Carter Is The Best Choice To Replace Gadsden.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Carter Is The Best Choice To Replace Gadsden....

Originally posted by Merman
I can't believe all this fawning over Carter. If he's willing to dump HBO in mid season the man is still all about himself. If there is any adversity in the locker room in the next few weeks I don't see him helping at all. If he had any leadership skills he should have shown them in Minnesota, instead he says I'm looking for a Super Bowl contender. Wannstedt must be panicking to even consider Carter.

I have made it perfectly clear about how I feel ablout Chris Carter,
but Merman do you expect us to beleive that if you were a pro football player without a team doing analysis for a network with a contract that lets you opt out if an offer to play football comes up that you would keep your non obligation to the network? PLEASE!:rolleyes:

If Carter comes in and there is some kinda locker room problem he needs to be the "new guy" and shut up, IMO Dave isn't asking him to be a leader, he has leaders on this team, he needs him to be a football player, and there's no doubting he can play.

But TRUST ME when I say "I understand your concern";)

Originally posted by Hellion

but Merman do you expect us to beleive that if you were a pro football player without a team doing analysis for a network with a contract that lets you opt out if an offer to play football comes up that you would keep your non obligation to the network? PLEASE!:rolleyes:

If you are in the middle of an obligation and quit you are still quiting. If you think it's O.K. because it's football and pays more then I guess that justifies it.:rolleyes:

If Carter comes in and there is some kinda locker room problem he needs to be the "new guy" and shut up

I'm sure that's what (me first) Carter would think.

But TRUST ME when I say "I understand your concern";)

Not really my concerns as much as what Carter's actions have demonstrated. I'm not always right but it sure looks like a no win situation out of desperation.

Originally posted by Merman

If you are in the middle of an obligation and quit you are still quiting. If you think it's O.K. because it's football and pays more then I guess that justifies it.:rolleyes:

That's just the point Merman it's not an obligation. There's nothing in his contract with HBO that says he has to finish the season with them. And I'm sure he made that clear to them when he signed the contract, that if a football offer comes up he can pursue it.

Anyone who called him Chris Carter in the above discussion's should just admit that they really don't know that much about the guy.

DCH another great post . C. Carter will keep his mouth shut. Speillman and Wanny will take care of that. If they offer him a deal and he joins this team. This team has turned the corner, everybody is focused. This is a BUSINESS, these guys get paid more money in a season than most of us can make in a lifetime!
The club is not going to offer a long term contract to someone with bad arthritic toes. Damaged merchandise! In the next draft or free agency they will address the problem, for long term . Now we need someone like C. Carter for the balance of the season.

Originally posted by mls737
Anyone who called him Chris Carter in the above discussion's should just admit that they really don't know that much about the guy.

Sorry mls737 Cris Carter:rolleyes:

Why would you sign?

... a WR who is about to have serious surgery on his wrist?

We are still paying for Gardener, if this doesn't tell why they are not signing him, nothing else will.

Oliver...

Originally posted by dolfan06
i gotta get used to this, getting rid of OG kinda screws up my thinking about the fins management and i don't care who they sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merman.....

What if Bernie Parmalee had "stuck to his obligation" at UPS and the local bowling alley and not gone out for the Dolphins?? Would that have been the "right thing to do"?? What's the difference between the Parmalee's of the world and the Cris Carter's?? $10 says that the HBO crew would not be upset in the least if he left and joined the Phins. Not in the least.

BTW - I'm not mocking you (just in case).

Originally posted by Hellion

That's just the point Merman it's not an obligation. There's nothing in his contract with HBO that says he has to finish the season with them. And I'm sure he made that clear to them when he signed the contract, that if a football offer comes up he can pursue it.

I understant your point of view but definitely do not agree with it. By definition a contract is an obligation and since the contract isn't posted on the web how do we all know what it says?? After not renewing contracts to two long time pundits do you think HBO really doesn't care that the new hire may leaving in the middle of the season?? Didn't Carter say he was retiring and going to pursue a broadcasting career?? Of course he can probably get out of his contract and aford to pay any penalty but it still doesn't make it right.

No Muck your tone is not mocking at all and I agree the crew at HBO could care less. But management might. Is a career at UPS and the local bowling alley in the same league as a broadcasting career with one of the premier football shows?? Looks like we are just going to have to agree we disagree. :)

It's been stated over and over in different articles that HBO will not keep Carter from signing with an NFL team.

Carter stated on the show that all Marts has to do is call if he wants a quality 3rd WR.
That tells me neither HBO officials or Carter have signed anything long term.

I'll tell you what, if someone came up to me and offered me more money to do what I love to do instead of something I'm just settling for I'd jump at it.
Does that make me a quitter in your eyes? I don't care.
Does it make me a fool if I don't take the job? in my eyes yes it does, and that's all that matters.

"The contract, believed to be for one year, is contingent on Carter passing a physical, which is expected to take place early next week. There are no provisions in Carter's contract with HBO that would preclude him from returning to the NFL if he desired."

Says it all about the contract with HBO.

Back
Top Bottom