats game)

So far Glenn has done everything that has been asked of him in GB.

And in many ways I see the Fins bringing in Carter for the same reasons why the Pack brought in Glenn.

Both are very talented players. Both have their own kind of baggage. Both came very cheap. So if they work out, great. But if they don't its not going to break the bank for either team.

After watching Chris Carter fight on the sidelines with Culpepper, Moss, and Green I do not want him any where near the Dolphins!! The Dolphins is more than a football team it is a way of life that can not be damaged by the likes of Carter!! We have too many young WRs that can be damaged by Carter and his type of thinking!

Originally posted by Baby Fish
After watching Chris Carter fight on the sidelines with Culpepper, Moss, and Green I do not want him any where near the Dolphins!! The Dolphins is more than a football team it is a way of life that can not be damaged by the likes of Carter!! We have too many young WRs that can be damaged by Carter and his type of thinking!

Baby Fish, that is one of the primary reasons why the Pack/Pack fans did not want Carter on their team. Good player? absolutely. But not worth the risk of the damage he could inflict. (and before anyone says it, Glenn has his own risks but not the same as Carter)

But Carter is a better WR than Glenn will ever be. Even at the end of his career, Carter is STILL better WR than Terry "SHE" Glenn. Glenn has not been hit with any hard time with the Pack to see if he has REALLY changed!!

The fins hasn't had and Dolfelon since the time of Jimmy J. I think Dave has kept that under control. Maybe he can keep CC under control as well. Other than Ricky going off on a cop for illegal parking there isn't much. Met Ricky the other day at work, he's one big dude.

But Carter is a better WR than Glenn will ever be. Even at the end of his career, Carter is STILL better WR than Terry "SHE" Glenn. Glenn has not been hit with any hard time with the Pack to see if he has REALLY changed!!

Maybe. But will you still call Glenn a "she" when he gets by your defenders?

I am not going to get into a match about Glenn.

So far he has done everything that has been asked of him and more. And he has already faced one issue that in the past would have put him in a tailspin and he came through it just fine.

The Fins have to deal with Crissy. Lets see how Crissy does when things do not go the way he thinks they should. Now that should be interesting. Wonder how long Fiedler or Lucas will put up with him yelling at them on the sidelines, or throwing a temper tantrum in the locker room.

Is it absolute that either Crissy or Glenn will not revert to their past behavior? No. But one can hope that they have "both" grown up.

I have a hypathetical question for you. Lets say the Dolphins had a melt down this year(1 year removed from making the playoffs), and were 2-5 instead of 5-2. Would you want you our players on the sideline sulking, and feeling sorry for themselves, or would you want some key vetreans calling out the players who have obviously already qiut?

Originally posted by Squirrel

Maybe. But will you still call Glenn a "she" when he gets by your defenders?

I am not going to get into a match about Glenn.

So far he has done everything that has been asked of him and more. And he has already faced one issue that in the past would have put him in a tailspin and he came through it just fine.

The Fins have to deal with Crissy. Lets see how Crissy does when things do not go the way he thinks they should. Now that should be interesting. Wonder how long Fiedler or Lucas will put up with him yelling at them on the sidelines, or throwing a temper tantrum in the locker room.

Is it absolute that either Crissy or Glenn will not revert to their past behavior? No. But one can hope that they have "both" grown up.

I sure remember the number of years that Chris Carter lite up the Packers during his career! The Packers had to draft 3 DBs in a row just to stop Chris Carter!

I do not like having Chris Carter on a team like the GREAT Dolphins, but he is here and he will do gtreat against the Pack!

Here is something that I don't think has been considered. In Minnesota, Carter was a main-stay there. He had been there longer than any other guy. That pretty much makes him the big guy, and leaves him in this comfort zone. He was always there and had a say in things. That probably made it easier for him to become vocal like he did. Now in Miami, he is the new guy. He has little influence over what happens, playcalling, etc. What makes you think he is suddenly going to feel comfy enough to open his mouth? I personally think he realizes he is the new guy and doesn't have much say in what goes down, and will keep his mouth shut......

I sure remember the number of years that Chris Carter lite up the Packers during his career! The Packers had to draft 3 DBs in a row just to stop Chris Carter!

I do not like having Chris Carter on a team like the GREAT Dolphins, but he is here and he will do gtreat against the Pack!

LOL Baby Fish your too cute. :lol:

He lit up the Packers during his career? That is rich. I looked at his stats for the games played at Lambeau (since that is where he will be playing again against Favre & Co) the best game he had against the Pack was on 10/5/98. He had 8 receptions for 119 yards. The remainer of the times he averaged 4 carries for 55 yards. Oh I am so scared of Crissy.

Really Baby Fish I think someone needs to get a bucket of water for you. Your flip flopping like a fish out of water. In one post you claim that you do not like him, do not want him around your impressionable wr's and then praise him like he is the saving grace for the Fins when they arrive in GB. Which is it?

Do I think since he is the new kid on the block that he will refrain from opening his mouth? HA. Crissy believes he has a direct line to God and he knows the absolute way to the SB (Yet the Queens have yet to find their way there), So I would be very surprised if he opts for a vow of silence this season. :lol:

Originally posted by BMarion31
Here is something that I don't think has been considered. In Minnesota, Carter was a main-stay there. He had been there longer than any other guy. That pretty much makes him the big guy, and leaves him in this comfort zone. He was always there and had a say in things. That probably made it easier for him to become vocal like he did. Now in Miami, he is the new guy. He has little influence over what happens, playcalling, etc. What makes you think he is suddenly going to feel comfy enough to open his mouth? I personally think he realizes he is the new guy and doesn't have much say in what goes down, and will keep his mouth shut......

On the other end of the spectrum of this school of thought how about this conspiracy theroy. Cris knew the Vikings just lost their starting LT to a horrible tradgedy, their RB becuase he was a punk,(excuse the timeline here) but within a year of losing RG and C who both had pro bowls to their credit, and pro bowl LB(McDaneil) and DE(randle.) They added nothing in the draft or free agency. Carter has 1 year left in his contract after the current season witch also happens to be about how many years he has left in the game. He is the #2 WR of all time who has never been to a SB. The Vikings start looking real bad. Moss is makeing a mockery of our beloved game. Then mid way thru the season Carter starts having melt downs, meltdowns that haven't been seen in his whole career with the Vikings. My question is this does Carter stop bitting his toungue about the horribel situation in Minn, hopeing he would piss off the big wigs who would inturn let him get out of his contract allowing him to get away from this losing franchise. I am not so much talking about the blow up where he grabbed the LB, but more so how he just kind of let it all hang out to the media last year? Cris is smart man, and it was pretty obvious that Minn was at the beginning of a down cycle, so I have to wonder.

Back
Top Bottom